R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road-130/)
-   -   Losi 810 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-off-road/526936-losi-810-a.html)

PnchoPwr 06-25-2011 02:57 PM

Losi 810

So I'm thinking of getting in to nitro, and have been looking at the 810 RTR from Losi. I'd like to just go out and buy an 8 2.0, but that's not gonna happen. Does anyone have any thoughts or opinions for or against this vehicle? This will be my first nitro car.

ae-Dan 06-25-2011 03:52 PM

i have been racing mine for a couple months now and i love it. its as fast as any thing on the track and handles great. it seams like eveyone that has them love them and eveyone that has not drove it hates it :confused:

there is a couple things it needs to make it a great racer but theres really nothing to it, you need to change over to a 125cc tank and the clutch should be changed over to the losi 2.0

and the run time is also great, i am getting 11mins and 43 secs, so for our 20min main thats only 1 pit stop :sneaky:

if you want to you can just pm me and i will hook you up on the info

rhysmkay 08-13-2011 01:33 AM

hey guys, im really keen on buying an 810 because i dont have the money for the 8ight 2.0. so is it any good? would you reccomend it for a first buggy.

i would use it for racing sometimes and bashing around

Bigwave 08-13-2011 10:47 AM

There's a few things you will end up buying right away for the 810 that are guaranteed to fail within half a gallon.

Clutch will wear real fast and the spring will break as a result, Steering servo gets sloppy & fails fast...also the differential pins are soft and wear out quick which in turn blows the diff\gears from abnormal wear.

Other wise it's pretty solid, just have to be prepared to fix some things.

Nothing else wrong with the 810 I can think of, but if I was doing it over again I'd probably just save the extra few $ and grab an 8ight 2.0 rtr.

JEDI BASS 08-14-2011 03:55 AM

I've had my 810 since mid June of this year... my first nitro and first real RC car since 20 years ago.

Yes, the clutch HAS to go! I went w/ a Buku after 2 spring issues right off the bat. I also replaced the steering servo after about 6 weeks. And, I recently did the fuel tank mod--- using an 8ight tank. I've also broken my pullstart and started using a 8ight starter box (810 chassis is only about 1/2" shorter than an 8ight). I've not had diff issues yet but I trust that it will happen. I keep bending the front shock tower and wish I could find a sturdier replacement. Maybe a 8ight 2.0 tower will bolt right up, I haven't checked yet.

I've got a kit-built 8 2.0 and it's a blast, but the 810 is competitive w/ the big blocks IMO. But, it's lighter and seems to flip or rollover easier. An 8ight seems to be able to push thru a nose dive into a hillside while my 810 will flip end over end. I'm a newb and still learning to drive. :D

One thing I've noticed is that a lot of guys are mod'ing the 810 to electric. I've been able to pick up engines, pipes, throttle servos and linkages for nearly nothing. The extra parts have come in handy several times.

810 12-27-2011 05:29 PM

I own this car, and its great. Easy to tune and adjust. the 810 is actually a little bit smaller than a full 1/8 scale, but it is still extremely fun to drive. The only problem i have is the steering servo is not the best. But overall, a great nitro buggy for beginners to intermediate nitro racers.:nod:

usmcperez1812 12-27-2011 09:16 PM

I love my 810 it does great on the track this buggy flys! just like everyones saying it needs a bigger fuel tank and my only problems so far after 2 months of playing is the rear hubs break all the time so I would go with the alluminum upgrade and my rear arms broke a few times as well also the front tower is pretty weak. I just recently had a clutch shoe problem..they feel pretty cheap anyone got a upgrade suggestion?

810 02-09-2012 01:16 PM

Yeah also the tires erode easily. I recommend getting some proline or aka tires.