Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
What do you do in the winter for your nitro fixt >

What do you do in the winter for your nitro fixt

What do you do in the winter for your nitro fixt

Old 12-10-2011, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default What do you do in the winter for your nitro fixt

This thread is about what you do during the winter to get your nitro fix!

So I'm pretty new to the hobby, I'm about halfway done breaking in my rb s7 on my mbx6 and I'm already hooked on nitro. I cant wait to start racing next spring!! I want to go out and drive sooooooo bad but usually can't cuz of the weather

What do you guys do when you can't race to get your nitro fix!?

IM GETTING SCERVY!
Old 12-10-2011, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Do maintenance on my stuff. Shocks, diffs, cv joints, check for anything that's starting to wear, bend or crack. Also give it a good cleaning. Winter is also a great time to work on new body design ideas.

And best of all.....order a new kit to build!
Old 12-10-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

When its raining/snowing outside, electric offroad indoors!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIEAABXpAIw
Old 12-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Chris-s View Post
When its raining/snowing outside, electric offroad indoors!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIEAABXpAIw
Nice! Sadly don't have that option here in Edmonton. The only offroad track is an outdoor club-run one. During the winter, the offroad guys get involved in indoor electric touring cars. I haven't taken the leap yet, though the HPI Sprint 2 Flux is tempting me to try it .
Old 12-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

1/10 indoor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFhfHGbsFSY
Old 12-10-2011, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

To get my fix I...............race nitro! Year around racing in Texas is a VERY good thing!
Old 12-10-2011, 08:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Indoor racing for me. But when I'm not doing that, I paint bodies and get all my off road stuff fully rebuilt and ready for the following season.
Old 12-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

drive 3 hours to the closest indoor nitro track.. when i am not doing that i am racing indoor carpet onroad 1/10th electric sedan about 40 mins from my house..... jeremy
Old 12-10-2011, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

and I fly 1500 miles. got you beat there jeremy....
Old 12-10-2011, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

Run at delta Rc in antioch, ca. In the nitro winter series... Check out the video... Some nice clean racing..... It's a great video... I'm the white pink and blue and black mugen... Racing Rain/ or snow if we ever got snow in NorCal... BRAPPPPPPPPP!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXlbW...e_gdata_player
Old 12-10-2011, 10:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What - winter isn't RC offroad season?
Old 12-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mark _australia View Post
i can say ifeel you pain i just normally go and watch the indoor will talking to my buddy there and i will bring whatever car im working on will im there and rip it all apart i mean the whole thing motor and all i hten start to right my list of thing that need to be replaced or new one i would like to get. i rebuild my 3 car over the winter and replace all bushing and spring get new shock seal new engine bearing and coneecting rod ever winter and wheel bearing. now i had some guy say why not just buy a new kit will i like to work on my and i love cermic bearing and will a new kit does not come with those does it. will im tempted to but an good elctric to race indoor but my hobby shop race on friday and tuesday night will i work second shift so my rebuild seem to keep me busy. buy the time im done cleaning everything and rebuilding my car it just a month to go or so that im waiting on. since doing this i have never had anything major break doing the race season like rod or a pin clip coming out and wercking my piston which i also clean with a piunch of 0000 steel wool so it look like new again then i iu put humpty dumpty back togeter and set it up then start the next car and when im done i wait till spring like a kid waiting for x mass mornig and yes i drag my kid to the indoor with me while i work he got his shourt cousre to race all season.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

until this past year, i cleaned up and re-build everything, then impatiently waited for the other 4 months, 3 weeks, and 4 days till spring......but this year on top of doing all of the above, i'm trying some carpet oval (open mod 2.2 rubber tire class) at the local carpet track...so far hasn't been to bad...about 1.2 sec/lap slower than the 2s pan cars.....still aint nitro tho....
Old 12-11-2011, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mark _australia View Post
I need to be rich so I can go to Australia in the winter to keep racing Nitro...
Old 12-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EatYoLegs View Post
This thread is about what you do during the winter to get your nitro fix!

So I'm pretty new to the hobby, I'm about halfway done breaking in my rb s7 on my mbx6 and I'm already hooked on nitro. I cant wait to start racing next spring!! I want to go out and drive sooooooo bad but usually can't cuz of the weather

What do you guys do when you can't race to get your nitro fix!?

IM GETTING SCERVY!
if you cant race nitro indoors. then get a 2wheeldrive shortcourse truck. it will ultimately help you drive better, and help you be smoother on the throttle

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.