New Shocks
New Radio Tray
New Suspension Geometry
New Chassis
That's probably all they will change
Old 12-11-2011, 01:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jhautz View Post
blue shocks.... how RTResque of xray....

I am glad to hear they are redoing the shock and the suspension geometry. If they managed to solve the 808 bounce on jump landings I'll be back.
Bounce on landings?????!!!! If you setup the car right, you can punish and have twisted landings after HUUUUGE jumps and the car lands like butter and then full throttle... Springs, oil, pistons, ride height etc. etc..
Old 12-11-2011, 02:38 AM
am
Tech Master

The Xray shocks are not so good. The best Xray guys here uses HB shocks...
Old 12-11-2011, 07:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by CJ Weaver View Post
My guess is...

Universal Driveshafts
New Shocks
New Radio Tray
New Suspension Geometry
New Chassis
That's my guess too. Maybe those new chassis braces they were testing earlier in the year.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lille-bror View Post
Bounce on landings?????!!!! If you setup the car right, you can punish and have twisted landings after HUUUUGE jumps and the car lands like butter and then full throttle... Springs, oil, pistons, ride height etc. etc..
Yep. I know how. Don't get me wrong. I really love the way my 808 drove everywhere else on the track but I was just never able to solve the riddle with the shock/suspension setup. Either handling great everywhere except an imperfect landing and getting bounced or stiff enought to land cosistently and not so good everywhere else, especially any rough spots.

Went though it all and like others have said the most sucess came from replacement of the shocks with another brand. But still cant quite get it to be as consistent as my mugen is now. It's like a wet towel. Just sticks to the track everywhere. For someone with skills and hits every downside perfectly it's probably not an issue. But even the top team guys run shocks from other brands so I can't be the only one.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (98%+)

Originally Posted by MattP View Post
I like all the new cars coming out for next season. I can't wait to see what the new Xray has to offer. Like always I will probably buy one and run it for a gallon and sell it on here for half price lmao.
DIBS!!!! No really
Old 12-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by jhautz View Post
Yep. I know how. Don't get me wrong. I really love the way my 808 drove everywhere else on the track but I was just never able to solve the riddle with the shock/suspension setup. Either handling great everywhere except an imperfect landing and getting bounced or stiff enought to land cosistently and not so good everywhere else, especially any rough spots.

Went though it all and like others have said the most sucess came from replacement of the shocks with another brand. But still cant quite get it to be as consistent as my mugen is now. It's like a wet towel. Just sticks to the track everywhere. For someone with skills and hits every downside perfectly it's probably not an issue. But even the top team guys run shocks from other brands so I can't be the only one.
+1
Never been able to setup shocks correctly for my local blown out track and go for mugen an now pleased with it's handling. I'm still liking xray parts quality and durability over mugen (actually I never had a durability issue with the mugen that don't let me finish the race so far but I don't trust it as my previous xray) and impatient about new xb9.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

update

http://rcspecial.com/news/?p=89590
Old 12-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

The XB9 Buggy revealed Next Week @ The Dirt-IBR Padova...Stay tuned : Subdolo:
Old 12-11-2011, 05:00 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by RockStar_199 View Post
DIBS!!!! No really
Lol. Remind me once they have been out for a month or so.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Thamer View Post
pretty sure those are older pictures?...savoya has a durango jacket on.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alport78 View Post
+1
Never been able to setup shocks correctly for my local blown out track and go for mugen an now pleased with it's handling. I'm still liking xray parts quality and durability over mugen (actually I never had a durability issue with the mugen that don't let me finish the race so far but I don't trust it as my previous xray) and impatient about new xb9.
+1. Never could get my 808 suspension to work great. I didn't realize how bad it was until I got a Mugen MBX6. My 808 was always on the edge and very unforgiving if you didn't land perfectly on the downside or off jumps with flat landings. Car bounced like a pogo stick.

Otherwise, I loved the car. No other brand can touch the durability. I NEVER worry about if my 808 is going to break.
Old 12-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Default XB9

Saw one of the 4 prototypes yesterday...
-narrower chassis
-new radio tray (long and narrow)
-new shock towers
-steering servo mounted upright.
and probably many more stuff I didn't noticed....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.