Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

heres some shots of the FTE i just got in a trade deal.

looking forward to gain great info and knowledge from you guys here.

ok, here some pics of the new ride. cant wait to get more info and start to run it. what servos are you all finding a good one to use.
im thinking JR Z9000 T on steering and a hitech 645MG on thrt/brk duty.

topless shots.

goodies included, parts, lids, wings, and the stater box.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Timmahh welcome to the family!!!!!!!!!!!there is lots of CR knowledge in these pages....
Old 08-01-2007, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Timmahh, Welcome to the X1 World!
As Jason said, tonnes of info here... just browse back the pages
Old 08-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I use nothing but futaba servos, And welcome to one of the best buggys you will ever drive.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:20 AM
Suspended

thanx for the warm welcome folks. im deffinatly jizzed about the Jammin.

for the time being i ll prolly run a JR Z270 ( weak i know ) on throt/brake, and put in a HiTec 645MG for steering. once i get my JR Z9000T back from service, i'll be installing that in steering, and then the 645 will be moving to thrt/brake.

what fuels you guys using. Typically i use Byrons Original 30%. but have heard Rocket Science fuel is really really good? any comments?

been perusing the thread already. 125 plug pages will take a bit of reading to finish. though i will finish it thru.

Timmahh
Old 08-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Suspended

Well i went to the LHS, bought a Gallon of Byrons 30%, came home and made dinner for me and the nephew. after dinner, tood the Jammin out, filled'r up. put it on the starter box, and after a few rolls and getting the fuel flowing. bam, she was up n running. let it warm up a bit and was flammin out for a few minutes until it was a bit warmer. went to take off and it was still flaming out a bit, so i leaned out the H needle just an RCH, and Bam off i went.

put a tank thru it putzn around the yard, then let it set a bit. filled it back up, and burnt a 2nd tank out. temps never really looked to get over 190*, which was a bit weird as it was 93*f out and is humid as hell.
not sure if its the fact its still a new Jammin .21, still tuned a bit rich, but damn what a screaming motor, or the fact im useing 30%, where im used to running 20%, but never reaching 200* i was pleased to say the least!

buggy handled like a champ too!!!!
i can see i ll need to pull the jr z270 on thrt/brake and install the JR 650MG, then when i get it back from svc. put the JR Z9000T in for steering duty and put the Hitec 645MG in the CEN CT-5 steering duty, where im pulling the JR 650 from.

hope my JR gets back soon. was told next week most likly. so the hitec will have to do for steering for now, works well, but i like the 9000T much better.

Well. all in all im a happy camper!! Jammins a nice lil score, and im very pleased with my trade deal!

will prolly go to the track this sat and run it against some seasoned 1/8th guys and get my ass handed to me, but hey, thats what its all about isnt it?

on a side note, which Works adjustable clutch do you need, the SG crank one? or the Traxxas one. i have one of each here i believe. the SG crank one is new and never used? whats a good starting point for the 4 carbon shoes as far as spring nut tightness?
Thanx

Timmahh
Old 08-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

stick with the 30% byrons....good stuff!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2007, 11:03 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jason Halvorson
Timmahh welcome to the family!!!!!!!!!!!there is lots of CR knowledge in these pages....
Hi All. Yes welcome it seems you have a good car to start with. The Jammin engine is very good. Some good servos as you pointed out. Also I would suggest red springs front and rear or Mugen greys if you can get them. I find the yellow is too soft and tends to loose its bounce.
There is not alot of fuss with setting up of the Jammin car. Once you have a good setup it pretty much works everywhere.
So good luck in your race.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:03 AM
Suspended

Thanx. i got a set of Red Spring with the Buggy. i ll throw them on today as i ve read this on more than one occasion. will be stuffing the JR 650 on thrt/brake duty today too.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

yeah the mugen grays or jammin reds are both good springs looking at your pics it looks like you could go over the suspension and change some things around to get it to handle better. talk to the guys at your local track they will help you.
also do the 7th hole mod on the rear tower it will most likely help you or if nothing else give you another option for later.

cya
Old 08-05-2007, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timmahh
Thanx. i got a set of Red Spring with the Buggy. i ll throw them on today as i ve read this on more than one occasion. will be stuffing the JR 650 on thrt/brake duty today too.
You'll notice a big difference with the reds. The yellows will be a good option for ROUGH tracks. Do the 7th hole mod on the rear tower. It will plant the rear end ALOT better.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Suspended

i got a few tanks thru with the red springs on b4 the only glow i have for it died on me. whats a good turbo plug to get for the JPX Jammin .21? i ll need to get a few.

but i can tell it was a firmer ride with the red spings just running thru the yard.
on all grass, with really good hook up, i could see the rear end diffing out a bit occasionally. im not sure how its set up atm as i just got it, but can find out.

track i ll typcically wil be running on is almost all clay, very hard!! even when its sprayed down, its hard. i mean hard. lol any suggestions on diff/susspension setups. being as hard as it is, and its pretty raw condition, i ll probably end up putting the yellow springs back on in the end.

no races yesterday, so i just drove a imaginary track in the yard till the glow plug blew, then i pulled out the Baja 5B and proceded or really set up a track by tearing out all sorts of grass onlong the path. lol

Timmahh
Old 08-05-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You'll want a hot plug for the JPX21 and 28
Old 08-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AZRCaddict
You'll want a hot plug for the JPX21 and 28
a hot plug for a BB really???
Old 08-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

ran my buggy today and broke only the second thing on it since i've had it for 3 years. i still have the old style skinny shocks, and today the top threaded part of on the front shock bodies sheared off inside of the shock cap. yes, oil did go everywhere on that corner, but it was kind of funny to see the top of the threads completely missing from the top of the shock body!they are still working great, and i will probably just replace the shock body with a new one and not opt for the Big Bores yet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.