Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nitro Down Fall Period Common?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Brian Alderman
Try converting one of your 1/8's to electric? I know it gave me a real shot in the arm, I really am enjoying learning the electric and love the less hassle it is! Just a thought .
And dont forget to put a pink dress on before you go to the track
Old 07-06-2011, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I know what you mean but i race year round, we have no off season, in the summer its slows down due to the heat but the die hard guys still go. i race weekly with my 1/8 buggy and now i just bought a 2wd buggy and also 4x4 sc in the last few months so i have 4 cars to maintain because i race them all the time. about every 3-4 months ill get tired of wrenching and traveling that ill take off for about 2-3 weeks and go at it again. that works for me
Old 07-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
dont race every weekend thats what i do so i get more pumped up to race.

or could it be your getting tried of messing with nitro

i just race every other weekend at diffrent tracks.
It helps to have friends that are super motivated to keep you going.. I have a few, and if not for them I think I might have given up the hobby after last year.. I still get overwhelmed sometimes, but this year I haven't been racing as much. My Lap times are down a little, but my enthusiasm is higher..
Old 07-06-2011, 05:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I no longer race every weekend, down to buggy only and club racing and the odd big race, I am having a blast now.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:54 PM
Tech Master

If you are running two nitro classes already, drop one and run electric. Whether it'd be short course or buggy. Or you can just run one and have fun with the other guys. There's a lot to learn when you watch others run too.
Like the other guys said, set a time aside for RC, and do completely different things to get your mind off of it. As for me, I do mountain biking,(it's kind of like off-road if you think about it). Something different...
Old 07-06-2011, 05:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
I thanks for all the input we race all year its Hawaii the cost factor isnt really a issue for me just lost the racing feeling. Maybe its becuase Im running two classes "Nitro" maybe Im tried of tuning and cleaning. After each race I break down pretty much everything for inspection and proper cleaning got it down pretty quickly thou.

I dont know maybe I should just run one class and take a break.
I say take them both to the track run a few laps with each and whatever feels better run it and stick the other one on the shelf for the day
Old 07-06-2011, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Suck it up ya bunch of Nancy's. Grab yer gear and a handful of dirt....Toss the dirt in your mouth, chew it up, wash it down with some 30%, and head to the track.

I came from electric to nitro and I ain't lookin back. Love the realistic nature of it. If it wasn't for running RC around I would kick small animals and enjoy the physics of said action.

Everyone gets burnt out from time to time. Change it up. I know there are a buncha girl scouts (just kiddin) at our local track that have started runnin 10th scale electric buggies....
Old 07-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

dont get so caught up in all the cleaning and wrenching. Sometimes I go 4 race days before I will take apart anything and clean it good. I'll spray a little Kalgard Degreaser on it and blow it off with the air hose and drop it back on the track the next week. If you can just show up and race without the hours of work in between you wont get burned out
Old 07-06-2011, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I am really feeling this post because I am in the same boat, 2nd child on the way in 3 weeks, just bought a house about 3 months ago, new changes at work, to be honest time has not really allowed for a lot of RC lately. As a matter of fact the last race I participated in, I barely made it, got to the race late, not 1 lap of practice, and missed the first qualifier. Recently a nice track was built literally 5 minutes from my house which has somewhat motivated and excited me play a lil more. But to the OP, I feel ya!!.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:41 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by ScottyM
It helps to have friends that are super motivated to keep you going.. I have a few, and if not for them I think I might have given up the hobby after last year.. I still get overwhelmed sometimes, but this year I haven't been racing as much. My Lap times are down a little, but my enthusiasm is higher..

true i have a friend that races all the time, and he trys to motivate me and wants me to race every weekend actually but i cant afford to anyways since i dont have a local track .
Old 07-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by redman3.3
Try on road. Are they still running at Sandy's and the Airport? They just opened a electric on road track in Kunia by Wall Mart before I left.
The only on-road right now is at the Kunia track. We really could use more racers there as the turn out is pretty thin right now. The race I ran at Sandy's got too small to keep putting in that much effort so now I help out at the Kunia track where I can and race there. The nitro race at the airport got shut down unfortunately.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 86 (99%+)

I have both Nitro and Electric, E side died and my stuff is sitting. I really envy the guys that have true 1/8 tracks we're limited most tracks are geared for SC nothing like the mainland.

If I had the time, money and patience I would open one up but being I have 3 kids, wife and work 6 days a week I don't have the time.

I guess it really hit me hard maybe I should buy a HELI
Old 07-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by bigjayjay1
I have both Nitro and Electric, E side died and my stuff is sitting. I really envy the guys that have true 1/8 tracks we're limited most tracks are geared for SC nothing like the mainland.

If I had the time, money and patience I would open one up but being I have 3 kids, wife and work 6 days a week I don't have the time.

I guess it really hit me hard maybe I should buy a HELI

see i though that too about a true 1/8 track but man i think it would be pretty rough on 1/8 scales wear wise etc.

im done with nitro for a little while like i was saying.

its 1/8 e truggy for me now.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

I guess like any sport or hobby to be good at it you have to have no distractions for me its spending to much time at the track and not with the family and the only thing that I have no motivation for is cleaning both the buggy and truggy at the end of the day
Old 07-07-2011, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I totally can relate to the "burnt out feeling",

I happens form time to time. In the last 24 years now (I think? Has it been that long?), I totally got out 3 or 4 times (total sell out, didn't event keep a radio). Some was because life had other plans and a couple times I was at the point that I wasn't having any fun. Forgot the reason why I loved to race. It got to the point where it was all about trying to be the fasest guy out there. If I wasn't winning, I wasn't happy. Not a good place to be, friends don't stay your friends too long being like that.

Yet each time I got out, I would always come to a point where I missed racing and nothing I did gave me the feeling I get from racing. So back I would come. This last time I got back in I tried to focus on having more fun and helping people more. No fun if you are the only one that still races. Don't get me wrong though, I still want that win. More so when I run with a few club guys that always push me to run harder. But at the end of the day, it's just a hobby and I love it. Win or loose, it's still better than being at work all day.

I still get burnt out a little. To the point where I am just like the OP nd don't really want to touch my rides. Last season I dropped one Nitro class and now Just run Truggy outdoors. Helped, but I still have times where I'd walk right by my bench and know that I needed to get something done, but wouldn't touch it. Usually I'm the most burnt out feeling after a big event or after the season. So I'll take some time away and come back to it later. Having winter break from racing helps as I don't have a lot going on and I get to look for all the new things coming out for the next season.

This season I was at that point where I wasn't in the mood to go out and put in the practice at the outdoor track. I decided to change things up a little and get a 2wd for the new indoor track. Ended up with a 2wd and 4wd, and I'm having a blast right now. I have options of what to race and I'll race at either the indoor track or outdoor track if I can make it with my work schedule. Plus I have a little fire going to let a few of the club guys know the old guy can still wheel a 2wd. It's working so far for me. Just don't take it too serious and take some time away when you need to and you should be good to go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.