Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By frewster

Team Associated using inferior screws

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2021, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default Team Associated using inferior screws

You know, one thing about not being “brand loyal” is that you’re able to build different kits and compare quality. After building kits from companies like HB, XRay, and Serpent, I never thought I would have to worry about kit screws. Now, I just started building an RC8b3.2 and these black “shiny” screws are stripping on me. The hex on the screws do not appear to be properly shaped nor deep enough. There is also no insignia on the screws. I’ve noticed many kits having “YES” on them? Does that sound right? Associated has nothing so I’m not sure what cheap vendor they went with. I called Team Associated’s CS and they never heard of anything wrong with their screws. He asked me what screw drivers I was using 😂..
Old 11-17-2021, 11:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LoudOne
You know, one thing about not being “brand loyal” is that you’re able to build different kits and compare quality. After building kits from companies like HB, XRay, and Serpent, I never thought I would have to worry about kit screws. Now, I just started building an RC8b3.2 and these black “shiny” screws are stripping on me. The hex on the screws do not appear to be properly shaped nor deep enough. There is also no insignia on the screws. I’ve noticed many kits having “YES” on them? Does that sound right? Associated has nothing so I’m not sure what cheap vendor they went with. I called Team Associated’s CS and they never heard of anything wrong with their screws. He asked me what screw drivers I was using 😂..
The plastic their fuel tanks is made out of too. I've had two so far crack around where the lid opens/closes.

I barely have two gallons of use between ALL THREE of my newer AE cars, RC8-B3, RC8-T3, & RC8T3.1

Now sizing up how to make Mugen tanks work.
Old 11-17-2021, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

YFS is one of the major fastener manufacturers.
LoudOne likes this.
Old 11-17-2021, 04:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frewster
YFS is one of the major fastener manufacturers.
There you go, thank you.. I was close 😂.. good quality as well.