Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DID TESSMANS HB REALLY WIN THE DNC

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I say let them build and race with "unobtanium" parts. This is how the cars progress. Racing is the best test bed for refinements. And remember, they are toy cars.
E
Old 02-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mebolson
I say let them build and race with "unobtanium" parts. This is how the cars progress. Racing is the best test bed for refinements. And remember, they are toy cars.
E
If someone built a custom frankenstein chassis and used every part brand under the sun to complete the build and won that day... everyone would be a winner!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hakmazter
I read through this page and I also read through page 1. I missed the middle pages, but I will give my opinion.

I personally think it is terrible that this happens in regards to consumer marketing. I do not know (as I didn't read everything) what Ty had on his car, however, the Hara win was a complete joke from my viewpoint in regards to the industry and I assume he isn't the only guilty party throughout the years.

In my opinion, if the car and the parts are not available for sale, then it should not count as a win. There is a point when it is obvious when someone like Dale Earnhardt won Nascar races, that obviously, a Monte Carlo at the dealership is not the same thing. But unfortunately in the rc world, it is assumed by the masses that the car that won can be bought off the shelf and can be driven by the customer and then expect a similar result.

Now certainly, the average consumer cannot drive like the big boys and Hara certainly does not deserve any less respect for what he did, but it is rediculous to play what wins on Sunday sells on Monday and then dupe the public like they did back then. My opinion is that months later they made a Hara edition just to save face.

Now, if Ty put a commercially available Lightning front end/rear end, etc... on the car, no issue. If Ty ran a hotbodies car and stuck Mugen axles in it because he thought they were better and disclosed it. No harm, no foul in my opinion.

I very specifically ask our people to let me know exactly what they are running and what they modified, but I am a strong believer in ethics. If it takes Kyosho springs and Mugen upper arms to win, so be it, but you can bet that Johnny customer can replicate the exact car on Monday if he wants to. then it is up to his skill level and talent to do the rest.

At what point does a rc car no longer become a car? If you replace the arms? towers? shocks? chassis plate? go by percentage? I think it is a legitimate concern when there is a full page ad saying "buy the winning XYZ brand" when the car that can be purchased is nothing like the one that won.
Mike,

Consumers could of built a "hara edition D8" in HB hop up parts which have been readily available since worlds 2008. The "Hara edition" D8 kit is simply all of the hop ups bundled up in one purchase now with the exception of the 3mm chassis (the original chassis was 4mm) nothing has change suspension geometry wise since the initial product launch in 2008.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

The rules do not stipulate that a racer must race a car that is commercially available. The results sheets say "Hot Bodies", they do not say "Hot Bodies D8 with specific modifications" because they don't have to say that. Jesse Robbers finished second with a Hot Bodies car (CR8) that is completely unavailable to the public. Where is the outrage?

Prototype cars and parts are nothing new, in fact a big win with a box stock car is almost unheard of. If the car passes tech, then crosses the line first, then passes tech again. It's a win. End of conversation.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

exactly what mods does Ty's car have that is causing all of this outrage?
Old 02-29-2012, 09:06 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by spunkysandoval
just front and rear hotbodies lightening arms and drivshafts with the truggy rear tower, this hole thread is a joke. he won truggy also, anyone have excuses why he won that class also?, his truggy must have been "highly modded" also....LMAO

simple.........the guy can frick'in drive!!!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spunkysandoval
I think they are arguing at what point does a car no longer be called the original OTS kit? So I guess what makes a D8, a D8? People just want the same car that Ty drove right now
Old 02-29-2012, 09:19 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by inpuressa
I think they are arguing at what point does a car no longer be called the original OTS kit? So I guess what makes a D8, a D8? People just want the same car that Ty drove right now
all hotbodies parts pretty much makes it a hotbodies in my opinion. maybe he was useing mugen drive pins in his cvd's............oh no....now he was driving a highly modded mugen

i hope ty does not come on here and awnser any of this crap, its just the hotbodies haters looking for reasons why he won.

I run hotbodies also, but was hoping Dakotah Phend would win, he is a local racer and a super nice guy!

AWSOME JOB TY! YOU ROCK!
Old 02-29-2012, 09:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by easyryder
1/8 scale is laid back, lets keep it this way, plus everyone knows its all driver, he was the man at this event, period
+1 week in and week out do we all try to make our buggys as fast and handle as good as posible? I think this is silly talk.At the level these guys race and whats at stake(employment) .I dont know why people are so bent out of shape.I believe it stems from 2008 when hara won with d8 with hop ups and people also forget there were also three other d8 not as mod(short towers, short shocks) is it because its modded or its a hotboddies.I think it would be a diffrent story if it some other buggy ( ae,losi,mugen,kyohoso,xray etc won.Let ty enjoy his win because he was the best on that night
Old 02-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by D-MAIN
just front and rear hotbodies lightening arms and drivshafts with the truggy rear tower, this hole thread is a joke. he won truggy also, anyone have excuses why he won that class also?, his truggy must have been "highly modded" also....LMAO

simple.........the guy can frick'in drive!!!
Just to clarify...he also used Kyosho springs and rear shocks, and different shock towers.

I think it's great that Ty and his dad are testing and developing their car, and its obvious they have found something that works! I think its funny when people post that he could have won with a Redcat. At that level of racing when drivers' skill level are almost equal, any slight car advantage will make a big difference in lap times.
Old 02-29-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by easyryder
1/8 scale is laid back, lets keep it this way, plus everyone knows its all driver, he was the man at this event, period
+1 week in and week out do we all try to make our buggys as fast and handle as good as posible? I think this is silly talk.At the level these guy race and whats at stake(employment) .I dont know why people are so bent out of shape.I believe it stems from 2008 when hara won with d8 with hop ups and people also forget there were also three other d8 not as mod(short towers, short shocks) is it because its modded or its a hotboddies.I think it would be a diffrent story if it some other buggy ( ae,losi,mugen,kyohoso,xray etc won.Let ty enjoy his win because he was the best on that night
Old 02-29-2012, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Wow..... you guys are trying to argue a point to people who obvious don't race on a regular basis or some most likely don't race at all (BASHERS). That's why they don't understand the evolution of any race kit.

Heres the facts: Ty won, he used the best parts and setup possible for him to go fast and to win against 500+ people who was trying to do the same thing and for the people who do not understand why he put other than stock parts on his car " just keep leaning out your TMaxx or Redcat and have fun". And for the true racers, lets sit back and enjoy 2012 because I believe there will be a lot of new/updated kits released this year.

I think people are using this tread to get their post count up...
Old 02-29-2012, 09:54 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by offroad dude
Wow..... you guys are trying to argue a point to people who obvious don't race on a regular basis or some most likely don't race at all (BASHERS). That's why they don't understand the evolution of any race kit.

Heres the facts: Ty won, he used the best parts and setup possible for him to go fast and to win against 500+ people who was trying to do the same thing and for the people who do not understand why he put other than stock parts on his car " just keep leaning out your TMaxx or Redcat and have fun". And for the true racers, lets sit back and enjoy 2012 because I believe there will be a lot of new/updated kits released this year.

I think people are using this tread to get their post count up...
+1, lets close this thread and let TY enjoy his WIN! or should i say WINS
Old 02-29-2012, 11:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

I read most of the post the original post was specific to branding not the driver. If you rep a product with commercial sales via marketing your dealing with a public view. If you say I won with a D8 it should comparable to whats being offering or state the difference.

Reading and viewing the 411 it was very apparent he was running a modified kit this clearly tells the consumer its been modified from original . You cannot take his win away he won by driving using a modded kit.

I personally feel their should be rules applied to keep things consistent then you rely on a driver even more. You cannot say kit performance doesn't win races I often here "he could have won with a tonka toy" which is a stupid comment. If you watch all the high level races every possible edge matters your dealing with seconds per lap per driver it matters.

Last edited by bigjayjay1; 02-29-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 06:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Save your strength.........................I'll cry for you.

Post count! LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.