OFNA NEXX8T ??

Old 02-26-2012, 06:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Default OFNA NEXX8T ??

I have been out of the hobby for a while and just got back on with a brushless sc. I have decided to get a Nitro Truggy and do not know what way to go. I only have about 550.00 to spend and would like rtr or artr.

Has anybody ran the ofna NEXX8T? or does anyone have a suggestion on what would be in my price range?

I plan on doing some local club racing and bashing with the kids.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 02-27-2012, 01:30 AM
Tech Elite

Wrong section? It is al about nitro here.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MrUnlimited
Wrong section? It is al about nitro here.
I believe he is indeed asking for suggestions on a Nitro version Truugy...
Anyway I don't know or really care too much about OFNA in general but at my local track many racers absolutely love the Hot Bodies D8 Truggy. I believe the roller can be purchased for under $400.00 which to me is a great deal. Not sure if it is available in a RTR kit though but again...many racers especially ones on a budget at my track reccommend this Truggy. I have seen this kit win many races. Now you would still need an engine...servos...etc. but still a roller for under $400.00 that performs as decent as I have seen is a pretty sweet deal to me.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:07 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Engine-Type-1

If I was after an RTR.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:38 AM
Tech Champion

If I were going to get an RTR truggy other than the Losi, I would really consider this Ofna NEXX8T. It's basically a Hong Nor CRT X2 RTR with some silly oversized engine..

I would be a bit leery of the Kyosho holding up to much punishment.. Also parts availability..
Old 02-27-2012, 03:45 AM
Suspended

Kyosho RTR's are solid as. I am not a racer & flogged the living hell out of an 7.5 Inferno buggy til I only just built a MP9. If parts availability is a problem I'll agree, don't go the K car, but for an RTR, they "rarely" let me down.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:55 AM
Tech Champion

I had a 1/10 Kyosho FW-05T onroader, and it really was a great, solid little car. Lasted forever and survived way more than it should have.. So yes, Kyosho does make good RTR's.. (their 1/10th MT looked pretty flimsy up close though..)

I was just going on the other thread about the Kyosho truggy, having for ex flimsy shock towers, and then the obvious crappy RTR stuff like servos...
Old 02-27-2012, 04:03 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
I had a 1/10 Kyosho FW-05T onroader, and it really was a great, solid little car. Lasted forever and survived way more than it should have.. So yes, Kyosho does make good RTR's.. (their 1/10th MT looked pretty flimsy up close though..)

I was just going on the other thread about the Kyosho truggy, having for ex flimsy shock towers, and then the obvious crappy RTR stuff like servos...
Yeah the servo's are crap & will last no time. That I do agree with, but for an RTR. Depends how hard you drive it.

Front lower suspension arms break no matter what car.

Just my non-biased opinion of course.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kyosho Nutter
I can't believe I did not think about suggesting this one. That is one sweet deal and also it is a Kyosho. I'm sure you could always upgrade certain parts in the future if you ever have the desire to do so.
With Kyosho trust me durability is way up there...this, and just the fact that they perform so amazing is why I only stick with Kyosho.
I'm sure others will have other suggestions just make sure to read up and watch some YouTube videos before purchasing...having good knowledge on a specific kit is a great advantage to have.
Also...nothing against buying RTR's I understand not everyone is like me who has to know how everything works (and I do enjoy building them as well) but when you have to build a whole kit you really learn so much about the whole mechanics of the buggy/truggy.
Either way whatever decision you make...I'm sure you will enjoy riding a truggy.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:06 PM
Tech Initiate

WOW, Thanks for all the responses. I know RTR is not the best way to go but in my situation It works for me. I never even thought about Kyosho. I will check that out.

Again thanks guys!!!!