RC HAULER BAG

Old 12-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default RC HAULER BAG

What do you guys look for in a good rc hauler bag? and how much money would you be willing to spend on one?
Old 12-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Ive had a few of them now. So far the best one is the wingtote 1/8 pro bag. Not cheap but super high quality and very roomy inside.

http://www.wing-tote.com/pro-roller-buggy-tote.php
Old 12-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What specifically do you like about it and what would you change? The more info the better
Old 12-02-2011, 08:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Big. Its the biggest one Ive seen. Fits everything and still have extra room. The zippers are high quality and are holding up very well compared to most of the other bags ive had. I also like the way the handle is on it. On the long side rather than the short side. it makes balancing stuff on top and rolling it into the pits or out to the car easier. Also like the bungie cords on the top for holding extra stuff on top.

Things Id like but haven't found anywhere. Bigger wheels than the little luggage wheels. Pockets designed for holding shock and dif oil bottles upright and secure.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jhautz View Post
Ive had a few of them now. So far the best one is the wingtote 1/8 pro bag. Not cheap but super high quality and very roomy inside.

http://www.wing-tote.com/pro-roller-buggy-tote.php
I do like the way that bag rolls by the width rather than the length. I might have to try one. I have 2 protek bags and they are ok but they don't rol very well when the terrain gets a little rough or over gravel. I wish there was a bag like these with larger wheels, a couple servos and OS powered
Old 12-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Best Hauler hands down. Also since it rolls by the width, it helps to stack stuff on top. Plus the handle does not go in the bag so it does not occupy space.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The Wingtote is probably one of if not the best hauler bag out there,

Though I think the Shepard has the same setup. The only thing I don't like is that it can't hold a 1/8th setup board. The handle is in the spot where the board goes on other bags. That's a deal breaker for me. Bigger wheeles are always welcomed, out door guys don't always have the smoothest areas to get from the car to the pits.

Of course that super delux, super expensive, Hudy one is pretty cool. The biggest bag on the market I think, but doesn't fit well in the 1:1 rides sometimes to get to the track.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

contico boxes

contice box
Old 12-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing View Post
The Wingtote is probably one of if not the best hauler bag out there,

Though I think the Shepard has the same setup. The only thing I don't like is that it can't hold a 1/8th setup board. The handle is in the spot where the board goes on other bags. That's a deal breaker for me. Bigger wheeles are always welcomed, out door guys don't always have the smoothest areas to get from the car to the pits.

Of course that super delux, super expensive, Hudy one is pretty cool. The biggest bag on the market I think, but doesn't fit well in the 1:1 rides sometimes to get to the track.
Hudy discontinued their 1/8 hauler bag. I tried to get one a few months ago and it's dc
Old 12-03-2011, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

aaah, Is that true? I was just saving up for a Hudy 1/8 hauler.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Hauler Bags...................

I have one of these Pro Roller Truck Tote . It works well for what it is.. But it has the same inherent problems that all Hauler bags have.. They work great for one season, then good for the 2nd season, and the 3rd season they need all the plastic boards replaced. The wheels are too small for anything other then asphalte or concrete..

1/8 Hauler bags are even worse IMO, because the drawers get stuck after the 6th or 7th time they get pulled out. I wanted one, until a friend of mine got one.. After that I was like no thanks.. I'll haul my stuff in a garbage sack before wasting money on another Hauler..

FOR $150+ these totes should last more then 2 years of occassional use.. If someone designed a light weight well made optioned out tote that lasted that person could make a lot of money in the RC world..
Old 12-03-2011, 07:22 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by fpart View Post
aaah, Is that true? I was just saving up for a Hudy 1/8 hauler.
That's what Hudy told the shop that I order from. I was sad.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Frank L View Post
That's what Hudy told the shop that I order from. I was sad.
Bummer. That's what I have and love it. looks like I better make it last lol.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would love that wingtote, but my budget has me going the jerry-rig route. Got a big cheap rolling duffle bag at biglots with handle and side pockets that I'm sup'ing up with masonite all around the insides to make it stiff. Damn thing holds a buggy, truggy and lst sized monster truck with room for tools, fuels, wheels.. etc.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Frank,

Discontinued you say? Can't say that I'm too suprised. It was after all, the most expensive bag made. Yet I'm willing to bet that someone somewhere at someplace still has some instock. That is if you just really, really, got to have it for the "look what I got and you don't" factor. LOL. I've seen one and other than the color scheme, it's stout. I'd be a little worried that once you filled it, you might just need a roll back flatbed tow truck to move it off the ground. Or, maybe need to be the worlds strongest man to lift it off the ground to get it in the car/truck to get it to and from the track.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.