Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 02:50 PM
Tech Master

Default Kyosho?????

Just curious as to why the Kyosho 1/8 Truggy, Inferno ST-RR EVO Kit is so much more exspensive than all of the other truggy kits out there? But yet I really don't see anyone with them. I see serpents, associateds, losi's, hb's. Just curious????
Old 01-24-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GrimReminder
Just curious as to why the Kyosho 1/8 Truggy, Inferno ST-RR EVO Kit is so much more exspensive than all of the other truggy kits out there? But yet I really don't see anyone with them. I see serpents, associateds, losi's, hb's. Just curious????
That is alot of the reason you dont see many where you are because the price. It is a good truck but the price scares many people away.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Because you DO NOT HAVE to buy any hop ups, it all comes in the box.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RAlmeida
Yep... same with the mp9 tki2. saves you buying all the hop up etc later on... plus the kyosho cars Wear very slowly.
Old 01-24-2012, 04:25 PM
Tech Adept

The reason they are so expensive is because of manufacturing costs and exchange rates. While many companies choose to subsidize the cost of kits to increase popularity Kyosho relies more on reputation and team drivers like King and Tebo instead of discounts. Its really similar to BMW vs Honda in 1:1 cars... BMW doesn't discount cars (not in subsidization any ways), the price is the price and you are going to pay import fees if you don't like it go buy a Honda. Honda on the other hand subsidizes the cost of their cars so no-one else up until recently gave you more car for your money. You want a full sized car with heated leather seats and a 6CD changer and premium speakers? An Accord with all that will set you back ~$30k whereas the same BMW will cost ~$40-60k.

Honestly it must have something to do with the very american way of thinking that if it costs more it must be better right? :P

That said my opinion on K is that they sure drive nice but when they break its usually a what the hell happened out there... Snapping drive lines and exploding spur gears come to mind recently...
Old 01-24-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

But the BMW will out handle the Honda, there is more to it than brand name....
Old 01-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by ghost68
The reason they are so expensive is because of manufacturing costs and exchange rates. While many companies choose to subsidize the cost of kits to increase popularity Kyosho relies more on reputation and team drivers like King and Tebo instead of discounts. Its really similar to BMW vs Honda in 1:1 cars... BMW doesn't discount cars (not in subsidization any ways), the price is the price and you are going to pay import fees if you don't like it go buy a Honda. Honda on the other hand subsidizes the cost of their cars so no-one else up until recently gave you more car for your money. You want a full sized car with heated leather seats and a 6CD changer and premium speakers? An Accord with all that will set you back ~$30k whereas the same BMW will cost ~$40-60k.

Honestly it must have something to do with the very american way of thinking that if it costs more it must be better right? :P

That said my opinion on K is that they sure drive nice but when they break its usually a what the hell happened out there... Snapping drive lines and exploding spur gears come to mind recently...
How's that Hyper treating you
Old 01-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

And hondas are made in ohio.
But doesnt the truggy and buggy need steering blocks?
Old 01-24-2012, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

But the BMW will out handle the Honda, there is more to it than brand name....
Without turning this into a 1:1 argument (I think this applies to both)
The question is does it handle twice the price better? And if it does (which is entirely opinion) does it really make a difference to your average Joe?
Old 01-24-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by t8rtot
How's that Hyper treating you

I <3 my Star... It fits ME perfectly...
Old 01-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

it comes with the upgrades etc that you would of bought anyway... plus why have so many drivers switched to kyosho even when they wernt sponserd by them?

plus i would also like to say that when i ran kyosho it took forever to wear out... the diffs in the mp9 are perfect and can be run loose without stripping.

Japan quality... same goes for the O.S Speed.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:07 PM
Tech Prophet

Call me crazy but there is 1/8 scales that come with the needed hop ups that are way less than a Kyosho truggy or buggy and there tuff and wear descent and the drivetrain barely wears intill later on into a race season.

This is my opinion but i think Kyoshos are to overpriced and there has to weak spots on it every truck or buggy has one so when you break something it will cost you for sure on a Kyosho.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

8 time WC, coincidence? i don't think so.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Really

No hop ups? It still has plastic suspension mounts, pot metal steering knuckles , plastic rear hubs and e clip suspension pins. Not saying it doesn't handle amazing but don't force the Kool Aid on everyone. Great truck, not worth that much jack IMO when the MP9 at least gives you decent hubs and knuckles for not much more.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:25 PM
Tech Prophet

8 time WC, coincidence? i don't think so.

Its the driver man not the car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.