1/8 wings

Old 04-10-2012, 06:56 AM
Hobby Pro USA

The VP-Pro wings are the most durable wings I have ever used. Have never had one crack and been using them for over 3 years now. They have 3 different styles to choose from.

Old 04-11-2012, 02:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Lots of good wings to pick from out there,

Some work better than others and some last longer than others. Of course if you're always landing on your wing, it's probably not going to last long. If you never crash, even a weak wing can last. Just depends.

The JC high down force can take a pretty good beating and gets the job done. Not sure if it's the best functional wing out there.

The Losi 8 wings seem to work really well, but I had some that lasted and some that broke on the first crash. Not sure if they had a run of different plastics or not.

The new Up-Grade wing looks good and seem pretty durable. Now that they have the Fluro Yellow, I'll probably try one.

The JQ wing has a very unique look that I like. Don't know if it's good, but many people say they work well.

THe MP9 wings seem to be pretty durable and seem to work well. Just started using those to try a different wing.

There's plenty to choose from out there
Old 06-04-2012, 06:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fluke
I highly recommend jconcepts. it's in a 1-piece design so doesn't warp over time. strongest wing i've seen
I warped (actually bent) mine in the first 20 minutes of using it at the track. I even tried heating it with a flame to straighten it back out. No dice.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:30 AM
Tech Champion

The XB9 wing is a direct fit to the 808. It's alot like the Losi wing and you can feel it's prescence more than the old 808 wing. Keep it low and forward.
Old 06-05-2012, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

If your bending and braking wings, slow down and stop crashing. I have bent broke pretty much every wing on the market.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

X2 on Racers Edge wing. Cheap, durable, looks good too. Goin on two years with no cracks or bending. You will destroy the rear end of your car before you damage one of these.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The most importing thing to remember about a wing is what it does to the handling of your car, they can have a dramatic change in the handling of your car depending on which brand you chose. If you want a high down force wing that causes lots of rear bite go with the Pro-Line wing, if your on a track where you dint need as much rear bite use the MP9 wing. You can use them as a tuning tool.