Wiki Posts
Search

NEW AGAMA A8 TRUGGY

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
will that rear tower mount to the buggy??
Originally Posted by Hobby Pro USA
The chassis, arms, towers, and CVD's are done. The rest is from the buggy, so nearly everything will be interchangeable. The Agama A8T looks sick! I can't wait to get mine. The Agama buggy already has truggy gearing, so it is a proven ring&pinion. This will definately be a top contender in the truggy class with no know issue like many truggys have. And if it steers like the buggy - watch out.

just going by this... it may just fit... hopefully we can get feed back or even better someone may have it on already.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Good to hear the truggy is working good.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by go4broke
just going by this... it may just fit... hopefully we can get feed back or even better someone may have it on already.
Gene said it would fit. The diff cases are the same. I am assuming the only mod would be you may have to drill a hole for the rear body mount.

I've been running my own geometry rear tower for a while. I am hoping the truggy tower gets the buggy close to what I've been running.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rsickles
Gene said it would fit. The diff cases are the same. I am assuming the only mod would be you may have to drill a hole for the rear body mount.

I've been running my own geometry rear tower for a while. I am hoping the truggy tower gets the buggy close to what I've been running.
any pics of your tower? i Drew one up today that me and a buddy r going to have cut.....what did u notice from the geometry change?
Old 05-08-2012, 04:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Rsickles

Thanks for the info... but im looking at pictures of the rear tower and man i wont feel comfortable drill it due to the amount of space. can you give us details/pictures of your rear tower?

Thanks
Old 05-08-2012, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

any pics of your tower? i Drew one up today that me and a buddy r going to have cut.....what did u notice from the geometry change?
Originally Posted by go4broke
Thanks for the info... but im looking at pictures of the rear tower and man i wont feel comfortable drill it due to the amount of space. can you give us details/pictures of your rear tower?

Thanks
First things first, I'm not running Agama shocks. I'm running Mugen shocks. I posted shock lengths in the buggy thread if you're interested.

As for the geometry I changed, relative to the existing mount options, mine are lower and wider.

Before spending the money on having towers cut, I made bolt-on aluminum plates. This way I could easily swap plates looking for the geometry I wanted and track test options with minimal work.

I will post pictures tomorrow of the testing plates I am using.

The immediate change over the stock tower is it increases dampening in the rear, helps the rear slide around, jumps better, makes the car feel more responsive, the car is much 'cleaner' coming out of corners, and on-power control is improved. The results are similar to what you'd expect with more inclined/stood-up shocks. Of course, the negative trade-offs are present as well with running a setup like this.

I am going to wait on the truggy release and test/measure the truggy tower on the buggy before letting a machinist go to town on this shock tower. If there's significant difference between the two to warrant the effort, then I'll think about selling them at machining price if people want 'em.
Attached Thumbnails NEW AGAMA A8 TRUGGY-tower1.jpg   NEW AGAMA A8 TRUGGY-tower2.jpg  
Old 05-09-2012, 08:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Bolt on plates! That's awesome!
Old 05-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Basically they are aluminum stock that bolt onto the tower (except for an additional hole), and have a shim between them and shock standoff to space the mount correctly back on the same plane.

If you have the right tools and ability to be precise, they are super easy to make, as crude and ugly as they look.

As I said before, they are easy to mock-up different mounts and swap them around for testing purposes.

And back to truggy discussion....
Attached Thumbnails NEW AGAMA A8 TRUGGY-tab1.jpg   NEW AGAMA A8 TRUGGY-tab2.jpg  
Old 05-15-2012, 05:32 PM
Tech Regular

Couldn't wait for the real thing so I made my own. It works well. I bet the real one will be better though.

Old 05-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

Default Items Needed

Its been a while since i last bought or ran nitro so i need an entires etup. I am trying to purchse items now for this truggy so that my bill wont hit my wifeys radar items i have...
BNIB Bullit 218 (thx Neesh)... check
pipe still looking
ST & TH servos w/ horns...check
bump start...check
batterries... still looking (to Lipo or not???)
rx... check
glow igniter... check

other than fuel, extra glow plugs, and parts... what else is needed? I cant remember if kits come with clutch assembly or not. I was debating about a 4 shoe clutch system.
Old 05-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Radio, wheels, tires. 4-way wheel wrench, spare wheel nuts.
Old 05-21-2012, 04:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Qlder
Couldn't wait for the real thing so I made my own. It works well. I bet the real one will be better though.

awesome work brad looks good
Old 05-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrbusta
awesome work brad looks good
is that a losi rear tower? and if it is did it mount right up? that may b the geometry i'm looking for
Old 05-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Tech Master

is that a losi rear tower? and if it is did it mount right up? that may b the geometry i'm looking for
Losi rear tower doesn't match up at all on Agama diff case.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:59 PM
Tech Regular

Shock towers are made from 5mm carbon fiber. Geometry is same angles as Losi 8T but suited to Agama Shock length.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.