Search
Like Tree1Likes

NEW Mugen Drive Pin Tool

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JoeGuam
If you do not have a pin replacement tool this will be a great addition to any tool box. It works as intended, and anyone buying it will not be disappointed.
Hey Joe,

Whats the yen rate right now? If its not too far off, I may have to send you some cash to pick me one up. I finally got my TMO in and I need to tear everything down and rebuild. Let me now.

Adrian
Old 12-15-2011, 02:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Revooooooo
Hey Joe,

Whats the yen rate right now? If its not too far off, I may have to send you some cash to pick me one up. I finally got my TMO in and I need to tear everything down and rebuild. Let me now.

Adrian
Its 78 yen to the dollar for the pin replacement tool = 3,528円 so about $45. Keep in touch
Old 12-15-2011, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Seems you need to put the bottom portion in a vice then your able to turn adding pressure on the shaft IE pin >True?
You can hold the tool with your hand or use a wrench for leverage.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any feedback on the mugen driveshaft pin removal tool?
Old 01-28-2012, 04:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by voodoopapa
Yea I'd like to know that too. It looks really good and it's a lot cheaper than the Hudy one. I usually replace my pins with a benchvise, but that's not as easy as with the tool
Old 01-28-2012, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yes sorry I missed this question.
We have sold quite a few, and everybody has said they work exactly as they should
Old 01-28-2012, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have used mine a few times so far and it works awesome. Easier to use than the Hudy and it's cheaper.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (97%+)

Where can I get the replacement tool w/out paying $12 shipping on top of the exorbitant pricing @ mugen racing?

Or where can I get the Hudy tool?
Old 06-05-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by shagnat
Where can I get the replacement tool w/out paying $12 shipping on top of the exorbitant pricing @ mugen racing?

Or where can I get the Hudy tool?
Our prices are usually lower than amain's across the board, I would hardly call them exorbitant.
As far as shipping, http://racemugen.com/catalog/shipping.php
The shipping charge is sometimes calculated higher than it should for UPS (on small light items)
We only charge the correct amount, ask any of our clients we are 100% honest and straight up. You wont find an unhappy client of ours.
Shipping by itself via UPS on that tool should be around $7-8, which is all you would be charged, or if you paid by Paypal, the difference would be refunded.
Old 06-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by voodoopapa
The tool works but the shaft (B0541D) used to press the worn pin out will break easily. I have broken 2. I use heat and still broke them. The replacement is only $10 so I would recommend having at least 1 on hand. I think the reason it breaks is the pins are worn on one side and when you screw in, the pressing pin doesn't meet up with the drive pin flush. When you screw down, the pressing pin rotates and falls of the edge of the worn pin and causes it to be in a bind and break, or it breaks from putting pressure only on one side of the pressing pin. You just have to be careful or change out your pins before they get too much wear. You can also cut the pins off flush with the drive shaft with a dremel then press it out so that you make good contact with both the pressing pin and worn drive pin.

Hope this makes sense...
Old 06-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Maxxed-out
The tool works but the shaft (B0541D) used to press the worn pin out will break easily. I have broken 2. I use heat and still broke them. The replacement is only $10 so I would recommend having at least 1 on hand. I think the reason it breaks is the pins are worn on one side and when you screw in, the pressing pin doesn't meet up with the drive pin flush. When you screw down, the pressing pin rotates and falls of the edge of the worn pin and causes it to be in a bind and break, or it breaks from putting pressure only on one side of the pressing pin. You just have to be careful or change out your pins before they get too much wear. You can also cut the pins off flush with the drive shaft with a dremel then press it out so that you make good contact with both the pressing pin and worn drive pin.

Hope this makes sense...
Totally agree with the shaft to press out the worn pin breaking easily. Mine started breaking on the first pin i tried to remove.

Nice tip on dremeling off the worn part, will try that when and if i decide to get a replacement shaft.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Maxxed-out

Hope this makes sense...
Where did you guys buy that broken part(B0541D)? I can't seem to find one in stock anywhere.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
Where did you guys buy that broken part(B0541D)? I can't seem to find one in stock anywhere.
We have them, they just haven't been added to our online store yet.
They should be in shortly.

Edit : just added it myself
http://racemugen.com/catalog/product...oducts_id=1072
Old 06-05-2012, 04:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRussian
We have them, they just haven't been added to our online store yet.
They should be in shortly.

Edit : just added it myself
http://racemugen.com/catalog/product...oducts_id=1072
I just tried to order 2 from you but your system says they are backordered.
So, do you have them, or are they backordered?

Edit: just tried to order 1, it wasn't backordered so I assume you have just 1. But I'm sorry, $14.89 for shipping on a tiny $9 tool is a bit steep. Maybe when I need to order more items I'll try again. In the mean time, have you considered looking into cheaper shipping? A small flat-rate box through USPS is under $6.

Last edited by CanyonCarverR1; 06-05-2012 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CanyonCarverR1
I just tried to order 2 from you but your system says they are backordered.
So, do you have them, or are they backordered?

Edit: just tried to order 1, it wasn't backordered so I assume you have just 1. But I'm sorry, $14.89 for shipping on a tiny $9 tool is a bit steep. Maybe when I need to order more items I'll try again. In the mean time, have you considered looking into cheaper shipping? A small flat-rate box through USPS is under $6.
Our inventory is live, yes we have only one left, as far as shipping prices, please look at post #24 above

We don't usually use the USPS because of many lost packages and poor tracking. If you want USPS still, select store pickup as an option, and we will ship it USPS for $5. We try to please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.