R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Stopping the Beast (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/581092-stopping-beast.html)

Nitro blast 12-26-2011 02:04 PM

Stopping the Beast

What works for you experienced racers?
Cleaning the break pads without dismanteling the diff, or cutting some groves on the calipers. I'm having issues with breaking.
Your expertice is appreciated.

PAGIE #536 12-26-2011 03:37 PM

could be your epa setting is not correct on your radio or you need to screw in more brake on the adjusting rods for the front and rear on you car, hope this helps.

R. Zwart 12-26-2011 03:38 PM

Personally, I think it's important to take out the center diff and check everything to make sure there's no strange wear on anything. You can get a good look at everything this way, too. I would try to clean the pads with brake cleaner or something similar, and the same for the discs. If you can't get them cleaned effectively, just pick some new ones up and throw em on.

R. Zwart 12-26-2011 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by PAGIE #536 (Post 10084092)
could be your epa setting is not correct on your radio or you need to screw in more brake on the adjusting rods for the front and rear on you car, hope this helps.

+1 to the epa and adjustment rods, hope you can get it all figured out :tire::tire:

Nitro blast 12-27-2011 08:15 PM

EPA

Thanks for rattleing my head. Sometimes it takes some one to lead you in the right direction .

reeltech 12-28-2011 07:29 AM

Removing and sanding on a flat surface works the best. Brake clean just cleans the surface, ie. oil, dirt or solvents. When you sand them you actually resurface the pad "roughin it up" if you will, giving the pads something to grab a hold of. As for "picking up a new set" this can be a bit expensive, some brands are upwards of $25.00 a pair.

NEMESIS44 12-29-2011 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by reeltech (Post 10090662)
Removing and sanding on a flat surface works the best. Brake clean just cleans the surface, ie. oil, dirt or solvents. When you sand them you actually resurface the pad "roughin it up" if you will, giving the pads something to grab a hold of. As for "picking up a new set" this can be a bit expensive, some brands are upwards of $25.00 a pair.

This is what I do and I always have good brakes.

NEMESIS44 12-29-2011 07:19 PM

You just have to get in there and work on your car, do constant maintenance check-ups, regular baths. You'll learn every nut, bolt, and pin in it and you won't be scared of any section of your car anymore. That way you can make quick repairs and use tuning options that alot of drivers don't use at the track because they can't get it done in time to make the race. Hope this helps.