Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Just a quick shout out... >

Just a quick shout out...

Just a quick shout out...

Old 01-31-2012, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Just a quick shout out...

I'm not a sponsored racer, I'm not an aspiring driver trying to make it as a pro. I'm just a guy who likes to race rc. Many of us, for various reasons, promote or speak about products we like, products we use and products we've invested our hard earn money in.

But I want to say thank you to two people. Alan Burton of the Speed Shop in Birmingham, Alabama and Neal Smith of Clockwork racing engines.

I've met Alan a few times and he is a nice guy who helped me fix a problem. He didn't have to take the time out of his day, but he did and it helped me quite a bit. I think it says a lot about his character. Thanks Alan, I owe you one.

Neal Smith also has been extremely helpful and patient with my incessant phone calls and questions. Neal, you're a great guy and build one hell of an engine. You are also top notch and if you didn't live so far a way I'd buy you a cold beer.

Anyway, I just thought it important to say thank you to two guys who set great examples in our hobby.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GSMike View Post
I'm not a sponsored racer, I'm not an aspiring driver trying to make it as a pro. I'm just a guy who likes to race rc. Many of us, for various reasons, promote or speak about products we like, products we use and products we've invested our hard earn money in.

But I want to say thank you to two people. Alan Burton of the Speed Shop in Birmingham, Alabama and Neal Smith of Clockwork racing engines.

Neal Smith also has been extremely helpful and patient with my incessant phone calls and questions. Neal, you're a great guy and build one hell of an engine. You are also top notch and if you didn't live so far a way I'd buy you a cold beer.

Anyway, I just thought it important to say thank you to two guys who set great examples in our hobby.
Neal has been very helpful with me too, he really know his stuff
!
Old 02-01-2012, 05:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GSMike View Post

I've met Alan a few times and he is a nice guy who helped me fix a problem. He didn't have to take the time out of his day, but he did and it helped me quite a bit. I think it says a lot about his character. Thanks Alan, I owe you one.

That is awesome to hear my friend ! I think you will enjoy that engine....I am definitely happy to hear Allan was able to dial it in so easily for you.... Especially impressed to hear he well aware of possible setup differences with the modified engine, and by what you tell me took his time dialing it in....which I definitely like to hear ! ..........
Old 02-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Top notch customer service from Clockwork!
Old 02-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Yup Neil takes to all his customer this guy doesn't sleep he's not human he's a Cyborg with special engines powers- no on a serious note he will walk a customer through the whole process or make sure your engine is right if its not up to par he will make it right that's why he has some nice stars his engines perform and his customer state so
Old 02-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks Mike! I'm glad you are now in the area to race with us!

The engine was sure nice!
Old 02-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1 View Post
Yup Neil takes to all his customer this guy doesn't sleep he's not human he's a Cyborg with special engines powers- no on a serious note he will walk a customer through the whole process or make sure your engine is right if its not up to par he will make it right that's why he has some nice stars his engines perform and his customer state so
LOL ! I am just lucky to be able to be soo busy doing something that I love doing ! Thank you for the kind words !