Wiki Posts
Search

coming back to off road simple question

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default coming back to off road simple question

ok i'm coming back to the off road, so i go to my lhs to see about getting a Losi 8T 2.0 because that what i race in the past,then the owner of the shop/track told me that truggy class died...hard for me to believe but talking to my other lhs/track owner he said the same soooo the shop carry Losi 8B 2.0 and Durango DNX408 and parts there is 100% stocked...so the simple question between the 2 which one because i don't know too much about buggies only truggies...i know there is other brands but trying to stay w/lhs

thanks bobby
Old 07-07-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hmmm, truggy class dead???? First i've heard but it might be different in your area.

You might be best heading down to your local track and checking it out for yourself.

For what its worth, I've heard good things about the dnx408 and would easily go it over the losi but have no personal experience with either. Just based on what i've seen on the track and heard.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Compared to all the other classes i would say truggy is hurting for sure, at least at the club level.

I know the Losi is a great car because i have owned several! The dnx408 i have heard a lot of mixed reviews. I have heard that some have issues after issues and others it's smooth sailing. The car is still very new so I'm sure after some time they will have any and all bugs worked out.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nogas
hmmm, truggy class dead???? First i've heard but it might be different in your area.

You might be best heading down to your local track and checking it out for yourself.

For what its worth, I've heard good things about the dnx408 and would easily go it over the losi but have no personal experience with either. Just based on what i've seen on the track and heard.
there are several other tracks here in Georgia maybe truggy still alive there and eventually i buy a truggy but my 2 closest track 99.8% is buggy...right now buggy is a new game for me...i just need some input between the both like what i need to upgrade or look out wear & tear also opinions from owner that race them why they like about'em
Old 07-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

pretty much all the fast guys at my local track got the DNX 408, all of them sold them and got 8ight 2.0 or RC8b. i'd go with the losi the losi you need to drive smooth, the durango needs to be driven aggressively.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Tech Addict

Truggy is the biggest class by far at our central Ohio track.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cordarrow
Truggy is the biggest class by far at our central Ohio track.
cordarrow i am also form ohio and truggy is still pretty good here but at the club leval like just a sat at the track with the boys no one runs truggy.
it to much work to run two class at the club leval when you just want have fun.

most all of us have truggy that we only run at big race because of this
Old 07-08-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

If your LHS can get Losi and Durango, that means he can get you pretty much anything ( serpent & Agama require their own accounts) Do yo have to choose only what he stocks? Can they not order you what you want to run?
Old 07-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

Get the Losi and be done with it.

I would strongly suggest checking with the actual track to find out. I have heard some places that truggies are not doing all the great in some places (thank the trie companies for that IMO)

But I would say from personal experiences get the buggy. That class will be around for a while, you wont have to worry if theres enough racers or not.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
I would strongly suggest checking with the actual track to find out. I have heard some places that truggies are not doing all the great in some places (thank the trie companies for that IMO)
+1.
Old 07-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Tech Regular

Youre already running Serpent in onroad so why not do the right thing and get an 811 or an 811T
Old 07-08-2011, 03:01 PM
Tech Addict

I don't think truggy is dead. It just surges in popularity kinda like electric racing does. A lot of ppl switched to buggy because they thought it was cheaper than running truggy, but in reality, the cost isn't much different.

As for brand, see what is popular at you local tracks, and what your LHS carries. Then see what fits your budget better.

Good luck to you, and happy racing.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

I still own the Losi but primarily run Serpent (Excellent), Losi is a great kit solid its a performer maintenance and durability is excellent.

Also owned the 408 its not as durable as the LOSI its a driver car takes more maintenance plastics and metals aren't as good they wear very quickly. The 408 is probably the best turning kit Ive ever driven but man that think takes some wrenching and proper setup the rear for me was always a issue but with the 2m mod helped.

Trust me get the Losi if Truggy is dead get the buggy.
Old 07-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

If you used to race an 8T 2.0, wouldn't it make sense to do the Losi buggy?
Assembly and repair should be very similar to the trug that you have already owned and raced.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

at the club level like just a sat at the track with the boys no one runs truggy.
Just the opposite here...truggy at our track is great fun. So much so that the flashlight converts are coming back to nitro...and they want truggys.

Some guys coming back to the hobby also liked the fun...they went truggy as well.

The lone buggy last week had to run with truggy. He usually hands us our butts...but we ganged up and whipped him...sorry Ben....LOL.