R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   which truggy should i go for. (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/571918-truggy-should-i-go.html)

richieboy1111 11-26-2011 10:25 AM

which truggy should i go for.

Want to get a 1/8 nitro truggy that i can bash and maybe race whats best dont want to spend to much about $600-$700 whats the best, is there plenty of mods for it.

R/C Lidz 11-26-2011 04:10 PM

As a point of reference, most truggies, fully decked out, are pushin $1000-1500 once all is said and done.

The Losi 8T RTR is the best option going, followed by the RC8T RS

Kolunatic 11-26-2011 04:25 PM

Wait for the DNX408T:)

inferno13 11-26-2011 04:30 PM

D8T, strong enough to bash, good enough to race:nod:

rcmoe 11-26-2011 05:07 PM

RC8TCE. Built like a tank

tc5 man 11-26-2011 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by rcmoe (Post 9961272)
RC8TCE. Built like a tank

+1 it is i never broken anything even after nasty tumbles only bent rear hub hinge pins but that happens on some truggys.

I think its good enough for bashing.

But since this guy wants a rtr truggy im thinking losi is the best deal compared to the Rc8t rs.

madac 11-26-2011 06:02 PM

Are looking at spending $600-$700 on just the rolling frame? or are you looking at that for the roller, engine, servos, radios, charger, batteries, fuel and everything as well? If you want a good deal look at the for sale section they have some pretty wicked deals for rtr's and artr's. I would go with a Hot Bodies D8T good price and very durable.

FormulaOfSpeed 11-26-2011 06:16 PM

i priced a D8T build for myself, and it was still over a grand,lol

i would say the losi RTR, or this new Kyosho
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...-Engine-Type-1

drs92 11-26-2011 06:23 PM

Why not pick up a used mbx5-t roller for bashing.......
Then buy all new stuff for it, you'd have hell of a tough ride

Spads11 11-26-2011 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by R/C Lidz (Post 9961112)
As a point of reference, most truggies, fully decked out, are pushin $1000-1500 once all is said and done.

The Losi 8T RTR is the best option going, followed by the RC8T RS

The Losi is good for the money, but definitely budget for a good steering servo and move the stock steering back to the throttle at least. Ideally, buy two new ones of quality. I think you'll find the life of the stock throttle servo to be from 1 (mine) to about a gallon.

melonpeel 11-26-2011 07:38 PM

Losi 8T RTR is the way to go.

ScottyM 11-26-2011 10:14 PM

Ignore every suggestion until you decide if you're going to race it or bash it..

Because race trucks don't get bashed, and Bashers don't finish races..

If you going to Bash get a cheap RTR that you can get parts for. Thunder Tiger comes to mind. If you going to race it, put in some work find out what you're truelly going to need, then come back and find out what truck will fit your driving style best and/or the most popular truck at your track. The more popular the truck the more input on set ups, and more availability of parts should you be unlucky enough to break something..

delane74 11-26-2011 11:02 PM

^^^^

the thunder tiger st1 is a great starter truggy. ran mine for over a year and only broke a bumper. if not that than as others stated the d8t, which is what i run now. other brands are good too, if you want to spend more $$$$ and time dialing in...

yakfish 11-26-2011 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by ScottyM (Post 9962181)
Ignore every suggestion until you decide if you're going to race it or bash it..

Because race trucks don't get bashed, and Bashers don't finish races..

If you going to Bash get a cheap RTR that you can get parts for. Thunder Tiger comes to mind. If you going to race it, put in some work find out what you're truelly going to need, then come back and find out what truck will fit your driving style best and/or the most popular truck at your track. The more popular the truck the more input on set ups, and more availability of parts should you be unlucky enough to break something..

I will have to disagree with you on that. I have owned several different truggies. and in all honesty they are all good! I have had ones that were considered bashers and ones that are considered racers. they are all tough. you can beat the crap out of all of them and they will all handle great when setup properly.

to the OP... IMO you need to get one you can easily find parts for. go to your LHS and see what they carry. if they carry losi buy the Losi. If they carry Associated get the Associated. If they carry Mugen get the Mugen Ect... just stay away from off brands and you will be fine. If you are on a budget check out the used classified. you should have no problem getting all setup with a nice truggy for what you are wanting to spend. I just recently picked up a very nice MBX5T roller for $175 I probably have less than $400 in it now. but I had some of the things needed allready.

light 11-26-2011 11:31 PM

I've had my Xray XT8-09 2 years now and have only had a camber link bust after doing about 8 cartwheels. So don't over look this well built truggy

-=light=-