Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Team Associated RC8.2 Factory Team Kit is coming >

Team Associated RC8.2 Factory Team Kit is coming

Like Tree5Likes

Team Associated RC8.2 Factory Team Kit is coming

Old 05-09-2013, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

lol, im all for improvements on a platform, but dang, could he at least make them look just a little different than the Mp9 towers? lol. Same color and all. This is surprising to me. I would be embarrased to go the track with those towers and shocks on my car with the way they are in the pics.

Hopefully if avid makes a production piece, they will have a different color to them and a slightly different look.

Last edited by ovalracer1m; 05-09-2013 at 06:48 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There k on that pic for sure. And if they are who really cares ? I tried the k shocks and they with out doubt felt better especially on ruts. There is a reason why all the pros run them.not embarrassing at all. Now what is embarrassing is kyosho guys laughing at Ae guys for using k parts and Ryan and Ryan are almost always top 3 or 5 almost everywhere they race.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Are the Ryan's running the K shocks with the 3rd hole mod???? With the buggy Kshocks and the 3rd hole mod the buggy loses to much down travel. I guess since they run mostly smooth tracks they can get away with it.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by carpet Carlos View Post
There k on that pic for sure. And if they are who really cares ? I tried the k shocks and they with out doubt felt better especially on ruts. There is a reason why all the pros run them.not embarrassing at all. Now what is embarrassing is kyosho guys laughing at Ae guys for using k parts and Ryan and Ryan are almost always top 3 or 5 almost everywhere they race.

I and many others care.

Both Ryans are extremely skilled. Most is driver, not car. I can guarantee you that.

Everyone has there own take on it, some care and some it doesnt bother at all. My rant is over, IMO just disappointing to see
Old 05-09-2013, 08:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ovalracer1m View Post
I and many others care.

Both Ryans are extremely skilled. Most is driver, not car. I can guarantee you that.

My rant is over, just disappointing to see
I would agree that both the Ryans are extremely skilled as are most of the A-main Pros. If you really look at the RC8.2 it has a lot in common with the MP9 as do so many of the 8th scale vehicles on the market. A lot of people use Kyosho parts are their vehicles for performance reasons. I do not find this at all a knock against the RC8.2 at all. I am using Kyosho springs and bladders only on my vehicle but also have Lunsford, Avid, and other parts on it. I had my car so well tuned for the last race and was still over 7% off pace with the Pros so driver skill is what really matters at the top level. I don't thing that Kyosho Shocks would have made me make up the 7% difference.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Tech Master

I and many others care.

Everyone has there own take on it, some care and some it doesnt bother at all. My rant is over, IMO just disappointing to see
Yeah dude trust me I know what your saying I felt the same way in the beginning ( worlds )but learned to give it up and yes I agree it's all about the driver. But every single Ae driver I met are running them. And you can't be mad at them
Old 05-09-2013, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

I agree, it does have alot in common and i agree that the Rc8.2 has come along ways and is pretty good currently. Although the car may not need these parts, I just cannot get over actually installing K towers and shocks. Maybe im over thinking it, but for me its over the line.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

I think it's all testing.
Old 05-09-2013, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

lol, im all for improvements on a platform, but dang, could he at least make them look just a little different than the Mp9 towers? lol. Same color and all. This is surprising to me. I would be embarrased to go the track with those towers and shocks on my car with the way they are in the pics.

Hopefully if avid makes a production piece, they will have a different color to them and a slightly different look.
They are silver because that's the color of raw aluminium. Like I said, they are one-offs.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:47 AM
Tech Addict

I agree, it does have alot in common and i agree that the Rc8.2 has come along ways and is pretty good currently. Although the car may not need these parts, I just cannot get over actually installing K towers and shocks. Maybe im over thinking it, but for me its over the line.
Let's be clear here. The towers on David Joor's car are not Kyosho parts. They were made for him by Avid so look to see a release maybe from Avid. If they look like Kyosho towers it may be cause David requested geometry like Kyosho. I asked him on FB and he replied with this detail.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomErickson View Post
Let's be clear here. The towers on David Joor's car are not Kyosho parts. They were made for him by Avid so look to see a release maybe from Avid. If they look like Kyosho towers it may be cause David requested geometry like Kyosho. I asked him on FB and he replied with this detail.
Also, David Joor is Avid. Just an FYI.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TomErickson View Post
Originally Posted by YANMAN View Post
Also, David Joor is Avid. Just an FYI.
Yep, David owns Avid. It's David, minus the D.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

As far as shocks on his car, those a AE stockers with HB caps.

Jeffro- Making my nitro debut this weekend at Yukon. Brrraaaaap!
Old 05-10-2013, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Got my d8 clunk tank mounted. Works great. Just a note to others if they are thinking about doing it. You'll have to open up your fuel window on your body a bit as the lid on these tanks are towards the back of them.
Old 05-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Have a used car with the Ghea toe plate. I have a bag for of pills and no way of knowing which does what.
Anyone have instructions I could print off ?

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service