Xray XB9

Old 05-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Lille-bror
Shock performance are not just which piston you use. XRAY blue-gray, Kyosho blue etc. etc are nearly the same. Wants smooth landings go with XRAY 4 x blue or 4 x violet front springs. Even though the springs are hard, the front springs all around will performe quit soft when driving on smooth surfaces. They only gets hard when they are close to fully compressed.
How many big jumps do you have on your tracks where you have a risk of bottoming out? 1? 2? Otherwise make your car "perfect" on the rest 95% of the track and get better laptimes.
Land your car on the front wheels and hit the throttle to minimize the bottoming effect on the rear.

Go win races. You have the best car on the market!
Prove it this Sunday
Old 05-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Tech Regular

as i said thats all when and good when you have a smooth track...we dont have smooth tracks in the uk,and most of the jumps we have are chassis slappers as theres usually no downside to land on.

so go stiff springs for landings=car sucks thru bumps and gets thrown about like a rag doll and loses traction.

thats why we all run different setups.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:01 PM
Tech Champion

Should I get the progressive Xray spring kits, or just the Kyosho Blues?

Not sure exactly which Kyosho spring fits best, there are quite a few:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...ho+blue+spring

Are the 808 and XB9 springs the same size/shape?
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...g-Set-C07-08-2

Last edited by Zerodefect; 05-04-2012 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by fastboy
as i said thats all when and good when you have a smooth track...we dont have smooth tracks in the uk,and most of the jumps we have are chassis slappers as theres usually no downside to land on.

so go stiff springs for landings=car sucks thru bumps and gets thrown about like a rag doll and loses traction.

thats why we all run different setups.
I just setup my oil and pistons for the bumps. Then my choice of springs has more to do with how strong of a spring do I need to rebound that stiff oil. I watch to see if my car dives too much entering turns, etc. Then I just increase rear spring until the car steers.

For euro jumps with no landing ramps, all the guys here were running Ae Rc8's used the 1.1x10 pistons all the way around. Those pack up hard, but still handle OKish.

Which came 1st the chicken or the egg. In this case the oil/piston comes first. The spring deosn't do jack landing jumps, it's all about what inside the shock. The kinetic energy of the car will absolutely blow right through whatever force the springs can put out. The damping is what deos all the work on landings.

Need proof:
Drain the fluid out of your shocks, drop car. It bottoms hard, then bounces across the room.

Now fill the shocks up with 40wt and 1.1 pistons, but remove the springs. Let the suspension extend, and drop the car. Note that it wasn't nearly as harsh of a bottom.

Now change out the engine block you just cracked and get a bandaid for your toe.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Tech Regular

i know this..hence why i said stiff springs for jumps to compliment the heavier damping
Old 05-04-2012, 05:17 PM
HH
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lille-bror

.....Go win races. You have the best car on the market!

Word!

Old 05-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, this past weekend I raced in Lafayette, LA at Round 2 of the RC Pro US Series South Division. I qualified 4th and finished 3rd in the Pro Buggy class. I found a pretty good setup and I'll be fine tuning it in the next couple of weeks. Here is my race report and setup-

http://www.prolineracing.com/blog/ca...pro-us-series/

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...=103&setup=xb9

If y'all have any questions just ask!

-Cade

Last edited by Cade; 05-05-2012 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:30 AM
Tech Addict

what i still & probably will never understand:

why are so many guys using kyosho springs on an xray car ???!!

xray springs are for sure best, most precise springs on the market.we tested them on a spring dyno.

look here: http://www.scs-tuning.de/
Old 05-05-2012, 05:54 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi friends how you solved the dust that enters the battery box, I am also putting tape around so much dust, make some pictures with the solution, thanks.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:26 AM
Tech Regular

smear some vaseline around the lid before fitting,should help.
Old 05-05-2012, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by kaan
Prove it this Sunday
Old 05-05-2012, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cade
Hey guys, this past weekend I raced in Lafayette, LA at Round 2 of the RC Pro US Series South Division. I qualified 4th and finished 3rd in the Pro Buggy class. I found a pretty good setup and I'll be fine tuning it in the next couple of weeks. Here is my race report and setup-

http://www.prolineracing.com/blog/ca...pro-us-series/

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...=103&setup=xb9

If y'all have any questions just ask!

-Cade
Good work. You left your shock positions for the towers off your setup?
Old 05-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by mcion
Good work. You left your shock positions for the towers off your setup?
Thanks! Its updated now.

Cade
Old 05-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default medium flex

Two of us have lost a throttle servo while running medium flex. I suppose this could be a coincidence. Anyone else? Wondering if leaving those two screws out is too much vibration.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rfleck
Two of us have lost a throttle servo while running medium flex. I suppose this could be a coincidence. Anyone else? Wondering if leaving those two screws out is too much vibration.
In hard crashes, cases, or bottoming out hard, the chassis can hit the servo and damage it.

Make sure you run the rubber squares that came with your servo. Don't tighten the servo down too much, the throttle servo can be mounted much looser than the steering.

I'd stiffen the chassis, and Switch to Hitec servos.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.