R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 07-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #2431
Tech Addict

Yes, I know some drivers dont like them. But Ive been told that they work, just a bit different than what they are used to with the straight hole ones.

I still think straight hole pistons are the "better" in a way that at least we know more or less how they will behave, but Im curious on how they will work in the XB9
OleC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:01 PM   #2432
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I remember seeing someone post about how they're using their 2 and 3 stripe springs, does anyone remember what it said?
B00t13g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #2433
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
I would suggest trying these Kyosho 1.2 x 8-hole tapered pistons with the straight holes.

I have had several Kyosho drivers tell me to stay away from the Kyosho SP pistons with the angled holes because "they are crap", although I have never tried them myself. So.. just passing that along.. for whatever its worth.
Heard the same. They supposedly work on a smooth track but not so much on a rough one.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #2434
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Cade tested and raced with both this past weekend In Houston at Mikes using different size pistons and shock oils. He will have to tell you the combinations though. We also used them two weeks ago at our home track two weekends ago. At our home track we ran 3 stripe up front and 2 stripe in the rear. I he has really liked both combinations so far

We plan on trying a few combinations Friday during ptactice in Carrolton. Last year the track was already blown out before we even got to practice, so we don't know what to expect this year. We actually like a track when it gets in that condition anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
I remember seeing someone post about how they're using their 2 and 3 stripe springs, does anyone remember what it said?
RCAmerica | Xray | Hudy | Pro-Line Racing | Airtronics l Avid | Powermaster Racing Fuels | StickIt1 Racing | BUKU | Red Rock Hobbies
jonw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:52 PM   #2435
HH
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OleC View Post
Yes, I know some drivers dont like them. But Ive been told that they work, just a bit different than what they are used to with the straight hole ones.

I still think straight hole pistons are the "better" in a way that at least we know more or less how they will behave, but Im curious on how they will work in the XB9
Please report back with what you find if you do give the SP's a try.

"If it's worth doin'... it's worth doin' it right" - Chip Jett
HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:25 PM   #2436
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to CJ Weaver

http://blog.jconcepts.net/2012/07/ne...innisher-body/
CJ Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #2437
Tech Elite

^meh it's ok. I'm super pumped for the biddy body!
Old 07-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #2438
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Are there any REAL photos of the Biddy body out yet? All I found was that black body with the rear half darkened so that you can't see much.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:27 AM   #2439
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
Please report back with what you find if you do give the SP's a try.
Will do
OleC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:10 AM   #2440
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The Biddy stuff looks great, but they are so thin that it affects the durability. They don't last as long as some of the others.

/ Nemo Racing USA /Agama / Pro-line Racing / VP Powermaster / RC Shox / Triton RC / Dutch Oven Designs / Paradise Air / TIX RD /
Racerx336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:03 AM   #2441
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonw View Post
Cade tested and raced with both this past weekend In Houston at Mikes using different size pistons and shock oils. He will have to tell you the combinations though. We also used them two weeks ago at our home track two weekends ago. At our home track we ran 3 stripe up front and 2 stripe in the rear. I he has really liked both combinations so far

We plan on trying a few combinations Friday during ptactice in Carrolton. Last year the track was already blown out before we even got to practice, so we don't know what to expect this year. We actually like a track when it gets in that condition anyway.
Yah, I started out with 3 stripes in the front and 2 stripes in the rear at Mikes, but I thought that the 2 stripes in the rear were too soft and that was causing the car to bottom out before jumps and make my car go nose over end. I think that the 2 stripes in the rear will be good for a rough track. The next day I switched over to the 3 stripes all the way around and my car was AWESOME!!!

Looking forward to testing some more setups this Friday!

-Cade
Cade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:39 AM   #2442
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cade View Post
Yah, I started out with 3 stripes in the front and 2 stripes in the rear at Mikes, but I thought that the 2 stripes in the rear were too soft and that was causing the car to bottom out before jumps and make my car go nose over end. I think that the 2 stripes in the rear will be good for a rough track. The next day I switched over to the 3 stripes all the way around and my car was AWESOME!!!

Looking forward to testing some more setups this Friday!

-Cade
Thanks man! I'm curious to see what you think, I'm starting with the 3 stripe front 2 stripe rear. It felt really good the day before the track was torn down!
Old 07-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #2443
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Cant seem to find much info on the newer progressive, does anyone have a link to some info on them of know the specs.

I have the original progressives which in the front are 0.7-0.8 rate, what are the rates on the other progressives?

LRD- Australian distributor of Werks Race Blend 30% fuel. Dedicated solely to the supply of racing products for 1/8 scale nitro Rc. -lazrd.com.au-
Nitro Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:00 AM   #2444
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by B00t13g View Post
Thanks man! I'm curious to see what you think, I'm starting with the 3 stripe front 2 stripe rear. It felt really good the day before the track was torn down!
I think that setup is great for a rough track, or just an outdoor, loose track, but the 3 stripes all the way around were dialed on a smooth, high grip track. I will be testing a lot of different pistons and shock oils on Friday, so come by our pits if you have any questions or just wanna hang out!

-Cade
Cade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #2445
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cade View Post
I think that setup is great for a rough track, or just an outdoor, loose track, but the 3 stripes all the way around were dialed on a smooth, high grip track. I will be testing a lot of different pistons and shock oils on Friday, so come by our pits if you have any questions or just wanna hang out!

-Cade
Same findings here with the 3 Stripes, good on high bite, but not so good on a loose track.
rfleck is offline   Reply With Quote