Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
New Losi 1:8 buggy next year?? word is yes.. >

New Losi 1:8 buggy next year?? word is yes..

New Losi 1:8 buggy next year?? word is yes..

Old 08-19-2008, 06:57 AM
Tech Adept

Default New Losi 1:8 buggy next year?? word is yes..

Several distributurs in europe, claims a new buggy from Losi next year, replacing the 8ight?

Have anyone heard the same as me?
Old 08-19-2008, 07:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Finken
Several distributurs in europe, claims a new buggy from Losi next year, replacing the 8ight?

Have anyone heard the same as me?
I have not heard this. At the most they won't make that descision until after the worlds in Sept. If Losi wins they will come out with a Worlds edition like everyone else before them. Then maybe a new buggy in late 2009. Hmmm a buggy with a 3 year run on the same design gotta love it.
Old 08-19-2008, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

the only thing i have heard at the california tracks, or on sgrid is that the new car is the old car with a bunch of updates. The acermen being one of the changes.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Now that Losi is no longer controlled by racers. (the last few years) They have not been bringing new upgrades out like before. They do not have a large team that they supported by sending to large races like before. They have given up on TC. To bad since the JRX-S Type R was/is a great car on carpet. Now they are coming out with more toy marketed cars. They just announced a dirt oval buggy and 1/8 scale

So I can see a long cycle time for new products. Now that Losi is part of a money hungry conglomerate.

Last edited by dodgeguy; 08-19-2008 at 11:04 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 09:22 AM
Suspended

Location: r.i.p Chiquita - 1993-2008 - "best dog in the world"

next year, let alone next outdoor season, is too long away that it's worthy worrying about ....... and i've yet to see the buzz do anything more than create unrealistic expectations
Old 08-19-2008, 09:40 AM
Tech Master

A new losi , humm my first question would be is it needed ??

Does the 8ight not do well at the race's ?? It could be refined more I guess, but honestly IMO there's nothing major needs touching.

Weight , We could lose some of that (always good and the 808,MP9 and Mugen either are lighter or are rumorer to be lighter than the 8ight).

Internal ratio change to truggy gearing or close to, MAYBE something they will look at since a few racers think the converstion is worth doing. Xray,AE and HB at least are already doing this out the box.

Don't know if there's some geometery changes that could be made to introduce a touch more stability ?? But there'll be a down side to anything done in that direction, so I dont know....

A change in materials to improve the life span of the parts would be the change I'd like to see most. If we could see Xray,mugen,Kyosho quality in the LOSI box I'd be over joyed........

Just a few thoughts

Rod
Old 08-19-2008, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

On other forums it was confirmed that there is Not a all new buggy coming out.. Just some running changes that will be going on...
Old 08-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

You have to beat the old car first ........LOL ! Once Drake and Truhe can no longer hang with the competitions buggys then I could see some changes .

IMO it's a 3 year old car that people are still chasing ............that's the best part about it . My 8 and 8T are so worn out and loose people grab my car at a race ....jiggle the wheels and a-arms and laugh . ........funny because it handles better than ever ...... Often imitated never duplicated .....yet .
Old 08-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

[QUOTE=dead1dave;4754621]You have to beat the old car first ........LOL ! Once Drake and Truhe can no longer hang with the competitions buggys then I could see some changes .

From what the other forum said, they were already useing and testing the new parts, more refinements for the car.. it should be soon, i think they sade after the worlds it will basically be the running chang..
Old 08-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
Now that Losi is no longer controlled by racers. (the last few years) They have not been bringing new upgrades out like before. They do not have a large team that they supported by sending to large races like before. They have given up on TC. To bad since the JRX-S Type R was/is a great car on carpet. Now they are coming out with more toy market cars. They just announced a dirt oval buggy and 1/8 scale

So I can see a long cycle time for new products. Now that Losi is part of a money hungry conglomerate.

toys market cars ? whats that supposed to mean ?
Old 08-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have a feeling that the 8ight is gonna be like Pearl Jam's album Ten. I mean, where do you go from there?
Old 08-19-2008, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Now that Losi is no longer controlled by racers. (the last few years) They have not been bringing new upgrades out like before. They do not have a large team that they supported by sending to large races like before. They have given up on TC. To bad since the JRX-S Type R was/is a great car on carpet. Now they are coming out with more toy market cars. They just announced a dirt oval buggy and 1/8 scale

Did Losi steal your lollypop? lol

If I were running and R/C company I would market products to what is selling, not what all of us elitist hardcore racers want.

What's hot in R/C right now?

Not Touring Cars. 1/8 buggy and truggy have fallen off quite a bit from where it was a few years ago.

Dirt oval is on a huge comeback especially in the midwest. And one of the driving forces is running 1/8 scale buggy's on Dirt Ovals.

And yes I race oval(dirt, paved and carpet), Touring cars, 1/12, and now 1/8 off-road. Over the past 16 years I've seen all the fades come and go but the Big Dogs are still there(Losi, Associated, Trinity etc) I'd say that the longevity of the bigger R/C companies in an extremely specialized market, tells me they know what they are doing.

As far as the Eight goes, If it ain't broke don't fix it. All my locals tell me I made a mistake getting the losi, that it's got all these problems, but the more I run it the faster I get with it. Every car is going to have flaws and if they can address a few without coming out with a brand new, "must have" car more power to Losi. I'd much rather do some upgrades and hopups that shell out for a whole new car.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I use to drive the losi, its a great car but wear was the biggest issue for me. Always wearing out the front center cvd and other parts as well. If they do update it with new better wearing parts and a few other new parts I would consider buying another one.
Old 08-19-2008, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

that would be cool if they came out with a new buggy but there is no reason to, they already have the best buggy out there, is it possible to make it better?
Old 08-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Check out the new battery.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSB9864

I can make a guess on what will be released first.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.