Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
having trouble using Associated Starter box with RC8b >

having trouble using Associated Starter box with RC8b

having trouble using Associated Starter box with RC8b

Old 01-04-2012, 10:22 PM
  #1  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
tommytom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lockport, IL
Posts: 283
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default having trouble using Associated Starter box with RC8b

Hi Guys,

Last week I brought my Rc8b to Leisure Hours raceway for the first time to break the motor in. I couldn't get the rc8b to line up with the factory team universal starter box. It seems like the spring loaded plate is too thick for the donut to reach the fly wheel. Is anyone using the associated box with the rc8? If so is there a trick to get this to line up? I ended up using some random nice person's ofna box, but before dropping the cash on the new box I would like to see if can get the factory team box to work first. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
tommytom is offline  
Old 01-05-2012, 12:39 AM
  #2  
Tech Elite
 
MrUnlimited's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 2,491
Default

I assume the plate doesn't touch the powerbutton? Is it not possible to lower the plate?
MrUnlimited is offline  
Old 01-05-2012, 06:27 PM
  #3  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 101
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

While I dont have an RC8B, I do have the RC8T and am useing the associated box. I personally think its the best designed box on the market, many will beg to differ and say the Ofna is the only one to have. The easiest way to set up your box is to remove the motor, with it removed you can line up the wheel with the opening in the chassie, set the rear pegs on the plate first, then the front. If after doing this it still wont hit the flywheel the starter box wheel is extremely worn or your flywheel is to small.
reeltech is offline  
Old 01-05-2012, 10:22 PM
  #4  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: aurora ill.
Posts: 83
Default

Originally Posted by tommytom View Post
Hi Guys,

Last week I brought my Rc8b to Leisure Hours raceway for the first time to break the motor in. I couldn't get the rc8b to line up with the factory team universal starter box. It seems like the spring loaded plate is too thick for the donut to reach the fly wheel. Is anyone using the associated box with the rc8? If so is there a trick to get this to line up? I ended up using some random nice person's ofna box, but before dropping the cash on the new box I would like to see if can get the factory team box to work first. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
i have the exact same setup as you. and have had the same issues. first the car needs to be centered almost perfectly. second pre heating the engine helps. and pushing down on the engine not the wing. third have done a little work on the opening on the chassis although not needed. i race there too i can help if im there.
rc8 racer is offline  
Old 01-07-2012, 08:31 PM
  #5  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
tommytom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Lockport, IL
Posts: 283
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by rc8 racer View Post
i have the exact same setup as you. and have had the same issues. first the car needs to be centered almost perfectly. second pre heating the engine helps. and pushing down on the engine not the wing. third have done a little work on the opening on the chassis although not needed. i race there too i can help if im there.
I went to the track this morning and just got frustrated enough to say screw it and bought the Ofna Truggy Starter. I highly highly recommend it. I do have a question for you though. Are you using any of the Associated setup sheets for suspension? I have finally got the motor broke in and now I need to to tune the suspension. I would like to run the rookie race this upcoming friday with my rc8 if possible. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
tommytom is offline  
Old 01-07-2012, 08:48 PM
  #6  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 264
Default

Oh, thank God I can grow a beard and am uninterested in picking up other men on message forums!
caaraa is offline  
Old 01-08-2012, 09:10 AM
  #7  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: aurora ill.
Posts: 83
Default

Originally Posted by tommytom View Post
I went to the track this morning and just got frustrated enough to say screw it and bought the Ofna Truggy Starter. I highly highly recommend it. I do have a question for you though. Are you using any of the Associated setup sheets for suspension? I have finally got the motor broke in and now I need to to tune the suspension. I would like to run the rookie race this upcoming friday with my rc8 if possible. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
what setup is on the car now? the last time i raced the car as a rc8b i ran silver springs in front. ofna yellow in rear. silver sways. shocks mounted on tyhe outer holes on the tower. droop was around 108 and 125.5 i belive. i ran 30 wt in front and 25 in rear. with 10 by 1.1 tapered pistons.
rc8 racer is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.