Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DID TESSMANS HB REALLY WIN THE DNC

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Tech Adept

Default DID TESSMANS HB REALLY WIN THE DNC

OK MY QUESTION TO U PROFFESIONALS OUT THERE. I've read several articles in cluding neo buggy that ty tessmans hb was heavily modified. My question to u guys is if your going to modify a machine that much is it still recognized as that companies vehicle? Im sure some of yall was there was it that modified i totally get titanium parts to keep from breaking. Should a vehicle be allowed that has been that heavily modified. But i guess if the rules allow it why not.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I wouldn't claim that the car was highly modified regardless of where you read it. Several cars at the event were testing newer parts as most companies do this to learn and grow.
Tessman was using D8 parts along with the older Lightning buggy parts. Some HB drivers have been doing this for a little while now. It's actually something that anyone can do if they want.

I call it smart thinking and congrats to HB and the drivers.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I say yes.

Most of the mods on his car were all Hot Bodies mods anyway -- parts from the Lightning series. But there aren't any rules that say that you can't deviate from the car's stock form in large races. If that were the case, there would be alot of aftermarket companies out of business! People love to modify, customize, and continually optimize their buggies.

You'll often see team drivers running mods on their cars -- whether it's a set-up mod that the stock parts wouldn't allow, parts from a different car, prototype parts, or even an entire prototype buggy.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by bigmane42
OK MY QUESTION TO U PROFFESIONALS OUT THERE. I've read several articles in cluding neo buggy that ty tessmans hb was heavily modified. My question to u guys is if your going to modify a machine that much is it still recognized as that companies vehicle? Im sure some of yall was there was it that modified i totally get titanium parts to keep from breaking. Should a vehicle be allowed that has been that heavily modified. But i guess if the rules allow it why not.
Guess what! He's a top pro level driver for HB! Guess what! That also rewards him "prototype" parts for his vehicles or anything new they need to test. I believe he has earned this. The Lightning Pro2 front and rear end you could buy off A-main. Perks of being "Pro" sponsored driver..
Old 02-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

and not to mention the CR8 that is not even released and who knows what it will look like when it is..
Old 02-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Tech Regular

The car or truck only has to comply with basic list of rules, if it passed the tech inspection then it didn't matter what parts were used. I could see it being an issue if Hot Bodies tried to make out that Ty won with an out of the box machine. Who knows, maybe Ty was using a prototype that will be released in a couple of months as an updated model.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

do u think you can take his car and make the amain with it. the kid drove his butt off and really did not crash the hole race he did a great job, and instead of bashing the kid u should congratulate the kid for beating the some of the drivers in RC. next time make a thread on the positive and not the negative.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:39 PM
Tech Elite

the car ty ran will be relased when they relase the cr8 now the worlds knows why josh left
Old 02-28-2012, 02:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Don't really care about the topic, however wasn't he running a TeknoRC chassis?

I think I saw a picture of it somewhere.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

tekno was on truck...looks like fioroni on buggy
Old 02-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by porkchop
the car ty ran will be relased when they relase the cr8 now the worlds knows why josh left
oh boy.. let the rumours begin
Old 02-28-2012, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

All I know the kid can drive, he put on a good show in truggy pacing Mayfield in the start then Mayfield caught that haybail. Then it was all Tessman, I don't think the truggy is that modified from the og version. His buggy was so badass, it turned so good, his landings off jumps were right on and the buggy did not flat land and pancake weird so his shock combo was all there. OS engine was perfect even his pops drop in a quick tune right before the start just to give it a little more umph!! I put him to win the truggy but in buggy I thought Mayfield was going to take it. Mad respect for that kid and his rides he's going to make the Tessman-8ight version a hot seller.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by kgombe
oh boy.. let the rumours begin
Lol..I know right...
Old 02-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Default Did Dakotah really run a TLR?

Testing goes on all the time and is legal.

From RCInsider --

"Late Friday night at the 2012 Dirt Nitro Challenge we found out through Douglas Phend Dakotah’s father, that the media couldn’t take pictures of the TLR 1:8 nitro buggies… During the day we weren’t in the TLR pits snooping and didn’t get the “No Photo Memo”!

While we were talking with Dakotah’s dad, he said he didn’t tune or wrench on the Dakotah’s car at all for Rnd #3′s TQ run…! We were told that night 6 TLR buggies had the same parts Dakotah was testing! So what is under that body that is so special, that the media isn’t allowed to take pictures of….? Dakotah’s car was dialed on Friday… The question is will Dakotah be running it in tonights main?"
Old 02-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -R2-
All I know the kid can drive, he put on a good show in truggy pacing Mayfield in the start then Mayfield caught that haybail. Then it was all Tessman, I don't think the truggy is that modified from the og version. His buggy was so badass, it turned so good, his landings off jumps were right on and the buggy did not flat land and pancake weird so his shock combo was all there. OS engine was perfect even his pops drop in a quick tune right before the start just to give it a little more umph!! I put him to win the truggy but in buggy I thought Mayfield was going to take it. Mad respect for that kid and his rides he's going to make the Tessman-8ight version a hot seller.
Couldn't agree more with this post. I watched the video and he was by far the best driver out there. His car looked dialed too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.