Tech Rookie

Default Help me! What truggy?

Mugen MBX6TR

Serpent 811T

Durango DNX408T
Old 07-27-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I think I would go Mugen and I drive an AE so thats an unbiased opinion.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Prophet

Flip a coin thats all i can tell you ! All three of them are good.

I also drive a AE Truggy so you know.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:24 AM
Tech Prophet

Flip a coin thats all i can tell you ! All three of them are good its just of what you can afford and the support for them which the mugen has the most out of the other two.

I also drive a AE Truggy so you know.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:41 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

They are all great truggys. The Mugen does break. I drove one for 8 months and I broke several arms. At med events 120+ entries I always pull at least 1 broken Mugen off the track due to a broken arm. They handle great I just wish they would fix the brittle arm deal.

I haven't driven the Durango but it looks great on the track. Personally I drive a Serpent. On that list I would go Serpent or Durango.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L
They are all great truggys. The Mugen does break. I drove one for 8 months and I broke several arms. At med events 120+ entries I always pull at least 1 broken Mugen off the track due to a broken arm. They handle great I just wish they would fix the brittle arm deal.

I haven't driven the Durango but it looks great on the track. Personally I drive a Serpent. On that list I would go Serpent or Durango.
+1... i dont drive truggy anymore but would say Mugen does have an issue with the arms and you gotta drive/land perfect for them not to break. I actually passed on a free MBX6TR because of my lack in driving skills...

Seeing the serpent truggy out of the box it looked plush and handled well.
Durango looks sweet and from what i saw, can take a beating. Just ask for tips on their thread when building.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks friends. is true that a new model comes serpent.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Arivera7
thanks friends. is true that a new model comes serpent.
serpent for me!! serpent will update there truggy in about a month.. only updates will be the same as what the buggy got.. jeremy
Old 07-27-2012, 08:28 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (87%+)

I have heard from those who have the serpent that they really like them. We have a sponcered serpent racer at our local track in Michigan and he said they are a little tricky at first to set up but when you figure it out they rock. I run D8t and he really has nothing on me! I hold my own and actually finished the race. The serpent guy flamed out a few times. He said to get sponcered by serpent they made him run a certian engine. By the end of the day he was breaking the rules if you know what i mean....lol
Old 07-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alwayswin
I have heard from those who have the serpent that they really like them. We have a sponcered serpent racer at our local track in Michigan and he said they are a little tricky at first to set up but when you figure it out they rock. I run D8t and he really has nothing on me! I hold my own and actually finished the race. The serpent guy flamed out a few times. He said to get sponcered by serpent they made him run a certian engine. By the end of the day he was breaking the rules if you know what i mean....lol
in our contracts we all have different things.. there is a clause stating if you have issues you can use another engine to finish race day.. i see alot of racers not using the correct gear all the times.. it happens.

yes a tick tricky at first but if you go to serpent.com you can fine alot of good know setups to get you started off on the right foot.. use team guys have spent many many hours gettings setups good for all serpent owners to use.. download a few and start there..
Old 07-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (87%+)

Originally Posted by J.Whiting
in our contracts we all have different things.. there is a clause stating if you have issues you can use another engine to finish race day.. i see alot of racers not using the correct gear all the times.. it happens.

yes a tick tricky at first but if you go to serpent.com you can fine alot of good know setups to get you started off on the right foot.. use team guys have spent many many hours gettings setups good for all serpent owners to use.. download a few and start there..
That sounded a bit defense of. Lol...,not putting them down by no means. They are a awsome built car! Everything they make is built tbe best for sure!!!
I would love to own one but price take is to high for me. Not that they are over priced. Just to expensive for the average club racer. I make a big race maybe 2 times a year. Ill continue winning with my budget freindly D8T.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L

Did you ever boil your arms? Boiling is supposed to make the arms way less brittle. This wednesday i'll be running my mugen mbx5t for the first time ever. Gonna run it and see what breaks. I'm a pretty good driver but i do occasionaly have my spills, if an arm breaks the next set i'll boil em. The thing is that if you drive in really cold conditions the arms can actually become more brittle than they were before boiling. I've heard the 5t is pretty durable and i've only heard of the arm breaking issue on the 6t.

Last edited by Rockthecatbox21; 07-27-2012 at 09:55 PM. Reason: bad spelling
Old 07-27-2012, 10:08 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (73%+)

If you want the nicest truggy, get the team durango DNX408T, if you want something not as nice as it, get one of the other ones.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chopper82p
If you want the nicest truggy, get the team durango DNX408T, if you want something not as nice as it, get one of the other ones.
Looking at your signature, you don't own any of the three truggies listed. Why should you be the authority on which is nicest? Unless you've seen them all in person side by side, you really can't know for sure.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:20 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (73%+)

Originally Posted by Rockthecatbox21
Looking at your signature, you don't own any of the three truggies listed. Why should you be the authority on which is nicest? Unless you've seen them all in person side by side, you really can't know for sure.
lol, I have seen them and I drove DNX408T and the mugen. The DNX408T really is a nice truggy, drives nice, looks incredible..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.