Like Tree2Likes

New hong nor x3s

Old 09-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xxxntwv View Post
I think the market is already flooded with too many brands.I would say that it will be hard to get parts for as most distributers don't want to carry parts for every car out there.I would have to believe that support in the U.S. will be little too none.
Oh you mean like Horizon? Just cuz you left without telling anyone doesn't mean you should knock something new from them....
Old 09-20-2011, 05:17 PM
Tech Regular

nice looking buggy and reading on neobugg it has won in asia already.. i love my x2 and i have the pbs front end ... that was a upgrade on the x1-x2 wonder why the x3 does not have pbs ?
Old 09-20-2011, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jube View Post
Oh you mean like Horizon? Just cuz you left without telling anyone doesn't mean you should knock something new from them....
I mean like any distributor that most hobby shops use.You know I didnt leave without telling anyone.I never got a reply when I left.I'm not knocking anything I'm just stateing the facts.Myself I'm a poor bastard and don't like having to take 3 cars worth of parts to the track just incase you have a crappy weekend no matter how good or bad it may be.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I don't believe Hong Nor will be released in the U.S. Jammin' was in charge of that and I believe that they aren't importing anymore.
So yes, parts support could be a huge question.

As for Distributors, everyone knows that Horizon and Great Planes are the biggest in this country. If they don't carry it, I don't need it.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Horizon

go to their website they don't have jack...and their prices are terrible....

The most unorganized company Ive ever seen.....
Old 09-20-2011, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Greg B View Post
I don't believe Hong Nor will be released in the U.S. Jammin' was in charge of that and I believe that they aren't importing anymore.
So yes, parts support could be a huge question.

As for Distributors, everyone knows that Horizon and Great Planes are the biggest in this country. If they don't carry it, I don't need it.
You know that the Jammin! name was basically just a sticker on a package made by Hong Nor and imported/distributed by OFNA right? The X3 is definitely coming to the states... Jammin! never imported anything as it was just a brand name...
Old 09-21-2011, 04:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ghost68 View Post
You know that the Jammin! name was basically just a sticker on a package made by Hong Nor and imported/distributed by OFNA right? The X3 is definitely coming to the states... Jammin! never imported anything as it was just a brand name...
I understand that Jammin' was the U.S name and Jammin' Jay isn't involved anymore. Regardless, I'm not getting one but wish them all the luck.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by merdith6 View Post
go to their website they don't have jack...and their prices are terrible....

The most unorganized company Ive ever seen.....
You mean one of the largest. Horizon doesn't need it all as they have there own.
Prices are set for one reason. Horizon doesn't compete against the stores they sell to.
When you see other retailers selling Losi or Spektrum products, where do you think it comes from?
Old 09-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The Hong Nor X3 Sabre will be sold here in the states.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b-man777 View Post
Hey all: I do agree that the market is saturated ,but since jammin is now gone hong nor has taken over to release the x3 which may look simple ,but at least it's a proven design. I will admit the x3 is long overdo as the x2-cr was getting long in the tooth as they say. Also is Jay Halsey out of the rc business now? Thanks
I wouldnt count him out yet... Maybe not for awile, years or even longer but Jay in my opinion was one of the guys that helped the hobby grow... He's been in it for awile and once its in your blood its always in your blood.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 09-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rossoh10 View Post
All im saying is hong nor/ jammin is old news. If ofna supports the product line like you say how come Tim Bump hasn't made a extended X2 CRT bump chassis? He makes chassis's for everything else. He even makes a bump chassis for the Losi. Like I said I wish them well with the new buggy. I would consider running the new buggy "if" there is going to support. Not just parts support. Information support as well. This has always been a problem since the X2's release.

Can I get a ofna rep to respond to this please? Inquiring minds would like to hear from you.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rossoh10 View Post
Can I get a ofna rep to respond to this please? Inquiring minds would like to hear from you.
Jay was the man to make the changes for the Jammin rides since it was his name carrying the product and he decided not to do the chassis length. As for Mr. Bump he was the r&d for the Hypers, chassis are some thing that he is doing himself not thru Hobao. Same as for the Nexx8 he did not want to make a longer chassis for it, he thought it was good enough for a chassis not to be made. Now Hong Nor will make changes on their own if upgrading is needing as the car needs it but of course there are only a few cars out right now testing and they are trying to make it right for now to make it as best as it can be before the release, if they have any hiccups they want to make sure it's very very minor or nothing. I have been begging for the car to come months ago to test but they were very firm on having it right. So will be ready when it's here and knowing it will be strong like its previous model.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedy2 View Post

I like it, the throttle linkage/brake setup and diff mounts layed horizontal resembles the JQ setup a bit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyHqGHriLxA (if this is the real buggy)
Old 09-21-2011, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

I know there are alot of surprizes we can't see, so oooos and ahhh's will continue as more pics continue to show online. I like the tank is routed like the X2 truggy was for the fuel lines, instead of lines jumping around and being zip-tied and looped all over the place.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service