Search

DID TESSMANS HB REALLY WIN THE DNC

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigmane42
So he did say what he was running?
he has posted what he runs a couple of time in the Hara thread. I believe there is even a parts list with part numbers and all.

If you read your own thread, you would know that it has been repeated numerous times that Ty is very open about what he runs and tests.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

who cares what he was running!

it freaking passed tech right?

look at the homemade b4.1 chassis Ty recently designed/built to run at the Reedy race a few weeks back in 2wd mod class....guess what......it passed tech too! The kid is an ace with an rc car and a transmitter and will be for years to come, get used to it!

btw, this thread SUCKS!
Old 03-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

+1 on this thread sucks
Y all the hate he ran a good race
Old 03-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bigmane42
So he did say what he was running?
It has been pretty well documented.

At the 2011 Sidewinder race, HB ran three different designs. R&D is ongoing for the major brands.

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...?storyid=11087
Old 03-02-2012, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I don't see what the big deal is. Top drivers or athletes in any sport are going to get stuff the general public doesn't have access to immediately. Companies have to do real world testing and there is no other way to do it except having their sponsored representatives try stuff out on race day.

On the other hand, I get what some folks are saying about manufacturers potentially being misleading if the franken car that actually won is no where near what one gets when buying the kit.

I recall when I raced BMX and Huffy, Team Murrary and other cheaper brands had a few top sponsored riders. They'd win a national title and of course, it would be advertised that Huffy won X race in the magazines. Everyone that raced knew damn well the guys racing were using other "real" BMX bikes with Huffy stickers on the frame and/or one off custom made frames. Gary Ellis, Stu Thompson... yeah, I am old. These weren't the Huffys you could find in your local KMart bike section by any stretch of the imagination. Not even close.
Old 03-02-2012, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eivind E
That's not entirely true.
If you buy a MBX6R EU, you basicly get the car that Robert Batlle keeps winning all the races in Europe with, the core of the car is basicly the European Championship winning car. Would you agree?
It seems to me, less some oils, swaybars, springs and adjustments, you would basicly get the Robert Batlle winning car.

Similarly, if you buy the Kyosho, you are basicly getting the same car as the team drivers like Ronnefalk and Pålsson are driving in Europe, I am not aware that they would be running any unusual different brand shocks or rear arms from a KanaiIII edition or something.

Here's a pic of Robert Batlle w/MBX6
i wonder why Kyosho releases a championship edition after the win... ... seeing that the car is already available...

Last edited by kgombe; 03-02-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

and robert didnt always race a Out of the box Mugen, they had to test the EU upgrades somehow.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Well, first of all those updates are minimal.
5mm elongated chassis or whatever, and for a short time he ran a carbon lipoholder from Xtreme Racing or something like that, until Mugen made their own.

It's not like they ran shocks off a kyosho and the rear end off a MBX4..

The basic car was and is basicly what you buy in the store. That's where the big difference is.

I just think Hodbodies potentially leave a lot of customers disappointed once they figure out what they've bought isn't what they thought it was.

Anyhow, this will be my last post on this thread as it seems illiterate people can't get past the knee-jerk "why you hatin on tessman, h8rs gawn h8, this is stupid, delete this thread".
Old 03-02-2012, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

so who is to determine what kind of mods to run... the simplest thing... as in just moving the battery to another spot on the car can give a hell of an advantage... maybe those guys aren't as innovative as the Tessmans... thinking outside the box...
Old 03-02-2012, 06:04 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams

look at the homemade b4.1 chassis Ty recently designed/built to run at the Reedy race a few weeks back in 2wd mod class....guess what......it passed tech too! The kid is an ace with an rc car and a transmitter and will be for years to come, get used to it!

btw, this thread SUCKS!
Well said. Like Kinwald with a dremel...
Old 03-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedy2
here it is:

fellas wht does the lightning rear arms do? looks as if they move the shock location out on the arm?
Old 03-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
fellas wht does the lightning rear arms do? looks as if they move the shock location out on the arm?
That would be a yes.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

You cannot take his win away he WON period to question its stupid he's a great driver so great he won two of the main classes. If he hide his car that would different the only issue would be if a young person bought not knowing he might be disappointed after he found out it was different it will probably happen YouTube is huge.

I think people have a issue due to the fact his kit was completely different so much so its like running three different kits in one. I might be wrong but those look like kyosho shocks. People use after market parts everyone I know uses since he pulled main parts off other kits that's why people are questioning if it should be considered a D8 its not like using ALU hubs or a M2C clutch. If I was HB I would make this into a production kit Hara ran something similar believe he was the first and I bet it will that's why there was some changes with in HB it makes sense Josh lime light was being taken away - speculation. Also I bet that's why the CR8 hasn't been released speculation again
Old 03-02-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

As most have pointed out,

Many of the top Driver's rides aren't usualy box stock. They are always trying to find that next thing that will make them faster. That's part of what they get paid for. An evolution if you will. It used to be that teams could go out to a secret test track and not too many people would know and if one of the mags got some testing pics, there was a delay before the rest of the general public would know. Those days for the most part are long gone. Now just about anyone has a phone that can snap some pics and the whole world would know in a matter of minutes.

So what do you do? Well sometimes the testing is done right in front of you and you may not even know it. I know I saw the Losi buggies that no one could get pics of, but I didn't know there were new stuff on them when I saw them. Maybe if I looked real hard I might have figured something out, but did it really matter? Not to me. New stuff has to be R&D'd somehow.

I always wonder what it must be like to have to try and R&D a part or parts at a big event and still have the expectation to race well and win. It's not something that I'd want, but I don't get paid to do that either.

Kodo's to Ty and the HB team for finding things that make their car better. Even cooler that it was done with things that any racer can buy from HB. While it's not in the kit, with a little searching, I'm pretty sure anyone that has a D8 could have the same car setup that Ty has. People should be happy about that. Maybe the parts will lead to running changes for the kit down the road and maybe not. At least you can get the parts to do it your self if you want to.

All that said Ty ran great all week and got himself and the HB team some well deserved wins. The Truggy main was about the only time that I thought he might not have had an answer for Mayfeild. Those two had checked out from the rest of the feild and looked to be on a pace that the rest of the feild wasn't matching. Still Ty kept it together and ran a super clean and consistant main. When Mayfeild broke out, I felt that the race was Ty's for sure and he proved it was.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams

btw, this thread SUCKS!
well said ! the kid is good !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.