Wiki Posts
Search

OFNA ULTRA LX 1 rear center dog bone keeps bending

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 04:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)
Default OFNA ULTRA LX 1 rear center dog bone keeps bending

I have an LX-1 that i let my daughter and friends drive when they want to go bashing with me. the problem is almost every time i go out, the rear center dog bone gets bent. is there any other dogbone that is stronger that will work?

any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The thing is to much chassi flex. You need too get a better rear brace and make sure the mount on the rear case is not messed up. Some of the plastic parts just bend way to much. By now there's got to be a bow in the frame too. You need to strip it down and put a strat edge on it and check, you can get it back spot on just take your time 'couse if you go to far it's trashed. And look at the drive cups and make sure there not worn out. Plus you can bend the shaffs back just go slow and check 'em alot. PM me if you need to know more.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Working Man
The thing is to much chassi flex. You need too get a better rear brace and make sure the mount on the rear case is not messed up. Some of the plastic parts just bend way to much. By now there's got to be a bow in the frame too. You need to strip it down and put a strat edge on it and check, you can get it back spot on just take your time 'couse if you go to far it's trashed. And look at the drive cups and make sure there not worn out. Plus you can bend the shaffs back just go slow and check 'em alot. PM me if you need to know more.
thing is, i upgraded and put the 2.0 rear chassis brace on the 1.0 chassis. the dang thing still flexes like crazy. the drive cups look good, and that was good advise, i'll try to straighten out the driveshaft. it makes more sense than to keep throwing money away at new ones.

i noticed the j-car's rear driveshaft is the same length. i wonder if it's any stronger or will fit?

i'm also wondering if there's anything else i can do to get the chassis from flexing as much.

thanks for the help, much appreciated.
Old 08-24-2011, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would like to see an overhead picture of your car to see if we can see any problems.