Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Who makes a better set of skid plates for the 8t 2.0 than DE Racing? >

Who makes a better set of skid plates for the 8t 2.0 than DE Racing?

Who makes a better set of skid plates for the 8t 2.0 than DE Racing?

Old 07-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by abqNitro
Funny you would mention those! I just got done looking at their website before coming here and they do look interesting? How do they perform in terms of longevity as compared to the DERacing? Does the T-Bones unique design get in the way at all when hitting or landing jumps?
As quoted from T-Bone's website.
"Warranties:

T-Bone Racing offers an unbeatable warranty for our nylon products. It is an lifetime warranty with unlimited replacements. We do not put limitations or conditions on our warranty other then buyer modifications that weaken the product. Delrin skids are not covered under our warranty with one exception; our short course rear skids that have an upkick. If you break an item, send a picture of it via email, with your return address to: [email protected]
"

Go look at their products on the website. They're thicker and you won't find the skids coming out and catching parts of the track when u run. That's my opinion though. With that pricing, I would suggest trying it out for yrself. If you don't like it, you don't lose much.
* You don't find T-Bone skids laying on parts of a track after a race. DE... I reserve judgement. I think most ppl like their though. Difference in opinions.

Last edited by adrictan; 07-03-2011 at 11:36 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Wow, that is a pretty impressive warranty! Looks like TBR is the direction i'll be going for my skids! Thanks for the info!
Old 07-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow, that is a pretty impressive warranty! Looks like TBR is the direction i'll be going for my skids! Thanks for the info!
I don't think the warranty is all that impressive for the part you are interested in ...

"Delrin skids are not covered under our warranty"
Old 07-04-2011, 08:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mthird
I don't think the warranty is all that impressive for the part you are interested in ...

The skids are for my Losi 8T 2.0..According to their website those skids are covered by their lifetime warranty!
Old 07-04-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mthird

If you are gonna quote a text you better quote the whole text: Delrin skids are not covered under our warranty with one exception; our short course rear skids that have an upkick. They just except the ones for Short Course vehicles that have an upkick.

Another question, all those guards make the screws just a tad shorter. Do anyone know where I can get longer screws for the Losi 8T 2.0.
I live in Sweden (Europe) and it's not easy to fins the imperial system screws here. If I could just find longer ones I could cut them to right length if too long.
Old 07-04-2011, 10:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Klimpen717
If you are gonna quote a text you better quote the whole text: Delrin skids are not covered under our warranty with one exception; our short course rear skids that have an upkick. They just except the ones for Short Course vehicles that have an upkick.

Another question, all those guards make the screws just a tad shorter. Do anyone know where I can get longer screws for the Losi 8T 2.0.
I live in Sweden (Europe) and it's not easy to fins the imperial system screws here. If I could just find longer ones I could cut them to right length if too long.
Well, from what ive seen on the website, if longer screws are needed, they will include them with the purchase.. Otherwise, just pull out the digi caliper, measure, and head to the nearest hardware store
Old 07-04-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Master

I would like to see pics of your chassis and running gear and such. To bash a company on a public forum is useles and only makes you look bad. I have used the DE skids since the early prototypes and have had none of the issues you speak of and yes I race at or on just about every surface possible. So please, put up some pics or do your own research to see what other choices are out there.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you race on tracks with stones in the surface, the front lip of the DE skids become a problem. It kinks and start acting like an anchor when you leave jumps, and will make the car upset in rough high speed sections.

Most of our tracks over here are like that, so I stopped using skids. A shame really, as it really protected the chassis from wear.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

By chance could you be using the older DE Skid plates and not the updated XD plates? I replaced them usually after every second or third weekend. For the price of them IMO there effective but if your looking for something to last longer you will need to go with aluminum ones.
Old 07-04-2011, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by tech5
I would like to see pics of your chassis and running gear and such. To bash a company on a public forum is useles and only makes you look bad. I have used the DE skids since the early prototypes and have had none of the issues you speak of and yes I race at or on just about every surface possible. So please, put up some pics or do your own research to see what other choices are out there.
Oooohhh, someone wants to pick a fight because they don't agree with my level of saticfaction on a given product Well my little DERacing cheerleader, ask and you shall receive!

You asked for some pics of my gear! Well I just took these for you right now, and as you can see, my gear is very well taken care of and far from being old and twisted!!!!!!!! This is what my gear looks like 1hr after coming home from a race EVERYTIME!

Now here are the pics of my DE Racing skids after just 1 day of racing! And if you would like, I would be more than happy to provide you with a photo of my e-bay invoice from when I purchased these things from DE Racing just 3 weeks ago too..Let me know!

In this first pic, you can clearly see, on the left of the skid, right where the bumper turns into the skid, it is already cracked!

In this second pic, you can see the entire bottom side of my chasis, FAR FROM BEING OLD AND WORN OUT like you and your chronies would like everyone to believe it is!

In this photo, you can see the rear skid is cracked right down the center twords the rear of the skid..You can also CLEARLY see that by the amount of meet left on this skid that it is fairly new! A quality product would not crack like that in this new of condition!

Furthermore,

You Said: " To bash a company on a public forum is useles and only makes you look bad"

My response: It is not bashing if it is true! Based on facts, and the pics that I have just posted, it just is what it is my friend!

You Said: "So please, put up some pics or do your own research to see what other choices are out there"

My Response: You now have your pics! And my "own" research is exactly what im doing here!

For the life of me, i'll never understand why, on a forum, a simple question cannot just receive a simple answer! It always has to turn into a trial! Let me know if there are any more pics that you would like me to post!
Old 07-04-2011, 11:59 AM
Tech Regular

After seeing those pictures I would venture to say that your surface is way too abrasive for plastic skids and you would need to get aluminum. My DE Skids would get paper thin at the back before I would replace them with no cracks..
Old 07-04-2011, 12:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CaLaBeR
After seeing those pictures I would venture to say that your surface is way too abrasive for plastic skids and you would need to get aluminum. My DE Skids would get paper thin at the back before I would replace them with no cracks..
Yea I don't have any doubt that they may work for some people, but for me and the conditions that I race in, they just don't work..... They would probably be fine on a perfect clay track, with no rocks whatsoever, but out here, in the desert, on this imperfect track, they no worky!
Old 07-04-2011, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

"Oooohhh, someone wants to pick a fight because they don't agree with my level of saticfaction on a given product... "

"For the life of me, i'll never understand why, on a forum, a simple question cannot just receive a simple answer! It always has to turn into a trial!"
I think the issue people had was the delivery of the problem:

Well the track that I race on is pretty hard packed desert terrain lol, so technically yea, its definitely sand paper! These DE Racing skids are getting worn down, cracking, breaking, the whole bit! They suck!
Like mentioned before, saying a product "sucks" because it doesn't suit your needs is just unfair to the company. In reality, the DE products are doing exactly what they were designed and sold to do. They're a wearable surface that allows you to run your truck with minimal wear to the chassis itself.

If it were me, I'd be very appreciative and eager to pay the $2 for a skid. Imagine what your chassis would look like without them.

It's not the product that sucks, it's your track surface.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by R/C Lidz

Like mentioned before, saying a product "sucks" because it doesn't suit your needs is just unfair to the company. In reality, the DE products are doing exactly what they were designed and sold to do. They're a wearable surface that allows you to run your truck with minimal wear to the chassis itself.

If it were me, I'd be very appreciative and eager to pay the $2 for a skid. Imagine what your chassis would look like without them.

Your logic has you right on track for intellectual suicide!

You Said: "Like mentioned before, saying a product "sucks" because it doesn't suit your needs is just unfair to the company."

My Response: I said the product sucks because IT DOES! Please refer to the pics! And further more, my "needs" consists of products that are RACE WORTHY PERIOD! Again, if you go back to the pics that I posted you will clearly see that those skids are NOT race worthy! If they were, you and I would not be having this conversation right now! And, if they were, they would work for ALL racers in this hobby!

You Said: "In reality, the DE products are doing exactly what they were designed and sold to do"

My Response: Obviously not lmao! Look at the pics! They may be working okay for some, but obviously they are not working out for others PERIOD! Im not the only guy that has decided to go a different direction when it comes to skids because of my DE Racing stuff not working out! Just in this one thread alone others have expressed their displeasure in DE Racing skids..Thats a fact and no matter how much your blood boils over it, its just something that your going to have to accept because it is a FACT!

You Said: "If it were me, I'd be very appreciative and eager to pay the $2 for a skid. Imagine what your chassis would look like without them."

My Response: They are actually $7.95 for the front and another $7.95 for the rear, see DERacing's E-Bay auctions! Thats $16 that I would have to spend everytime I race because they don't last longer than 1 race, 2 if im really lucky and don't race hard! Thats more than my fuel costs for the day, thats more than my entry fees to race that day, hell, thats more than my tires cost per race becuase at least they last a few races! T-Bone Racing charges twice as much for a set of their skids/bumpers, but, unlike DE Racing, T-Bone Racing has an UNLIMITED LIFETIME WARRATY on replacements! Now 2+2 to you may equal 3, but to me, it equals 4!

You Said: "It's not the product that sucks, it's your track surface"

My Response: WOW! LOL! Imagine if all companies said that about a product that didn't work! Its not our car that sucks, its the roads in your city that sucks! I got a better idea for you to chew on, how about this one, IF YOUR GOING TO MAKE A PRODUCT FOR RACING ON A TRACK, MAKE ONE THATS DURABLE ENOUGH FOR ALL TRACKS within reason!

Point is, this is a case where the words of a few believers are stronger than the actual product itself.. Now if you want to keep on arguing the point then fine! But I gotta tell you, I have posted enough pics and points to assure you a permenant spot on the loosing end of the stick! With that being said, how about just leave it alone!

Last edited by abqNitro; 07-04-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old 07-04-2011, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by R/C Lidz

BTW, here is the track that I race on, its not perfect, but its not exactly the pile of concrete rubble that you would like to think it is!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.