Old 03-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Nice
Old 03-03-2012, 09:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I would think so.

Now all I need to do is get on the ball and start buying :-). I think I'm going to take a look at the futaba 3pks or stick with my original plan and get the 4pks who knows. I am going to get the ninja engine for sure. Servos, still not sure?? I'm going to be getting the mspec very soon ...
Old 03-04-2012, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by doug e fresh
I would think so.

Now all I need to do is get on the ball and start buying :-). I think I'm going to take a look at the futaba 3pks or stick with my original plan and get the 4pks who knows. I am going to get the ninja engine for sure. Servos, still not sure?? I'm going to be getting the mspec very soon ...
The #1 advantage fo the 4pks over the 3PKS is Weight savings.. Features are virtually the same, I think the 4pk has 1 additional menu that the 3 doesn't, but I don't know what it is..
Old 03-04-2012, 07:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

To answer that other question about track surface. The tracks I run at are tacky/loose clayon the corners. What would you guys recommend for tires on those surfaces??
where do you race?
Old 03-04-2012, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

On a scale of 1-10 how fast of a engine do you want ? also what is your tuning experience and what fuel do you plan to run ?
Old 03-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
where do you race?
I race at dirt burners and a track at colinsville il. Both are awesome tracks.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:45 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Maximo
On a scale of 1-10 how fast of a engine do you want ? also what is your tuning experience and what fuel do you plan to run ?
10 duh lol. I'm going to be running O'Donnell 25% fuel. I'm pretty good at tuning. I tuned and can tune a 3.3. They are known to be hard to tune. I am having problems getting the tune right on my xl. Hating life :-(. I'm really liking the ninja tho but I'm open to suggestions if you feel there are better.
Old 03-04-2012, 06:44 PM
Tech Addict

Talking

Well I just placed my order for my mugen. Next is engine and 4pks
Old 03-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

10 duh lol. I'm going to be running O'Donnell 25% fuel. I'm pretty good at tuning. I tuned and can tune a 3.3. They are known to be hard to tune. I am having problems getting the tune right on my xl. Hating life :-(. I'm really liking the ninja tho but I'm open to suggestions if you feel there are better.
Well if your after a 10 then I will say you should look at my Clocked Nova P5XLT....a Nionja B02 would be a 6.5 and this would be a 10 in terms of power/performance...its cheaper too......In other words my Clocked P5 will be a pile faster then the stock Ninja...
Old 03-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Tech Addict

Questions??

How much are we talking and how many gallons on that bad boy?? I love me a nova. Awesome engines and a breeze to tune. Not so fun breaking in lol. I love that ninja to tho.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:58 PM
Tech Adept

I race at dirt burners and a track at colinsville il. Both are awesome tracks.
r/c outlaws? i live about an hour or so from collinsville and wanted to check this track out. never even drove on a track and would love to try.

for servos check out savox. and for tires AKA and Jconcepts have alot more options than proline
Old 03-04-2012, 09:30 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

You are correct my good sir. It is a very good track and well worth the drive. Since a new race season is coming around there going to be redoing the track. If you ever make it down or up here hit me up. I would love to race you and I can take you to dirt burners..
Old 03-04-2012, 09:59 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Hey maximo..

I have a few questions for you since you know alot out clocked engines. I have two in mind and would like your opinion.

Here's number one
http://www.clockworkracingengines.co...s-21xz-b-speed

Number two.
http://www.clockworkracingengines.co...s-cre-wrxprob6

Or the b5. As I said before money isn't an option for me as of right now and I want my dream truggy. You know, the one where it makes everyone drool over your set up

When I start getting my stuff ill make sure I update this thread. So be looking out on here over the few months or so..

P.s.
What do you think for my savage xl?? Its this or the lrp 32, I want something with low end power and will last for my xl also easy to tune. This stock 5.9 is putting a bad taste in my mouth with tuning. Making me keel like a noob again :-(.

Here's the engine.
http://www.clockworkracingengines.co...-novplus28-7rt

Last edited by doug e fresh; 03-04-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Champion

Hey maximo..

I have a few questions for you since you know alot out clocked engines. I have two in mind and would like your opinion.

Here's number one
http://www.clockworkracingengines.co...s-21xz-b-speed

Number two.
http://www.clockworkracingengines.co...s-cre-wrxprob6

Or the b5. As I said before money isn't an option for me as of right now and I want my dream truggy. You know, the one where it makes everyone drool over your set up

When I start getting my stuff ill make sure I update this thread. So be looking out on here over the few months or so..

P.s.
What do you think for my savage xl?? Its this or the lrp 32, I want something with low end power and will last for my xl also easy to tune. This stock 5.9 is putting a bad taste in my mouth with tuning. Making me keel like a noob again :-(.

Here's the engine.
http://www.clockworkracingengines.co...-novplus28-7rt

Look at my Bonito instead of the Speed..its much faster and much fancier and less money...Speeds are OK, but the Bonito kills it.........

The engine you want is my Clocked P5XLT

that Nova 28-7RT is badass...it is much much more powerful then either the LRP 32 or the K5.9.....

Oh..I know soo much about Clockwork engines as I am the guy who builds them ! I am the co-owner of Clockwork.......

Last edited by Maximo; 03-05-2012 at 08:53 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Tech Adept

You are correct my good sir. It is a very good track and well worth the drive. Since a new race season is coming around there going to be redoing the track. If you ever make it down or up here hit me up. I would love to race you and I can take you to dirt burners..

glad to hear its a nice track. right now i just got a B4 and a GT which both would be hard to drive on a track. hopefully ill have an 8th scale sometime soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.