Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Losi 8 deal?  assistance >

Losi 8 deal? assistance

Losi 8 deal? assistance

Reply

Old 02-22-2012, 08:16 AM
  #1  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Bansh88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 265
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Losi 8 deal? assistance

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/tag/2864185974.html

What can you guys tell me about this from the pics? What all would it need? Just servos, receiver and..?
Decent deal?
Bansh88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:27 AM
  #2  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (17)
 
honda237's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 555
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Pipe, wing mount and wing, body. Maybe new tires.
That's all that I see.
Price, its pretty good if the engine runs. I would ask for a picture of the bottom of the chassis and Also, 1.0 or 2.0.
honda237 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:31 AM
  #3  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Bansh88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 265
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Would it need a specific starter box? I have an old OFNA one now
Bansh88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 09:34 AM
  #4  
Suspended
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 416
Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bansh88 View Post
Would it need a specific starter box? I have an old OFNA one now
that box will work fine, depending on what size flywheel is on it, need a 34mm flywheel to use with that box. you will be able to tell if the guy sends you a good picture of bottom chassis, is a good price, looks like a 2.0 from what i can see, cant really see the radio box to good. i would ask him for clearer pictures.
D-MAIN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:00 AM
  #5  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 2,462
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by D-MAIN View Post
that box will work fine, depending on what size flywheel is on it, need a 34mm flywheel to use with that box. you will be able to tell if the guy sends you a good picture of bottom chassis, is a good price, looks like a 2.0 from what i can see, cant really see the radio box to good. i would ask him for clearer pictures.
Do you even have a 2.0 truggy? The chassis is definitely not the 2.0 RTR or race roller chassis. The wheelbase is way too short.

I wouldnt consider that to be a deal. Just because an engine has 1 gallon on it does not mean it's in good shape.
071crazy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:03 AM
  #6  
Suspended
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 416
Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 071crazy View Post
Do you have a 2.0 truggy? The chassis is definitely not the 2.0 RTR or race roller chassis. The wheelbase is way too short.

I wouldnt consider that to be a deal. Just because an engine has 1 gallon on it does not mean it's in good shape.
your correct, i use to have a few of them, it must be a hopped up 1.0 then. still a pretty good deal, i blew it up a little and also has the 1.0 radio tray
D-MAIN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:08 AM
  #7  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Bansh88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 265
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

This would be my first Truggy and Losi. I happen to have a few extra parts like pipe and servos so it seems like it would work out good for me. I don't mind projects to end up with a quality product.
That's how I built my last AR.
Bansh88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:09 AM
  #8  
Suspended
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 416
Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bansh88 View Post
This would be my first Truggy and Losi. I happen to have a few extra parts like pipe and servos so it seems like it would work out good for me. I don't mind projects to end up with a quality product.
That's how I built my last AR.
would not hurt to throw him a offer.
D-MAIN is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 10:23 AM
  #9  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Bansh88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 265
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

He responded to a quick email. Waiting for a reply to see when and where he's available. Asked him the 2.0 question and for a pic of underside too.
Bansh88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:58 PM
  #10  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Bansh88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 265
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

He says it's the 1.0
Bansh88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:34 PM
  #11  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 31
Default

Looks like the TLR tuned flex chassis.

Servos, exhaust, wing etc...the chassis runs almost 100 bucks if it is the tuned flex. 150 is not a bad deal on it as you can buy oem parts from stripped down RTR's on ebay for dirt cheap.
PlatinumJoe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:30 PM
  #12  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (86)
 
bigjayjay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 5,605
Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)
Default

Looks to be a 8ight t 1.0 version seems to be in good condition motor would be worth 80-90 bucks on the street.
bigjayjay1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 02:49 PM
  #13  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: at the track
Posts: 857
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
Looks to be a 8ight t 1.0 version seems to be in good condition motor would be worth 80-90 bucks on the street.
more than 80-90 bucks for sure..
You have a good deal (base on the motor is still in good working order) if you have parts already. The body and wing and the hardware are not cheap.

I dont think that is a tune flex chassis.
xxx123 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 03:05 PM
  #14  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Bansh88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: San Diego
Posts: 265
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Gonna go get it tonight. Talked to him on the phone. Sounds like a cool dude. Said he bought a new 2.0 for racing. He bought this new back when the 2.0's first came out.
Bansh88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:48 PM
  #15  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: at the track
Posts: 857
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

any updated OP?
xxx123 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service