THE JQ Products VideoSetUp Thread >

THE JQ Products VideoSetUp Thread

THE JQ Products VideoSetUp Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 12:49 PM
JQ
Tech Master

Arrow THE JQ Products VideoSetUp Thread

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Same video on our vimeo channel:
http://vimeo.com/36955752

Since we started JQProducts, we have been revolutionary in many ways and we want to keep that up.

This time we will change the concept of technical support, offering it worldwide, customized and free, for all JQ Products clients through the internet. Many times racers can get lost with so many setup sheets to try and so many settings to change.

Even if you find a setup sheet that makes your car good for a track, maybe that setup doesn't fit your driving style. That's why we offer the "Send us a video and we set your car up" service, to make setups fully customized to the driver requesting it. This service will be to help you set up your cars, and tune your engines.

WHO CAN USE IT?

Do you drive THECar or THE Engine? Then you are welcome. We will set THECar up for you and help you tune THE Engine if needed.

HOW TO USE IT FOR CAR'S SETUP?

Very simple, just film a video with two or three laps of YOU driving YOUR car, upload it to youtube or vimeo and then post it in this thread.
Here you have a sample of what we want to see:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Then we need the setup sheet you are using in the video, including, clutch, tires, oils and brand, everything. Make sure you fill it well. You can upload it as PDF or JPG here on rctech, when you post your video.

Find the blank set up sheet here:

http://jq-products.com/the-advice/set-up-page

And finally tell us what you need to change on your car, for example: "My car oversteers, like at 1:13 in the video / My car bounces too much as seen at 0:45 in the video"

HOW TO USE IT FOR ENGINE TUNING?

We need a video to tune your engine properly, so please, film a video following these steps:

1. Start your engine and let it warm up to about 100ºC. Best is to drive it for a few laps. Then let it idle for a five seconds.
2. Press full throttle till the engine reaches 50% of its rpm. Stop accelerating.
3. When the engine returns again to its normal idle accelerate again to the maximum rpm for 1 or 2 seconds. If you don't accelerate completely, we won't be able to help you right.
4. Then let the engine idle for 15 seconds, and punch the throttle all the way, and keep full throttle for 2 seconds.
5. Repeat the process one more time.

That's all, lets begin! Let's all help each other improve our cars and engines!
Old 02-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This is awesome. Way to step up the game once again JQ. I may have to contribute for some setup feedback whenever I get the chance.
Old 02-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Tech Champion

This is the reason why I love JQ products: drivers are part of the game! I'm not a pro driver but I really appreciate the effort you guys put for your clients, it should be an example for all other brands. JQ is not only a car, it's a service. I've learned so much since I read your site & look at your vids so many thanks for that!

Is this service for nitro guys only or could I post a vid of my electric converted JQ too?
Old 02-17-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Exclamation

Hyvää työtä JQ
Old 02-17-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

wow thats a great idea we need more threads like this for all brands of rc buggys, truggys and motors.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

This makes me want to buy THECar and THE Engine. Wow... much respect my friend!
Old 02-17-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kopanas View Post
This makes me want to buy THECar and THE Engine. Wow... much respect my friend!
yep... this is exactly what 99% of other companies lack.. online support, which seems very popular these days, well done JQ on a very cleaver idea.
Old 02-18-2012, 02:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pulse_ View Post
This is the reason why I love JQ products: drivers are part of the game! I'm not a pro driver but I really appreciate the effort you guys put for your clients, it should be an example for all other brands. JQ is not only a car, it's a service. I've learned so much since I read your site & look at your vids so many thanks for that!

Is this service for nitro guys only or could I post a vid of my electric converted JQ too?

This is for everyone that uses THE car,even electric..
Old 02-18-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Champion

Great!

ASTRO

+ YouTube Video

The setup is the astro setup on your site:
http://jq-products.com/jqpdf/THECar-...heet-Astro.pdf

I just have 15000 oil in the front instead of 12500

35wt all around in the shocks

Tires: schumacher mini pins yellow in the front with 2 rows cutted each side, 1 row in the back, AKA inserts, Kyosho MP9 wheels.

I don't have much to say about it, it's almost perfect for my taste

CLAY

+ YouTube Video

Stock set up

- toe in plate flipped upside down, nr 1 insert, hole down in the antisquat plate
- 5-7-2 diff oils
- 35wt all around
- ballast weights in the rear

Tires: AKA Impact medium compound, AKA inserts

Problems: the rear was bouncing and I had a lack of steering in the corner entry (long ackermann plate)

Note: This were both my first time driving the car on each surface, so I went from a standard setup

Last edited by Pulse_; 02-18-2012 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello everybody,

I introduce myself as this is my very first post in RCTech. My name's Miguel Zambrana and, as mentioned some time ago in our official website, I will be the person in charge of marketing and social networks that means videos, photos, internet and stuff like that. So I will also be here in the forum to help as much as possible. Please, feel free to ask us anything you need as we are here to show we have THETechnical service our clients deserve.

Is good to see you are sending videos already . Joe is the setups man, so he will be noticed of all the videos uploaded here to be replied asap. THEEngine's tuning service is something I can help you with, so I will try those videos to be faster replied.

Thanks for your attention and interest, I know all of us can turn this service into a great advantage for all JQProducts clients.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:42 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks to you and all the team . I was reading your presentation last day, wish you all the best for the future
Old 02-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by THENetworker View Post
Hello everybody,

I introduce myself as this is my very first post in RCTech. My name's Miguel Zambrana and, as mentioned some time ago in our official website, I will be the person in charge of marketing and social networks that means videos, photos, internet and stuff like that. So I will also be here in the forum to help as much as possible. Please, feel free to ask us anything you need as we are here to show we have THETechnical service our clients deserve.

Is good to see you are sending videos already . Joe is the setups man, so he will be noticed of all the videos uploaded here to be replied asap. THEEngine's tuning service is something I can help you with, so I will try those videos to be faster replied.

Thanks for your attention and interest, I know all of us can turn this service into a great advantage for all JQProducts clients.
I was wondering when would you show up around here...I still think THEZambrana would've been better though

PS: Keep up the good work
Old 02-19-2012, 09:31 AM
JQ
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Pulse_ View Post
Great!

ASTRO

+ YouTube Video

The setup is the astro setup on your site:
http://jq-products.com/jqpdf/THECar-...heet-Astro.pdf

I just have 15000 oil in the front instead of 12500

35wt all around in the shocks

Tires: schumacher mini pins yellow in the front with 2 rows cutted each side, 1 row in the back, AKA inserts, Kyosho MP9 wheels.

I don't have much to say about it, it's almost perfect for my taste

CLAY

+ YouTube Video

Stock set up

- toe in plate flipped upside down, nr 1 insert, hole down in the antisquat plate
- 5-7-2 diff oils
- 35wt all around
- ballast weights in the rear

Tires: AKA Impact medium compound, AKA inserts

Problems: the rear was bouncing and I had a lack of steering in the corner entry (long ackermann plate)

Note: This were both my first time driving the car on each surface, so I went from a standard setup
ASTRO: try these three things, first point should definitely be better, other 2, hopefully.

1. Raise the front arm on the inside, F-F nr 1 hole up, F-R 0 insert.
2. Try less antisquat
3. Try rear hub in hole 2 on arm, and hole 2 on hub. so middle on arm, lower on hub.

DIRT:

1. Raise the rear shocks one hole up on the tower.
2. Medium ackermann plate for more steering on entry.
3. Give the Chris Marrale Summer setup a try.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:46 AM
Tech Rookie

After testing Joe's tips, don't forget about posting your results here so everyone can learn from them and if you post them with a new video...would be great!

Old 03-01-2012, 02:42 AM
JQ
Tech Master

Don't forget about this thread, I know it takes time to film videos and post set up sheets, just wanted to bump this up so more people see it, before we get more videos in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.