Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ways to get your wife involved in the RC hobby

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2012, 05:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

You guys are going at it all wrong. You want the wifes approval, not to get her involved in the this...

What I did was I delivered her some Diamond ear rings on the lid whilst she was sitting out side reading in the sun. I pulled up and bumped her chair. She looked down and it was niagra falls.. She was working me for the rings for a long time, this way I get what I want and so did she.

To this day, she is always on the lookout for more stuff. On race days I remind her, she might get that chair bump again soon Will it happen again soon? Shhhhh
Old 03-31-2012, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by got_nitro
You guys are going at it all wrong. You want the wifes approval, not to get her involved in the this...

What I did was I delivered her some Diamond ear rings on the lid whilst she was sitting out side reading in the sun. I pulled up and bumped her chair. She looked down and it was niagra falls.. She was working me for the rings for a long time, this way I get what I want and so did she.

To this day, she is always on the lookout for more stuff. On race days I remind her, she might get that chair bump again soon Will it happen again soon? Shhhhh
Diamonds are forever they say but I have doubts about the approval for forever!
Old 04-01-2012, 05:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrUnlimited
Diamonds are forever they say but I have doubts about the approval for forever!
I didn't read the whole thread and I'm not going to... When the wife is like "But" I'll stop her right there with a "da da da honey, remember the ear rings"?

The thread should be titled "How to keep your wife out of the hobby" because IMO this is a guy time thing on the race end This is my serenity, leave the wife's at home!
Old 04-01-2012, 06:15 AM
Tech Champion

My wife and RC dont mix.
Old 04-01-2012, 07:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dale_gribble
My biggest fear is that when I die my wife sells my RC cars for what I told her I paid for them.
Now that is funny, but really, if your gone, who cares what she sells them for. I think the joke would be on her and someone will get an awesome deal.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:05 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm not sure I want the wife involved. I just need to know how to convince her to let me buy more buggies !
Old 04-01-2012, 08:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I showed my wife this thread and she wanted to get an Wife's only "I hate rc forum" started.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I get mine involved by tellin her to make me some sammiches for my lunch on race day. JK, she actually does the scoring system and announcing at our track.