Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
IS ANY ONE STILL RUNNING Z01-T >

IS ANY ONE STILL RUNNING Z01-T

IS ANY ONE STILL RUNNING Z01-T

Old 12-06-2011, 12:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default IS ANY ONE STILL RUNNING Z01-T

Just wondering if any one is still running the z01-t because of the fact that nobody is selling part or looking for any parts.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I still have mine but would like to get rid of it with extra parts cheap. truggy not real popular around here in the winter
Old 12-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team_Orange
I still have mine but would like to get rid of it with extra parts cheap. truggy not real popular around here in the winter
yeah. i would get rid of it as fast as possible being that it is discontinued and getting parts for it is damn near impossible. I had one a couple years back and thought it was a pretty fun truck but the thing you gotta remember in this hobby is cars that aren't very popular get phased out pretty quickly. You gotta get a feel when it's not HOT anymore so you can move on to the next one.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I was not impressed with the competitiveness of the O'Donnell truggies I saw race. Seemed a generation behind, too bad the SG never made it.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

how much
Old 12-06-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Sad how it ended put a lot of people in a bad spot without Steve addressing his customer well at least I never saw anything yeah you say its under the court system but his customers deserved a straight up answer people trusted his brand now people will question his future projects a
Old 12-09-2011, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MadRussian
I was not impressed with the competitiveness of the O'Donnell truggies I saw race. Seemed a generation behind, too bad the SG never made it.
You are correct. The truggy was indeed a generation behind. The few Z01-T SG prototypes that were being raced around the country were MUCH better, and on par with Losi and Mugen at that time (perhaps even just a tick better).

I've still got my Z01-T, but I don't run it anymore. I'm keeping it in case my son wants to move up to Nitro when he gets older. It won't be the fastest truck, but it's strong, durable as heck, and with all the parts I have, there's no way I could buy him a comparable setup with the money I would get by selling everything.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Sad how it ended put a lot of people in a bad spot without Steve addressing his customer well at least I never saw anything yeah you say its under the court system but his customers deserved a straight up answer people trusted his brand now people will question his future projects a
There are a number of reasons that neither Steve, nor Hobbico, ever made an "official statement", even though both wanted to....

There's no sense in re-hashing it again though. What's done is done....Steve will have future RC endeavors that he will have control over, but the likelihood of another O'Donnell vehicle line is pretty much out of the question (unless some miracle happens, and Steve has a change of heart).