Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
running pro and sportsman??? >

running pro and sportsman???

running pro and sportsman???

Old 01-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what really gets me its guys running pro in so many local and some other races but when comes to a big race like Futaba Challenge they running open class I dont care if is sandbagging or not i just wish people grow some and stick to one classs either u are a pro , open , expert or sportsman stick with one and dont be a cheater thats all i ask as for me i have allways ran open im not sponsor and if I ever do that I will run pro

NO RESPECT FOR THOSE GUYS
Old 01-23-2012, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ohiofordfan
it was brought up to the directors by more than one driver. answer was "he is totally not sponsored and can run sportsman if he chooses to".
yes i agree he can run sportsman but not both pro and sportsman.. jeremy
Old 01-23-2012, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

This guy turned 14 laps which is what everyone from the A to the C was turning except for jesse robbers who turned 15 laps in the qualifiers.I would think that anyone with any self respect would have took it upon thereselfs to pull out of the sportsman.Now come on its time to sh*t or get off the pot.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Yep, I raced with the guy and totally had no respect for his decision. When he won sportsman, you should have heard the yelling. LOL What pride this guy must have.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

One of the Sportsman Racers should would have walked off the drivers Stand and went to the race director and demanded there money back.

Thats what all the Sportsman guys should have done and told the Director way all the sportsman guys wonted there monay back. It would have took all the sportsman guys to get this done but when the director see he was about to Lose all the Sportsman guys over 1 guy he would have bumped him for sure.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Its BS is you ask me. Absurd, absolutely absurd....Race directors responsibility.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg B
Yep, I raced with the guy and totally had no respect for his decision. When he won sportsman, you should have heard the yelling. LOL What pride this guy must have.
OMG!!!!!!!!! This is so true!!!!!!!!! You would have thought that he just won the nats or something! And did you see him and the French guy mauling themselves and everyone they came up on? WOW!

I was told that out of respect the directors were not going to do anything about it since it was not written down in black and white, and that it was a moral issue with the driver if he wanted to act like that.

As far as sponsors are concerned I don't feel that should be the deciding factor if a driver is sportsman/pro to a point. I think all the companies deserve the right to have representation in all classes, thus the reason there are a lot of 50% deals out there, I mean come on its 50 off retail for the most part! I think it should be based on two things no 100 deals of any kind, and what the race director/s deem an appropriate time for that track for those classes.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

In the rule it clearly states that to run in the sportsman class you can not have in sponsors of any percentage.I think if your good enough for sponors then you should run in pro.Myself I would just feel like I wasnt representing my sponsors by running in the sportsman class.I mean come on that class was started for beginners anyway.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

I agree that the guy should have been removed from that class when qualified mid pack in Pro. I also want to know why nobody had the ballz to say anything to the guy at the race?? I mean if nobody said anything to him in person this thread is a waste of time honestly and is no more than a bunch of crying. Confront the guy and put him on the spot if you don't like whats going on, especially if the race director lets it fly. If enough of you guys at the race would have bagged on him and called him a sandbagger he probably would have pulled himself out of the race. Half of the problem is people always expect someone else to handle the dirty work, sometimes ya just gotta man up.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chris Peralta
I agree that the guy should have been removed from that class when qualified mid pack in Pro. I also want to know why nobody had the ballz to say anything to the guy at the race?? I mean if nobody said anything to him in person this thread is a waste of time honestly and is no more than a bunch of crying. Confront the guy and put him on the spot if you don't like whats going on, especially if the race director lets it fly. If enough of you guys at the race would have bagged on him and called him a sandbagger he probably would have pulled himself out of the race. Half of the problem is people always expect someone else to handle the dirty work, sometimes ya just gotta man up.
Starting a confrontation is not the way to handle it, and your suggestion would do just that. It was brought to the RD and people in charge attentions and they did what they did, I personally do not have a problem with it. Again it all falls back to the RD, and its a simple fix, police it or don't have the class!

I was a participant in the race in question and even though it is my opinion that all of this falls back on the RD I do feel like the CRCRC crew did a great job and I respect their decision on how to handle it, so I guess I'll just have to walk around without any balls since I didn't put the guy in his place.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I may be missing something but I am gonna go out on a limb and say the OPs real question wasn't in regards to wether or not the offender should run in what level/class. I think his question was more along the lines of should he have been allowed to compete in BOTH classes at the same event. Apparently the RDs allowed him to. IMO, EPIC FAILURE on their part. He should have been only allowed one or the other.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:06 AM
Tech Master

Why does it have to cause a confrontation? I didn't say push him to the ground and tell him he can't race sportsman. Is talking like an adult to another adult just totally out of the question these days? Everything has to be a confrontation?? If they guy would have taken it to that level then he probably could have been removed from the race all together and made life even easier!!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

I think that's some sucka stuff. I would have taken him out in every corner in the Sportsman class. That's not cool and I tell you, that crap would not fly at any of our big tracks.
Forget that "feel comfortable" nonsense. If you are pulling the same lap times as the top 5 or 6 in the pro class, You need to move up. Sportsman is suppose to be more for fun and when there is someone that is beating everyone by laps, that is not fun.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chris Peralta
Why does it have to cause a confrontation? I didn't say push him to the ground and tell him he can't race sportsman. Is talking like an adult to another adult just totally out of the question these days? Everything has to be a confrontation?? If they guy would have taken it to that level then he probably could have been removed from the race all together and made life even easier!!
If you could trust everyone to act like an adult I would agree with you!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Wow, that was a punk ass move.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.