Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Inferno Neo ST Race Spec??? Good practice/basher

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2012, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Neo ST Race Spec

I have been running on-road for decades and decided to try off-road. I got the Neo ST Race Spec and I am having a blast with this truggy!

I have about 30 tanks through it so far. All I have done to it is to change diff fluids and add 2 additional bevel gears to each diff so that they now have 4 gears in them. I put 7,000 in the front, 10,000 in the center and 1,000 in the rear. The new diff fluids + the bevel gears make it easier to drive fast.

The parts I added are;
if101 - Diff shafts
if102 - bevel gears
The total cost for these parts is under $20.

The engine is easy to start and I have enough power to handle the doubles on the track I run.

I have had some really huge wrecks and no parts have been broken which is pretty amazing.

Lee
Old 06-25-2012, 03:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just want to know, what evo parts can be install to this neo
Old 07-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Kyosho Neo Truggy

Originally Posted by Winner's Circle
I have been running on-road for decades and decided to try off-road. I got the Neo ST Race Spec and I am having a blast with this truggy!

I have about 30 tanks through it so far. All I have done to it is to change diff fluids and add 2 additional bevel gears to each diff so that they now have 4 gears in them. I put 7,000 in the front, 10,000 in the center and 1,000 in the rear. The new diff fluids + the bevel gears make it easier to drive fast.

The parts I added are;
if101 - Diff shafts
if102 - bevel gears
The total cost for these parts is under $20.

The engine is easy to start and I have enough power to handle the doubles on the track I run.

I have had some really huge wrecks and no parts have been broken which is pretty amazing.

Lee
Neo Truggy Update - I changed the rear toe-in from 2.5 to 3.0 and I really like it. Also, I just tried some AKA City Block super soft and they really hook-up.

Lee
Old 08-22-2012, 02:54 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by baretta
Just want to know, what evo parts can be install to this neo
chassis, chassis braces, shocks , shocks towers and probably alum hubs.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SteveP
Yes, the IGW008 Two Speed, which has the Evolva transmission, will fit the NEO ST Race Spec only, not the buggy. You are correct that the upcoming GT2 Race Spec will use the same chassis plate, so the tranny will fit, and yes, you will lose the center diff. Just be prepared for wheelies all around. Without the center diff to keep it settled down, the Neo ST Race Spec will lift the front end EASILY.
Bumping an old thread here but I'm about to buy one and want to do the 2 speed on it. Is that gear set the only thing I need? I found it for about $64 on amazon. Thanks!
Old 01-15-2016, 01:58 PM
Tech Rookie

I purchased the Inferno Neo a couple months ago. I absolutely love it when it starts... but then half the time it does not start. What is frustrating to me is I will be driving it around and the thing would be like a beast with no problem. What I don't understand is what stops it from starting the next day? You would expect it to start up right away and run just as it did previously but that is not the case, at least with me. I absolutely love the Inferno but the non starting is SO frustrating its enough for me to be done with it. Spent the last 3 days trying to start it lol. Sorry to bring back old thread!
Old 02-05-2017, 03:23 AM
Tech Initiate

Default St NEO 2 vs rtr losi 8ight t 4

Hi guys!can I ask your opinion about the newly released St NEO 2 and the rtr losi 8ight? Here in Europe there is a version of St with the PICCO .28engine. And I am between this and the losi rtr 8ight t with the dynamite.28 engine. My concern is DURABILITY first, reliability second. Any opinions?