Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
six hindred and fifty dollar spending limit. BUGGY or Truggy? please help. >

six hindred and fifty dollar spending limit. BUGGY or Truggy? please help.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

six hindred and fifty dollar spending limit. BUGGY or Truggy? please help.

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 10:21 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

That inferno will drive you broke when it breaks. I had a US sports version many years ago and I couldn't believe the parts I had to upgrade just to run reg 17mm hub wheels. I would have been $$$$ ahead big time if I just would have bought something else the 1st time it broke, which was the 1st day I drove it. I snapped the rod on the engine. Oops. I had no idea what I was doing but it was a RTR. hahaha ya right.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Go for the D8t thats a good setup you want to get.
+1 for the D8T
Old 12-22-2011, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...uct-id=49497SD

get the new a arms and drive shafts about ($70) and you have a bulletproof truck.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Seeing that you are from ky what tracks do you regularly run at, I believe I tlked to you at the rc factory last year.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Apprentice

i run sometimes at the rc factory but i have a track in the backyard also there is an outdoor track off of exit 41 on i-71 in ohio... but yea i had a caster k8t rtr worst truck you could buy.

i got my tamiya truggy kit and it was awesome but had to sell it i needed money but i got a new job and i get payed a little bit more so i can afford it now....

bad thing is i already have a brushless e-truggy

so i was thinking of going for the buggy but i mean when you can pay 60 more dollars to get a truggy which has died up north (ohio) but i love truggies there just so much better looking to me than a buggy.

im gonna go with the d8t.....it seems to be pretty updated and awesome.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamminx2kid
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...uct-id=49497SD

get the new a arms and drive shafts about ($70) and you have a bulletproof truck.
WOW that's cheap!!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

yeah the truck is top notch quality. It's defiantly a dark horse. Its similar to the st-rr in ways. In my opinion tamiya got the best 1/8th and 1/10 cars out but thats just me.
Old 12-22-2011, 08:19 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamminx2kid
yeah the truck is top notch quality. It's defiantly a dark horse. Its similar to the st-rr in ways. In my opinion tamiya got the best 1/8th and 1/10 cars out but thats just me.
what are the part #'s for the new better parts?
Old 12-22-2011, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kawirider618
i run sometimes at the rc factory but i have a track in the backyard also there is an outdoor track off of exit 41 on i-71 in ohio... but yea i had a caster k8t rtr worst truck you could buy.

i got my tamiya truggy kit and it was awesome but had to sell it i needed money but i got a new job and i get payed a little bit more so i can afford it now....

bad thing is i already have a brushless e-truggy

so i was thinking of going for the buggy but i mean when you can pay 60 more dollars to get a truggy which has died up north (ohio) but i love truggies there just so much better looking to me than a buggy.

im gonna go with the d8t.....it seems to be pretty updated and awesome.
When I ran a k8t, it took me forever to find a good setup, but never played with my droop enough for the factory. The d8t is a great truck especially on that track. The d8t is hands down one of the best smooth track trucks around. If you go hb go 7-10-2 35f-30r. Great setup for indoors. The tamiya looks great though especially at the current price just wish it was the updated kit instead
Old 12-22-2011, 08:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

what do you think chase? freaking the owner of the rc factory is telling me to forget 1/8 buggy and truggy and go 1/10th electric but when you can pay the same amount for a bigger scale i mean c'mon that idea has got to go out the window...screw the 1/10th ill go 1/8
Old 12-22-2011, 08:55 PM
Tech Adept

I honestly like running both scales. Im just not fast enough with a 2wd buggy to run with those guys. 1/8 buggy there is super competitve and you have to be on your a game. Ive just always loved racing truggies and have now gotten to used to one to learn any actual buggy driving skills lol. In the end its up to you pm me if you want some more info though lol
Old 12-22-2011, 09:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Vareck
what are the part #'s for the new better parts?
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...roduct-id=1012
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...roduct-id=1013
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...roduct-id=1014 (x2)

Truck is dialed: http://youtu.be/x3MNTySSCBA
Old 12-22-2011, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kawirider618
heres my two choices and thanks for all the help but i have chosen the final two. you can post your replys below but i think ive got it prettty drawn out.

Step and area 1.: kits.:

Tamiya trf801x buggy-245.00 shipped
Dynamite Platinum .21XP "V2" 7-Port Off Road Racing Engine (Turbo Plug)-150.00
HK15298B High Voltage Coreless Digital servo (2) 40.50
Subcultures – Pre-mounts - Green compound (4) 40.00 after discount

Total: $475.5 Completed buggy

step and area 2.: kits.:

Hot bodies d8t truggy-310.00
Dynamite Platinum .21XP "V2" 7-Port Off Road Racing Engine (Turbo Plug)-150.00
HK15298B High Voltage Coreless Digital servo (2) 40.50

total: $500.50

Step and area 3.: RTR.:

Kyosho Inferno NEO ST Race Spec ReadySet 1/8 Scale Truck w/KT-201 2.4GHz & KE25 Engine (Type 1)-420.00

total: $420.00

what do you thinK?
you forgot to add a pipe, wheels and tires for the D8T. The HB would be my choice as I have had most brands but always went back to HB. I am going to try Kyosho again but still hanging on to the HB, thats how good it is.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sein
For the past two seasons I have ran the 8ight 2.0 buggy and truggy. I just recently started running the caster racing K8T/ZX1.5R. I have had only one practice session with the K8T, so I have not really tested the durability of the kit yet. However, I can tell you that it is a very well put together kit with high quality parts.

Right out of the box, the pro kit has lightened out-drives, 2 piece center diff mount, aluminum chassis braces, and aluminum top plate. On the track, I was really impressed with the responsiveness and agility of the truck. It reacts very quickly to steering inputs, almost like a buggy does. Because it is so responsive, I have to relearn how to turn into corners. The suspension is nice a smooth and seems to work very well on the truck.

Everything on the K8T is tight. Coming from losi, I was used to many components having slop or a loose feel. This is a strong point for the losi, that is why it is so forgiving; and it can run on many different tracks with the same setup. The caster is not so forgiving, and setup will play a much bigger role on the truck. If it is not right, you will have a hard time on the track; however, if it is right you will have the potential to run very fast.

Overall, I am thoroughly impressed with the kit, and I do believe I will be a much faster driver once I get everything dialed and adjust my driving style.

Here is a little clip of me running on the track for the first time. I know my track looks like Fred Sanford backyard, but it my track nonetheless

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
when did you get this and trashed the losi? Early Christmas present? LOL cool
Old 12-23-2011, 09:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have a pipe and wheels and tires.....I run e truggy right now......so the wheels and tires I'm not worried about but the pipe I think is for more to bottom to mid power. But the d8t comes with wheels and tires doesn't it? Idk never had any of hot bodies stuff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.