Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Intech BR5 Evo

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 09:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RockStar_199
Good on the Amain there Ed where are the results posted?
Mark I am not sure if Carlton is going to post it.I looked at the overall after the race and didn't bother to snag them the clipboards. Ryan Lutz won though.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Mark/Ed

Take a look at www.mikeshobbyshop.com for the results. Pretty cool how the race was run.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonw
Mark/Ed

Take a look at www.mikeshobbyshop.com for the results. Pretty cool how the race was run.
Here you go:
http://www.mikeshobbyshop.com/index....texas-shootout
Old 11-23-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rfleck
Thanks Jon W., Ron, yep agree interesting format how the race was run and then combined to give an overall result.
Old 11-23-2011, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A full race race report will go out soon, we have been so busy...
Intech sent a very nice thank you for all the team guys....

I posted it on our Facebook page.

Thanks again guys!!
Old 11-23-2011, 03:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by IntechRacer5
Mark I am not sure if Carlton is going to post it.I looked at the overall after the race and didn't bother to snag them the clipboards. Ryan Lutz won though.
I'm working on how to get the report so everyone is placed in order then I can post it. I have info from Doug on how to do it in the system just have to get Mike to try it since it's on his computer.
Old 11-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would like to Thank Russ, Hunter, Shawn, Eddie and Bobby for all the help and support at the Texas Off-Road Shootout. Special thanks to Russ & Intech for the opportunity. These are the days leading up to my first race & the race itself.

Texas Off-road Shootout
This was my first race with the Intech BR5. I received the buggy only 4 days before the race was to begin. The week was rough on me. I worked 67 hours, plus had to find time to build the BR5. I quickly found that it was pretty simple and fun to assemble. I had the kit together and ready to go by 11pm Thursday night.

Practice day Friday 11/18/2011
This was my first time on any track with the BR5. I had no time to get a body, so I went with luxurious white. The buggy fell right into my hands on my first tank of fuel. I struggled with rear grip, but knew what adjustments to make. The 2nd tank was a ton better. It felt like I had been driving this car all year. Throughout the day the car kept getting faster; the more I pushed it the more it responded. I must say I am really surprised how the BR5 responded to small changes.

Qualifying Day Saturday 11/19/2011
In the 1st Qualifier the buggy was just the same as I left it the night before. I had a steering servo going in and out on me but managed to push through that. 2nd Qualifier was better servo fixed so I could drive it all out. This was my best round; the buggy was fast. It would do anything I wanted. 3rd Qualifier was under the lights. This track had a bit of a shadow, although I usually do well at night. I had a little trouble with my timing, however, and still managed a pretty good run.

Main day
I ended up qualifying in the B main starting 5th. First lap was good; ended up settling in the 5th position about 5 seconds behind 3rd and 4th. The buggy was running good and I knew I could trust it enough to run the 25min main on the edge. I planned on making fuel stop around the 7 minute mark. However, after 5 minutes of racing, I ran out at start finish line. I was fired back up and ran 7th where I finished. The Intech BR5 Still ran great after the early flame and I was pushing real hard to catch up. I am still puzzled about the flame, as the rest of the 20 minutes I was making my fuel window. Overall I was very pleased with how the buggy performed and I am excited to continue improving with this buggy. Thanks to Intech for a great product!

Aaron Simmons
Old 11-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Texas Offroad Shootout

Friday (Practice)11-18-2K11
Got on the track after lunch, track was still loose from the fresh rebuild so decided to go ahead and run some fresh VP Pro Axemen. I was for the most part getting around the track pretty well. A little loose, and wasn't digging the 6k in the front so I decided to go back and drop down to 5k in the front. After a couple of changes and a motor swap. I got back out on the track and was very happy with the results. So I decided to stay with the 5k in the front. I ran full droop front and rear. Diff setup 5,4,3

Saturday (Qualifiers)11-19-2K11 (Beautiful Blue skies,birds chirping,smell of cheap hotel Shampoo blowing through the breeze)
Qualifiers went ok, they 7min quals, I struggled a bit with needing to drive a little bit more aggressive and picked up my pace in the 3rd Qual and had moved up into 3rd and made a mistake and wound up 5th I believe which overall qualified 7th in the 25 min. B-main on Sunday. My BR-5 was excellent, just a few mistakes on my part kept me from qualifying better.

Sunday (Mains) 11-20-2K11
I got the track early Sunday Morning, and immediately got on the track as I wanted to change my pipe out and check my fuel mileage. I leaned my motor out a couple of hours on top and Bryan gave me the go ahead that it was good to go.
As the main started I shot up to the front and decided to go ahead and go for the triple and see if I could get a top 3 position immediately. I wound up tangling with another driver over the triple and it cost me, but I kept charging and was able to get into 5th , and pretty much stayed there for the remainder of the race. Overall I wound up in 9th place, Pro Buggy A-main and was pretty happy with that, as this being my second Pro race. I wound up running Vp Pro Turbotrax MF for the main and they became little loose towards the end of the race. But every race is a learning experience with the BR-5 and looking forward to the next one. Thanks to Russ,Hunter and whole Intech team. Had a great time.

Eddie G.
Old 11-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey guys I want to chime in on my experience with my buggy. Well let me back up. I am actually borrowing a kit I got from Shawn. BIG THANKS to him. I did how ever add the extended chassis and parts needed to convert it over. On similar lines if not for Shawn I would not have had the chance to have a buggy for this race. But I want to thank Hunter and Russ for not being such good friends but great sponsors and reps as well, and with the team they have assembled so far I think that we can take this kit to a big level.

Now onto the Shoot Out.....
I arrived Friday night to late to get any run time in. So I waited til Sat. morning. Shawn and I arrived and got me on the track and after several attempts to get my motor tuned in we decided to do a motor swap. And by the time we had finished the swap it was to late for some hot laps.

First heat although not alot of run time with the buggy and this being the first time I have driven a buggy in a racing situation in about 3 yrs, I felt that I did well. I know that right now I am not the greatest driver but I am mainly out to have fun. But as for the preformance of the buggy it felt planted and seemed to liked to be not only pushed but pushed hard, also it had plenty of turning on and off power. Although my tire choice was not the best for the first heat I was happy with the way it felt.

Second heat I changed tires to Pro Line Revolvers and then it felt better. The buggy would hold it's place and went pretty much where ever I pointed it. Coming into the straight away this thing would shoot out like a rocket and going into the first turn I would give the brakes a slight tap to set-up for the turn and it would zig zag through the line I followed and then across the tripple it would fly like a plane. ALTHOUGH the wind was a factor it was not a wise decesion to try to clear the triple but on the couple times I tried it with a bump of the breaks it would settle into the landing and ready to go. Turning the buggy felt planted to as said earlier it would go either on or off power depending on how hard I went into the turn.

Third heat. I can honestly say I felt more comfortable pushing the buggy harder with pretty much the same results as the second heat.

Mains, well what can I say? I made the big perverbable boo boo by not checking all the screws the night before at the hotel while servicing my kit. In warm up I lost a lower c-hub screw which put me out of the start. But thanks to Carlton Epps and Russ for getting me back together while I kept the motor running they managed to get me back into the race either 1 or 2 laps down. I knew there was no way I would win so I just got out in the mind set to finish the race. And with the time of day the motor really came in and with the set-up and the motor this thing was crazy good!! Running down the straight I could not only catch but pass traffic in what I was hoping would be making up laps. Whether I did or not I don't know. To be honest I was not worried about my finish position I was actually having to much fun to care.

In all I was extremely happy with the buggy and feel I made a great choice in a kit to make a return to 1/8 scale buggy racing. And look forward to the next race I run with it. I will be spending alot of time at my local race track getting wheel time hopefully getting better with it. Russ, Hunter and the rest of the team I look forward to racing and cutting up with everyone over the next year!!!!
Old 11-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by IntechRacer5

Saturday (Qualifiers)11-19-2K11 (Beautiful Blue skies,birds chirping,smell of cheap hotel Shampoo blowing through the breeze)

well we know the smell was not coming from your head....LMAO
Old 11-24-2011, 09:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

I gotta say first... Thanks to Intech for developing this buggy! Its durability and wear has been tested over and over in my hands alone. I simply cannot do anything wrong with it. Thanks also to New Generation, Russ and Hunter for bringing this buggy and putting together a great team!

As for the Texas Off Road Shootout........

This was my first weekend running in the Expert/Open class.. I was a bit intimidated going in and frankly I still am... Practice on Friday went good. Once I decided on a few tire choices I started to make a few chassis changes. The biggest improvement I noticed was the suggestion by Eddie to lower my anti-squat. I was pleasantly surprised and what a big difference this made. I spent quite a bit of time on the track just trying to learn the timing and lines on the track.

Round 1 of qualifying started and I went with my gut and ran AKA Grid Irons in a soft compound. The buggy felt good and my main goal was just to run clean and consistent lines. I did feel like I needed a little more rear bite so I made a roll center adjustment for round 2.

For Round 2 I stayed with the same tire and the buggy was almost perfect for what I wanted. It had great turn in and really squared up nicely on power. I did feel that throughout this heat and as the groove set in and cleaned up that I was losing some traction.

Round 3 I decided to make a tire change but made no changes to the chassis. The buggy was a lot better running the Impacts on the cleaner groove. I ended up qualifying 9th in the B Main.

Overnight in the hotel I pulled a full shock and diff service and went back to exactly what I ran during qualifiers. I felt really good, besides a foot killing me when we called it a night.

Mains Day.... It appeared that there was a light rain/heavy dew overnight. My main was Race 9 so I knew the track would come around. During race 7 it appeared that the groove was somewhat dusty and not as clean as the day before. I opted to go back to the Grid Irons. The main started really clean and I quickly found myself making my normal bonehead mistake of pushing way too hard. I made a lot of stupid mistakes and finally settled down around my second stop. I cleaned up my driving but realized that either I had burnt the tires up or had made the wrong selection. After my 3rd pit stop I had a flameout. My pit crew got me refired and I finished in 9th.

My whole goal this weekend was to finish every round and have fun. Both of which I completed!! Thanks to Carlton and Troy for the pit work, Russ for starting me and the whole team for putting up with me....

In the right hands this buggy is a serious contender! New Generation has the best customer service, as they are racers themselves! Intech has a very bright future in this industry and will listen to what its customers want!
Old 11-25-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bobbyc1127
well we know the smell was not coming from your head....LMAO
Ha ha ..true that
Old 11-26-2011, 03:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

My diffs are leaking oil, what other brands orings fit the diffs, its hard to get to get intech parts in my part of the world ..
Attached Thumbnails 2011 Intech BR5 Evo-inttech.jpg  
Old 11-26-2011, 07:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by revsinc
My diffs are leaking oil, what other brands orings fit the diffs, its hard to get to get intech parts in my part of the world ..
The Kyosho diff O-rings(ORG06) or O'Donnell Z01B(ODOC1740) will fit.

BTW what are thoses shock and springs you using?
Old 11-26-2011, 08:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Roy G
The Kyosho diff O-rings(ORG06) or O'Donnell Z01B(ODOC1740) will fit.

BTW what are thoses shock and springs you using?
They look like the BR5 Pro shocks... In fact the front and rear towers are the Pro towers... Springs Im not sure of.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.