Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho MP777 sp2 resurrection

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Kyosho MP777 sp2 resurrection

I picked up this SP2 on ebay about a year ago. It was advertised as a race roller. In the past I had a Kyosho Burns and a Burns DX. At the time the 777 cam out I really could not afford it. So I thought I could puck up a car used for a cheap price. I paid $180. I had radio stuff and an enginf from my old DX. The guy listed the buggy as good to excelent condition. It looked good on ebay. When I got the buggy it was just thrown in a box with screws falling out. The wheels had holes and the rims were no good. There was also alot of internal wear too. All the little replacemtn stuff adds up. I coul have just bought a brand new kit maybe an MP9 by now. But I was deep into it. Besides I like to tinker and tune. I got it together and it worked great, especially when I put the big bore shocks on. I've been picking up alot of hop-ups for it cheap. I love the bling factor and I want to max out the performance of the car. I'm no racer but I thought taking it to the local track would be cool. Anyway here is the car and some pics. Let me know what you guys think and if you have any input as far as using the Fioroni diffs. One is a on way and the 3 center diff all have different gears. I will be making a chart to see what canter diff fits me best. BTW: I did the body up. I thought it was a cool theme.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho MP777 sp2 resurrection-punisher-left.jpg   Kyosho MP777 sp2 resurrection-punisher-right.jpg   Kyosho MP777 sp2 resurrection-mp777-center.jpg   Kyosho MP777 sp2 resurrection-kfactory-rear-shock-stay.jpg   Kyosho MP777 sp2 resurrection-front-shock-stay.jpg  

Old 02-06-2011, 02:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Here are the Fironi diffs. There is not too much info on these on the net. I sent an e-mail to Fironi for a parts list an setup information and they sent me care and maint sheet.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho MP777 sp2 resurrection-fioroni-mp777-difs.jpg  
Old 02-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Those Fioroni diffs used to be pretty expensive. Don't think too many people bought them because of that reason...probably also the reason theres not too much info on them on the net.

Nice looking sp2 btw
Old 02-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Tech Rookie

After I did some research on the Fioroni diffs I came to the same conclusion.... I got all of them for $150. Which I thought was ok. If anything they have the "I think I'm going fast" bling factor.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah, those Fioroni diffs are high quality stuff.
If i remember correct they used to be 150 USD a piece at least...possibly even more expensive
Old 02-07-2011, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Ambros303
Yeah, those Fioroni diffs are high quality stuff.
If i remember correct they used to be 150 USD a piece at least...possibly even more expensive
The fioroni MBX6 diffs are $180 a piece

Very nice 777.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Tech Rookie

I made these axle guards. I am painting another body and used some of the edge that you cut off the body. I screwed on a big peice and just trimmed them using a dremel.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho MP777 sp2 resurrection-guards.jpg  
Old 12-28-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Nice mp7..What body is that?
Old 12-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

I had in the past lots of fioroni stuff on my MP777 buggy. Very nice stuff, I specially liked the clutch for my engine.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Still running mine, WC version though

Great car. IMO THE toughest car build. End of.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I saw in the MP9 thread a listing of the running changes between all the 7 series Kyosho cars. Do any of you guys know where I can find something like this?
Old 02-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Cog

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by likeaboss
I saw in the MP9 thread a listing of the running changes between all the 7 series Kyosho cars. Do any of you guys know where I can find something like this?
I have a brand new MP 777 SP2 with all optional WC parts I am going to sell if you are interested. I purchased it brand new about oh, forget, 4-5 years ago and never completely put it together. Have the box it came in with I believe, have to look but do have every part and screw with directions that came with the kit.