Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
No Hot Bodies 1/8 truggy tire foams? >

No Hot Bodies 1/8 truggy tire foams?

No Hot Bodies 1/8 truggy tire foams?

Old 01-01-2012, 09:24 PM
Tech Regular

Default No Hot Bodies 1/8 truggy tire foams?

I recently ordered a full set of 1/8 truggy HB Megabite tires, and imagine my surprise when they arrived at my LHS and saw that no foams came with them. That surprise only grew even more when I checked the HB website and could not find any truggy tire foams, though I could find 1/8 buggy foams. I ended up ordering Proline foams.

Am I missing something here?
Old 01-01-2012, 09:37 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 202 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Zao18 View Post
I recently ordered a full set of 1/8 truggy HB Megabite tires, and imagine my surprise when they arrived at my LHS and saw that no foams came with them. That surprise only grew even more when I checked the HB website and could not find any truggy tire foams, though I could find 1/8 buggy foams. I ended up ordering Proline foams.

nope, most of the guys i know run the jconcepts foams in the hotbodies tires, a few run the ofna red foams
Old 01-02-2012, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

AKA Foams work very well also. They need a little trimming from what I recall to fit perfectly. But I prefer the AKA tires, in premount form...
Old 01-02-2012, 09:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can't go wrong with pink HB tires!
Old 01-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Tech Addict

I use AKA grooved inserts, no trimming. The older smother firmer AKA inserts don't work as well and work slightly better when trimmed a little narrower. The PL inserts don't fit the tire well and/or have a good firmness. The JConcepts inserts fit the tire well and firmness is good, had one break so durability could be a problem. The Losi yellow is OK or a bit soft for firmness, fit is decent.
Old 01-02-2012, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Yes sir, the new grooved AKA foam fits perfect. I don't guess it's new but a newer design over the older foam which did need trimmed.
Old 01-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zao18 View Post

I got a couple of SC tires from them and they didnt have foams either. Even though they are the same as buggy foams.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Tech Initiate

Default dynamite yellow foams work well too

dynamite yellow foams work well and fit perfect and durable
Old 12-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Alright, so the pi k compound HB tires work extremely well at my local and at the track the sell the pink mega bites for truggy. I have wan to buy a set but am unsure of which foams and rims to use? It looks lime people are using the aka red inserts, but what rims is prefered? It looks lime you need to use an older losi style rim, is this right?
Old 12-31-2013, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
Alright, so the pi k compound HB tires work extremely well at my local and at the track the sell the pink mega bites for truggy. I have wan to buy a set but am unsure of which foams and rims to use? It looks lime people are using the aka red inserts, but what rims is prefered? It looks lime you need to use an older losi style rim, is this right?
You can use the older style Losi or older style AKA (non-evo) for a direct fit wheel. Personally I cut the bead off the MB truggy tire and glue directly onto the AKA Evo or Pro-line VTR 4.0 wheel. The red aka inserts work very well.