R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   New hong nor x3s (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/552202-new-hong-nor-x3s.html)

snowman6869 09-19-2011 02:58 AM

New hong nor x3s

What's8 everyone think?

speedy2 09-19-2011 03:47 AM

http://gallery.neobuggy.net/Site-Pho...840020_XDrVKcR

rossoh10 09-19-2011 09:47 AM

I think it's to little to late. They should of came out with this a longtime ago. This should of came out when the x2 did. We should be calling this the x2. No one I know runs hong nor/ jammin anymore. I still have my x2 CRT. I would have to think about it before buying this. I would be afraid jammin/ hong nor will leave us high and dry again like it did before. I can't feel comfortable investing money in a brand that I don't know if they will be around for support. I wish them luck. I also hope that they changed the plastics. Plastics on the x2 wore out to fast

-R2- 09-19-2011 12:50 PM

Hong Nor has never left the game only Jammin name went away for the buggy, we still support part for the previous Jammin rides as I still run the X1 into a new look buggy and drives great as for plastics wearing fast don't know about that as I have changed chassis quite a bit but the suspension parts like the arms have not been replaced, sure they have a little freeplay but a good cleaing of parts keeps the wear down. As for the new buggy, the talk around Rev is good, they like the look of the buggy so there is strong intrest in what it's going to drive like. I myself have been waiting for this since March and we'll be I'm sure a well driving car.

speedy2 09-19-2011 12:51 PM

I find it to be a design with no highlights, very plain and dull
and nowadays in this market you need some originality to attract buyers..
but the buggy on his own, could be good ofcourse

xxxntwv 09-19-2011 04:17 PM

I think the market is already flooded with too many brands.I would say that it will be hard to get parts for as most distributers don't want to carry parts for every car out there.I would have to believe that support in the U.S. will be little too none.

merdith6 09-19-2011 04:45 PM

Cool

I think it looks like a great buggy....

Keep in mind Hong Nor has been around a loooong time.

My first nitro buggy was a Hong Nor HODR...the first of the LX ultra buggies... It lasted forever....

TX_Punisher 09-19-2011 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by merdith6 (Post 9678228)
My first nitro buggy was a Hong Nor HODR...the first of the LX ultra buggies... It lasted forever....

Damn. That had to have been in like, '94?

stallen50 09-19-2011 04:55 PM

Looks similar to the serpent buggy from what i can tell

rossoh10 09-19-2011 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by -R2- (Post 9677266)
Hong Nor has never left the game only Jammin name went away for the buggy, we still support part for the previous Jammin rides as I still run the X1 into a new look buggy and drives great as for plastics wearing fast don't know about that as I have changed chassis quite a bit but the suspension parts like the arms have not been replaced, sure they have a little freeplay but a good cleaing of parts keeps the wear down. As for the new buggy, the talk around Rev is good, they like the look of the buggy so there is strong intrest in what it's going to drive like. I myself have been waiting for this since March and we'll be I'm sure a well driving car.

All im saying is hong nor/ jammin is old news. If ofna supports the product line like you say how come Tim Bump hasn't made a extended X2 CRT bump chassis. He makes chassis's for everything else. He even makes a bump chassis for the Losi. Like I said I wish them well with the new buggy. I would consider running the new buggy "if" there is going to support. Not just parts support. Information support as well. This has always been a problem since the X2's release.

rc skyline 09-20-2011 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by merdith6 (Post 9678228)
I think it looks like a great buggy....

Keep in mind Hong Nor has been around a loooong time.

+1

From what i have seen of Hong Nor in the past they have allways been strong performers. I personally would buy this buggy anyday over all the no namers that have come out of nowear the past 12 months or so,

Dave

-R2- 09-20-2011 08:59 AM

I'm sure the buggy will have good intrest after it gets here to the states, it's good to see HN get back in it and have a new car vs. the X2 still looking like the X1 that was the disappointment when people saw the X2 and just jumped ship, I didn't blame them I was not impressed myself esp. when the X2 truggy had way more features than the buggy. X3 will shine and bring back customers that like strong performers the X1 was impressive back in it's day, X3 will bring back performance with the newer designs of today.

tony montana 09-20-2011 09:41 AM

I miss the jammin days they were a good platform and they had a great team

turboken 09-20-2011 01:55 PM

why did jammin leave ?

i had the first jammin buggy and i di very good with it and cheap parts straight from hong nor chasis cost $35 bucks!!!! 4 bucks to ship!!! what went wrong with jammin! i still run his pipes

b-man777 09-20-2011 02:42 PM

Hey all: I do agree that the market is saturated ,but since jammin is now gone hong nor has taken over to release the x3 which may look simple ,but at least it's a proven design. I will admit the x3 is long overdo as the x2-cr was getting long in the tooth as they say. Also is Jay Halsey out of the rc business now? Thanks :spidey: