Xray XB9

Old 02-26-2012, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default oil conversion

About to start the build of the XB9 . As I use mugen / ultimate oils I am trying to work out the conversion of xray oil to those for shock and diff oils. Had a look at the xray forum but to me it looks like the shock oils are about the same.

Has anyone got a conversion for shock and diff oils?

For example the manual has diffs of 5,5,2 - how does this compare to mugen / ultimate oils?
Old 02-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Both xray cars looked very good tonight in the DNC race. although the results do not show it reno had 2 or 3 flame outs and still pulled in the 11th spot and at on time flamed and fell to 12th and made it back to 7th or 8th in just a short time to just have another flame out! Bayer also had a great showing.. The xb9 has good speed and xray seem to be on the right track with the shock package. Im sure xray will soon have new springs out for the car to match some of the K springs.. All in all Reno and Bayer are going to help ton in future production's for this car it will soon be at the top!
Old 02-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Tech Elite

All finished

Did a half a tank around the backyard late this avo to start bedding everything in. New gearing is very smooth with nice acceleration.

Couple of minor points I found with the build:

The servo saver arm comes very close to the front of the steering servo at full left lock. You may have to tweak the steering rod length or sub trim to be able to get full left hand lock without the servo saver arm contacting the servo. If not, just dremmell a little half round out of the servo saver arm to get the full travel - we are only talking a few mm.

Rear drive shaft will most likely come into light contact with the right rear of the engine mounting wing on most engines.
Just grind the corner of the mounting wing on the motor at around a 45 deg angle and it will clear by around 3 - 4 mm. It was always a tight fit on the 9, 10, and 11 Spec, but the XB9 is just a little closer and does require some grinding in most instances - not a biggie, but something you should be aware of.

At full droop, the front drive pins are very close the end of the diff outdrives - rear is sweet.
I am running the 5 deg offset alloy steering hubs and don't have this problem due to the shorter camber links required to get the -1 deg camber setting with the offset hubs. Drive pins are well inside the outdrives at full droop with this set up.

Other than those small points - she is a beauty

Also the buggy is very light. Our local team driver weighed his in complete race trim minus fuel (running Ninja motor, Hi-Tec servo's and NiMh battery pack and it came in at 3239 (see picture).
I am running lighter Savox servo's, very light IP Lipo, plus the GXII-5RHO motor is around 34g lighter than most other motors out there currently - so I may have a weight problem - although I still have to add the 60g brass weight to balance out the lighter Lipo (on backorder from the local distributor).

So far the best shock set up our team driver has discovered is 40wt Losi oil all round (converted from X-Ray oils), 1.2 x 8 pistons front and 1.1 x 10 pistons rear, with X-Ray progressive springs. Maybe slightly heavier oils in the front after some more testing, but the rear is primo he says.
Attached Thumbnails Xray XB9-untitled-reduced.jpg  

Last edited by grizz1; 02-27-2012 at 12:10 AM.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

+1, Good to see them be competitve here in the states. Seemed like Josh couldn't get in a rhythem yesterday but he will be ok. The XB9 looks very very promising, we are excited to get ours built.

Originally Posted by Ultraspeed84
Both xray cars looked very good tonight in the DNC race. although the results do not show it reno had 2 or 3 flame outs and still pulled in the 11th spot and at on time flamed and fell to 12th and made it back to 7th or 8th in just a short time to just have another flame out! Bayer also had a great showing.. The xb9 has good speed and xray seem to be on the right track with the shock package. Im sure xray will soon have new springs out for the car to match some of the K springs.. All in all Reno and Bayer are going to help ton in future production's for this car it will soon be at the top!
Old 02-27-2012, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonw
+1, Good to see them be competitve here in the states. Seemed like Josh couldn't get in a rhythem yesterday but he will be ok. The XB9 looks very very promising, we are excited to get ours built.
Hey Jon,

What is the next race you guys gonna make? I am assuming Corpus Starcar RC Pro State RD 2? If so, I will be there. I might have to fly to Denver for work so I just need to make sure the dates don't overlap. Hopefully I will have a broken in XB9 by then.
Old 02-27-2012, 07:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Marcus,

We have the Dialed race before Corpus, we are singed up and ready for it but I am waiting on a work thing to clear up for that weekend. We will probably come up to Houston and race before Corpus too.

Originally Posted by mcion
Hey Jon,

What is the next race you guys gonna make? I am assuming Corpus Starcar RC Pro State RD 2? If so, I will be there. I might have to fly to Denver for work so I just need to make sure the dates don't overlap. Hopefully I will have a broken in XB9 by then.
Old 02-27-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Anybody know if RC America has the xb9 yet?
Old 02-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I heard told this week, but when do the stores or shops get it, that have it ordered, not sure.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mxx
Travis is running prototype body
Savoya, Bayer production body

Look at the back of the bodies from the cab back
Actually I think you have it backwards the body Travis is running is the original body on the first pics of the xb9 and on the Xray website so Savoya and Bayer's body must be a newer style body which I think looks better
Old 02-27-2012, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Jammin57
Anybody know if RC America has the xb9 yet?
As of about lunch time today they didn't have them yet. There is a chance that it arrived at the end of today, but most likely it will be there tomorrow...Wednesday at the very latest.
Old 02-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mcion
I can tell looking at your SIG hahah. I haven't made it out there yet unfortunately.
I've been waiting for someone to recognize that lol
Old 02-27-2012, 09:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by grizz1
X-Ray progressive springs. Maybe slightly heavier oils in the front after some more testing, but the rear is primo he says.
X-Ray progressive springs. Do you have part no. for me?
Old 02-27-2012, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Frank_M
X-Ray progressive springs. Do you have part no. for me?
Hi Frank - not yet. They are not listed on the X-Ray optional parts list yet, so I will PM you the part number once I receive them from the local X-Ray distributor here in NZ (got the last set currently in stock ).
Old 02-27-2012, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Xb9 arrived looking through the box can't wait to start the build tonight
Old 02-28-2012, 12:07 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Don't forget the build pics Jase!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.