Community
Wiki Posts
Search

steering problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Default steering problems

I just put a new servo in my nitro truggy, and I ran it for the first time today, but I didn't run it long because the steering was acting funny. I could turn the truggy to the right and it would turn just fine, but when I turned it to the left and gave it some gas the steering would straighten up and the truggy wouldn't turn unless you let off the gas. What could be the problem with my truggy?
Old 01-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rc boy868
I just put a new servo in my nitro truggy, and I ran it for the first time today, but I didn't run it long because the steering was acting funny. I could turn the truggy to the right and it would turn just fine, but when I turned it to the left and gave it some gas the steering would straighten up and the truggy wouldn't turn unless you let off the gas. What could be the problem with my truggy?
First and most simple thing to check is your servo saver. It may have loosened off. Check your steering with the wheels off the ground. Now compare that with how far the steering moves when you lay your truggy on the ground. If they don't move as far, chances are the servo saver has backed off and it needs to be tightened.

If you tighten the servo saver and the steering is still poor, take apart the servo saver post and check the bearings. Also inspect your steering linkages to make sure they aren't binding or getting caught by something as they move.
Old 01-27-2012, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

did ya CENTER the servo before installing the servo horn..?? did ya set the steering trim/subtrim's , on the radio, at their mid points, as well...??...these are a few of the things that can get ya.....also, make super sure that the servo horn that your using in spline compatable with the servo.......