Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WILL A REEDY 121VR-ST .21 WORK GOOD ON A LOSI 8IGHT T

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default WILL A REEDY 121VR-ST .21 WORK GOOD ON A LOSI 8IGHT T

I have a pro driver at the local track an he has a couple of REEDY MOTORS THE SILVER HEADS I think they both are 121vr-st unless they make different versions of that motor with silver heads i know they make a BLACK OR BLUE head but these are not that model....
my question is i can pick these motors up for $ 150.00 a piece an he says there new.... i tried turning over the crank an couldn't but there was not a fly wheel on it either,still i b leave them to be newish anyway if not brand new...
Will they push a truggy with no problem? (all the guys i race have .21 mills: ninjas,rossi,werks,arrow) mostly ninjas....SO, will this motor hang with these brands as far as top end i know the reedy should get good gas millage for it only is a 3 port ( i dont like that as much as having a 5 port) AN ALSO ITS MADE IN JAPAN OR CHINA I dont care for that either but maifield has no problem wining with his buggy but what a-bought for a truggy...
Old 07-12-2011, 02:57 PM
Tech Regular

Well first of all Maifield uses LRP engines nowadays.
And secondly, you probably dont care about that but putting a Reedy engine in a Losi is like putting a ford engine in a chevy

Im sure its a good engine though and most of the Team Associated team uses them in both truggy and buggy so.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Lilja
And secondly, you probably dont care about that but putting a Reedy engine in a Losi is like putting a ford engine in a chevy

Im sure its a good engine though and most of the Team Associated team uses them in both truggy and buggy so.
I Thought the same thing but the price is right...cant beat 150.00 for a 300.00 motor
Old 07-12-2011, 03:15 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lilja

Darn... stole my line.

They are great engines, and for $150 I'd run one in a grasshopper.

Old 07-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by devnull
Darn... stole my line.

hell yeah if u really think a-bought it people put mugen ninjas in any thing so to me for running in club races who cares ? if your going pro then yeah i would do it different but im not even close to that yet...it looks like a good motor i just reall wanted a Italian mill not a Japan mill
Old 07-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Tech Regular

Darn... stole my line.

Haha well Im a bit anal about engine/car mixes. Some combos just feels wrong
Old 07-12-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

Motor is very similar to the OS line for that price buy one you will have no power issues its the driver and how you lay the power down.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
Motor is very similar to the OS line for that price buy one you will have no power issues its the driver and how you lay the power down.
GOOD... I think for club races it doenst really matter a-bought car/engine mixes its a-bought who gets to the end first... an my first choice was a os but i dont have the money for a os yet so i can get these motors on a payment plan an always sell them latter an upgrade to the brands i am really wanting...least that was my plan...i dont think anyone at the club really cares what brand u have in what unless your really a pro at it...im just getting back in it so i just want a really good motor so im happy to here that they are comparable to OS...
Old 07-12-2011, 03:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

anyone know what the difference between the REEDY 121VR blue an silver heads are

Last edited by jbraddock; 07-12-2011 at 03:54 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Darn... stole my line.

NEVER MIND it looks like the silver has a balanced an epoxy filled crank an is the newer version the blue is the older version an isnt modified like the silver head...these look like awesome engines its making me sick i cant go get it right now...i can always put it on my buggy if its not as fast on my truggy but i think it will be fine if it runs as good as it looks...for $150.00 i dont see how i can go wrong hell i could just flip them an still come out on top....and i can always sell one to (devnull)for his grasshopper...lol haha
Old 07-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

You will have ZERO problems with power from a reedy....

I have a STOCK blue head one in my t 2.0 and it hangs with a modded novarossi 21-4C engine in a mbx6t that a buddy of mine runs but his does get better fuel mileage.....
Old 07-12-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MattP
You will have ZERO problems with power from a reedy....

I have a STOCK blue head one in my t 2.0 and it hangs with a modded novarossi 21-4C engine in a mbx6t that a buddy of mine runs but his does get better fuel mileage.....
dam i would have bet money that the reedy got better fuel milage...interesting an his piston/sleeve is 180.00 the reedy is just above 100.00 if im not mistaken
Old 07-12-2011, 05:02 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jbraddock
dam i would have bet money that the reedy got better fuel milage...interesting
He is running two fuel filters with a LOT of extra fuel line so I'm not totally sure his does better than mine. I do still have the insert in my tank as well and I'm running no external filter and a short fuel line.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MattP
He is running two fuel filters with a LOT of extra fuel line so I'm not totally sure his does better than mine. I do still have the insert in my tank as well and I'm running no external filter and a short fuel line.
what does taking out the insert do? talking a-bought the (clunk or filter?)
Old 07-12-2011, 05:06 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by jbraddock
what does taking out the insert do? talking a-bought the (clunk or filter?)
The losi's have a fuel tank insert to take away fuel volume to meet the capacity limits. Taking that insert out of the tank gives you a few more cc's of fuel for a tad longer run time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.