Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help identifying a OFNA buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Help identifying a OFNA buggy

I recently got this ofna buggy from a friend for next to nothing. All it needed was a glow plug and some cleaning as it hadnt been ran in a few years. I cleaned it all up and got it running good and started looking for a few upgrades for it and realized I had no idea what exactly it is. So can anyone help me identify it? Also is it a good buggy for back yard/dirt fun? I dont plan on racing anytime soon just want to know if I need to worry about things constantly breaking.

Thanks for all replies
Attached Thumbnails Help identifying a OFNA buggy-img_0898.jpg   Help identifying a OFNA buggy-img_0899.jpg  
Old 02-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Looks like an Ofna LX1 to me.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

I think it's the old Ultra GT LX or something like that. There have been so many model names for this buggy that it's hard to pinpoint the exact one, but that's roughly the right name... I think. ;o)
Old 02-22-2012, 06:26 PM
Tech Addict

Yes , there were some many slight variation of that model...early to mid 90s, I still have a hongnor Ultra GT1 and GT2, they are about 500 grams heavier than todays buggys and no were near as strong...doubt they could handle the modern tracks with big jumps but should still be fun as a basher.