Search

2011 Intech BR5 Evo

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burnettk
is their an electric conversion yet

I believe one is being worked on. I did do a conversion some time ago though. Its not really hard to do but it just wasnt the layout I wanted. I used a Caster motor mount and modified the front center diff mount a little. This placed the motor on the right rear side like all the other EBuggies.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

is their an electric conversion yet
I spoke with the owner yesterday and it is in the works, when I find out more detail it will be past along....
Old 10-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JamminSP
I believe one is being worked on. I did do a conversion some time ago though. Its not really hard to do but it just wasnt the layout I wanted. I used a Caster motor mount and modified the front center diff mount a little. This placed the motor on the right rear side like all the other EBuggies.
do you have pictures i currently have a intech but im wanting an ebuggy nitro is getting expensive i would like to do the conversion
Old 10-05-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

do you have pictures i currently have a intech but im wanting an ebuggy nitro is getting expensive i would like to do the conversion

The center diff top plate I want to remake out of CF but its something I had laying around.....

That was a mock up that took me all of around 20 minutes to do...
Old 10-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

where can i order that motor mount how were u plannin on attaching the battery
Old 10-10-2011, 07:14 AM
Tech Initiate

Like to start by thanking Russ for giving me a chance to race the evo! i have one weekend in the books and love the car so far. Built the car to fast(should never do that), easy car to build, each section bagged correctly, good instructions, great fit and finish. Cars over all handling is very good with the kits set up, good turn in but not to loose off the corners, jumps great both distance, and angle of attack(easy to raise and lower the nose in the air.) also the car has a very free drive train(pulls wonderfully off the corners). Nothing broke or fell off(well that was not my mistake). more to come as the set-up evolves. tim
Old 10-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Tazio Nuvolari
Like to start by thanking Russ for giving me a chance to race the evo! i have one weekend in the books and love the car so far. Built the car to fast(should never do that), easy car to build, each section bagged correctly, good instructions, great fit and finish. Cars over all handling is very good with the kits set up, good turn in but not to loose off the corners, jumps great both distance, and angle of attack(easy to raise and lower the nose in the air.) also the car has a very free drive train(pulls wonderfully off the corners). Nothing broke or fell off(well that was not my mistake). more to come as the set-up evolves. tim
Tim you are quite welcome.
You will be a great representitive for Intech and Us.
Please feel free and check out Tim in the Wisconsin area!
He is a great guy!
Welcome aboard!
Russ
Old 10-10-2011, 05:55 PM
Tech Master

Got my kit together and will be getting my engine broke in...going to spend alot of time in the off season running this thing around the track and working with Hunter and Russ and Shawn in finding me a set-up and plan on along with Shawn going in and dominating in the West Louisana, and East Texas tracks...

Big thanks to Russ and Hunter for becoming good friends and putting up with my jokes and letting me become a member of a group of really great guys....
Old 10-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default Tx RcPro Series Finals

Hey guys,
Just wanted to say it was nice meeting Russ, Hunter, Shawn, Bobby and Eddie this past weekend and getting together with you guys. I was so looking forward on getting lots of run time with this buggy, but mother nature held many of us from doing that.

It was nice to see many driving skills with this buggy, I was impressed on how Hunter was able wheel the buggy around and get nice results and can see this has great potential. I for one was able get around the track fairly easy during practice and had a mishap during first qual with a reciever failing on me, so I went ahead and repair it and was able get a full run time during second qualifyer and get a nice lap run with a few mess ups, the track was nice, fast and smooth and was looking to be a great race weekend if we didnt get rain, but oh well it was fun for the moment.

I want to thank you guys for helping me out this weekend and seeing what set-ups most you guys run, this way I can gather some more info from track to track.(post up your set-ups).

Over all the buggy handled great for me and no troubles thru-out practice on Friday and the few quals Saturday.

BTW Russ, if and when you get the updated chassis put my name on one.

I see you guys during the rest of the year, Roy
Old 10-10-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Roy G
Hey guys,
Just wanted to say it was nice meeting Russ, Hunter, Shawn, Bobby and Eddie this past weekend and getting together with you guys. I was so looking forward on getting lots of run time with this buggy, but mother nature held many of us from doing that.

It was nice to see many driving skills with this buggy, I was impressed on how Hunter was able wheel the buggy around and get nice results and can see this has great potential. I for one was able get around the track fairly easy during practice and had a mishap during first qual with a reciever failing on me, so I went ahead and repair it and was able get a full run time during second qualifyer and get a nice lap run with a few mess ups, the track was nice, fast and smooth and was looking to be a great race weekend if we didnt get rain, but oh well it was fun for the moment.

I want to thank you guys for helping me out this weekend and seeing what set-ups most you guys run, this way I can gather some more info from track to track.(post up your set-ups).

Over all the buggy handled great for me and no troubles thru-out practice on Friday and the few quals Saturday.

BTW Russ, if and when you get the updated chassis put my name on one.

I see you guys during the rest of the year, Roy
Roy it was good meeting you too...look forward to working with you as well...now all we got to do is brainwash...I mean make you realize that your using the wrong motor...LOL
Old 10-10-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

where can i order that motor mount how were u plannin on attaching the battery

The mount I used was from an old Caster EX-1 kit I had. Another gentleman did a conversion also and said the Hot Bodies D8 mount would work. He sad some modifications needed to be made but it was nothing major.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Welcome to the team Tim!

Roy it was great meeting you and Ed both! I look forward to sharing more tips and tricks and setups with everyone on the team. Im working on a "new" setup so I will post that after this coming weekends testing. Maybe at the National Finals Russ wont forget the team picture.... LOL

One thing I will share as a tip/trick is a way to cut down the wear and smooth the brakes out. I did it on the Pro kit that Bobby has and noticed a huge difference in wear and performance. Simply switch from the stock brake cam bushings to 5x8 flanged bearings in the center diff top plate. The plastic bushings wear the brake cams some but the bearings eliminate that and smooth out the brake travel alot!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Tech Initiate

I finally got the time to finish the new buggy yesterday. It was a pleasure to build. A little bit of hand fitting on the arms but nothing too drastic. the car looks sweet I cant wait to try it out. Hopefully the weather gets nice enough soon so I can run it.I plan on running this buggy alot so I will be posting my setups as soon as I have a chance to run the car.

I would also like to thank Russ Kinsey for giving me the opportunity to run the buggy this year. Im very excited to represent Intech here in the pacific northwest.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:52 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JamminSP
Welcome to the team Tim!

Roy it was great meeting you and Ed both! I look forward to sharing more tips and tricks and setups with everyone on the team. Im working on a "new" setup so I will post that after this coming weekends testing. Maybe at the National Finals Russ wont forget the team picture.... LOL

One thing I will share as a tip/trick is a way to cut down the wear and smooth the brakes out. I did it on the Pro kit that Bobby has and noticed a huge difference in wear and performance. Simply switch from the stock brake cam bushings to 5x8 flanged bearings in the center diff top plate. The plastic bushings wear the brake cams some but the bearings eliminate that and smooth out the brake travel alot!
SABOTAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by zebs124
I finally got the time to finish the new buggy yesterday. It was a pleasure to build. A little bit of hand fitting on the arms but nothing too drastic. the car looks sweet I cant wait to try it out. Hopefully the weather gets nice enough soon so I can run it.I plan on running this buggy alot so I will be posting my setups as soon as I have a chance to run the car.

I would also like to thank Russ Kinsey for giving me the opportunity to run the buggy this year. Im very excited to represent Intech here in the pacific northwest.
Welcome to the team Ross!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.