Search

2011 Intech BR5 Evo

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bobbyc1127
you ever think you ask to many questions? LOL

Never can ask too many questions.........
Old 09-12-2011, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by max_chen
BR5 EVO original CF tower by front is 22.5g and rear is 28g.

TY Max
Old 09-14-2011, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Shipment is inbound from customs
Old 09-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah Buddy!
Old 09-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

SHIPMENT IN !!
Old 09-15-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Default BR5 manual online

We have uploaded the BR5 EVO manual on the Intechracing usa website,
just follow the link,
http://www.intechracing-usa.com/

Old 09-15-2011, 08:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Russ Kinsey
SHIPMENT IN !!
Thanks for the updates Russ, was great finally talking to you.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Build

In the process of building the kit guys, pretty much done for the most part just tying up some loose ends such as linkages etc. Ready to get this buggy to the track and do some setup and testing.
Old 09-19-2011, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by IntechRacer5
In the process of building the kit guys, pretty much done for the most part just tying up some loose ends such as linkages etc. Ready to get this buggy to the track and do some setup and testing.
Pictures?
Old 09-19-2011, 09:38 PM
Tech Adept

Default Progress

Just wanted to post how things are going.

For one the kit is rather easy to follow and assemble. The machining is nice, I can see this will kit will take the abuse.
The plastic looks and feel very durable, based on how the wrenching went, good thing for tips with handles.

I was finally able get everything assembled and today my reciever battery arrived and able get a mild test drive noticing the acceleration and turning radius, which I can see the response this gives.

I plan to fine tune the angles (which wont take much) and finish my set-up for this weekend race. Plans are to go track Wednesday and burn some fuel.

Hey Russ, Did you know the body came clear,,,LOL haha. well gotta see what colors I come up with as the week ends..

Over all I am please with this build ,and plan to work on the option parts(already have my parts list) once I run the stock for a few races.
Old 09-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Test

Alright guys, I have finally got on the track with the BR-5, my first impressions very stable buggy, great acceleration, I was running my own setup so I had to go down in the rear diff -1000. So that put me at 6,5,4 , with 35 front (Purple Spings)and 32.5(Purple Springs) in the rear shocks. Overall I felt very comfortable, I have a couple of more changes I want to try, but I ran out of time so I will give it another go tomorrow. Track was muddy in some areas but was able to get around pretty well. I will post again tomorrow the new changes I am trying.
Old 09-20-2011, 07:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well guys... My EVO Kit arrived today... Started the assembly this evening. Im at the point now where all that is left is the radio tray and engine 2 hours after starting. This went together exactly as my Pro kits did and that was easy. I did opt for all the lightweight parts. It is a very very noticable weight difference. By tomorrow evening this time I should have it completed, off the Hudy and ready for the track. Im basically running Hunter's setup on my Pro kit but will probably do a few things different on the EVO as its lighter than Hunters at the moment. Possibly blue springs and a little lighter shock oils...
Old 09-21-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Test

Guys went back out to the track again today after some changes I made. I actually ran the battery forward and was amazed at the difference this made, more steering and was very happy how settled the car felt. Track still had a little water on it, surprised it hadn't dried up yet. Overall I settled on 6,5,4 diff oil 35 wt. Associated oil Front and rear (Purple Springs all the way around) 1.3 pistons. Still have some other stuff I want to try, so I will post full setup, once I am done. Good times.
Old 09-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Had the first race on the Evo yesterday. Overall I am very happy with the new kit. Having run the Pro since Feb. it was a much welcome change. I opted for all the light weight drive train parts which was a very good choice. The buggy reacts very quickly and under power spools extremely fast. We ran the I 20 Series finals yesterday in Shreveport, La. The buggy handled well for its first time out.

The track was hard for me to get a handle on. Its kind of odd because it is my local track. I didnt have the best qualifying runs and ended up 7th for the main. I was under the impression there were 3 rounds of quals so I made some changes (roll centers, tires, brake bias) but there were only 2 rounds. Got off to a decent start in the main. Within a couple minutes I lost a front tire due to either bad glue or the one gluing them up. This made the buggy extremely unpredictable but I continued. After losing all 4 tires, taking a hard head on hit on the front stretch (sent the Kyosho home in a box) and being frustrated I pulled off the track with about 16 minutes remaining. Ended up 7th in the main.

Everyone has a bad day and yesterday was mine. The buggy is awesome and that is continually being proven by Hunter!!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 06:05 PM
Tech Regular

We had a good time at the finals for the I 20 series in Shreveport.
We tried some CNC 8 hole pistons that we had in 2nd qualifer, along with the Intech tires.
The slight changes allow Hunter to set TQ.
During the main the track really dried out but never grooved up so the tieres didnt allow enough side bite so Denver and Hunter battled it out for 45 minutes and Denver took the win.
It was fun !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.