Wiki Posts
Search

Help with my for-sale ad????

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default Help with my for-sale ad????

I posted my nice RC8B with Werks B5/2013 pipe, Carbon towers, starter box and 5 sets of rims/tires (one set new in bag)
(No servo's)

I figured $300 is a good price?

No hits at all?????
Am I too high or just wrong time of year?

Thanks,
Old 12-02-2011, 09:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Originally Posted by kevntri
I posted my nice RC8B with Werks B5/2013 pipe, Carbon towers, starter box and 5 sets of rims/tires (one set new in bag)
(No servo's)

I figured $300 is a good price?

No hits at all?????
Am I too high or just wrong time of year?

Thanks,
Condition and how its described with good feedback points is important. Dont expect to sell in one-two days make sure you bump once a day and answer all questions. The bad part AE just release their new buggy and worlds hop ups people will always want the new stuff.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

I think the price is more than fair. I guess just wrong time of the year.

The photos aren't helping at all. They're too small and blurry.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

It's the end of off-road season for most. You will have better luck in the spring.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

its just hard to sell anything on here anymore. You basically have to almost give it away now. There is just so much for sale now in the for sale thread. I ususlly bump my thread in the morning and buy the time I get home its 10 pages back. I remember the early days of rctech. A for sale item would never leave the first page. Most of the time there were less than 200 people total online at once. Now theres more than that just in the for sale thread. I actually miss the early days of this site.
Old 12-02-2011, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Its all about timing... most ppl dont know how to use the search feature. I pay attention to how many ppl are viewing my ad and if no one looks at it then its just not a wanted item.. if it gets views then usually someone is waiting for a price drop or they are waiting to get paid. Dont worry Ive had lots of luck on here and its still a great place to buy and sell.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I haven't sold much stuff on here, but the items I have sold have never lasted longer than one week. Take your time and describe the item well, take some very good high resolution pictures of your item, pictures that if you were a buyer you would want to see right away. Make sure the pictures are in focus! My philosophy is that if the seller doesn't care enough to make his for sale pics in focus, then that's probably the attitude he had with his equipment and didn't care for it very much. Be sure to respond to emails in a timely manner, offer up any info you haven't already, and most importantly, just be honest with them!

In terms of your particular package, I would consider parting it out, sell the engine/pipe, chassis, and wheels/tires in their own threads. List a reasonable price for each, include OBO, and make the price include shipping costs as well. That way a buyer knows exactly how much it costs out the door. Don't worry, there's a butt for every seat!