Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

man that looks awsome. great paint job
Old 01-27-2005, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

buggyman, yup, i'll be there..first time to check it out...what tires are good there?......ttyl, Jim
Old 01-27-2005, 08:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I hate to thread cr@p here, but I cant resist. All you guys who are upgrading to the Jammin are you looking to sell your old car? I am looking to start racing 1/8th scale but dont want to spend a ton until I know I am going to stick with it.

Thanks
Old 01-27-2005, 08:17 PM
Tech Adept

I think crime fighters are a sure bet. or panter k2. But I am not the authority on tires. I run them till bald. I just got three sets of crime fighters and one of k2.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:52 AM
Tech Elite

MXman - Don't be afraid to jump in headfirst, you'll be hooked!

If you're looking to get in on a budget, the RTR is directly based off of the Pro. If you need radio and engine equipment, that's the cheapest way to go. If you don't..you could get the RTR, sell the radio and engine on e-Bay, and use that money to upgrade your car to the Pro version.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Aaron,

I see that your from Escondido. I am from Esco too. Do you have a track close by that you practice at?

I saw on the Jammin website that Jay dream is to race Trophy Trucks. Has he ever been in one? I help out Baldwin Racing for all the baja races. The things are pretty amazing.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

MXman - The Palomar Flyers club is off of the 76 in Fallbrook, and ARC Racing in Murrieta are both really close. I usually don't have any reserve for driving lots of miles every weekend..so I'm usually up at Hemet.

I love Escondido..great place to grow up

I don't know if Jay has been in a trophy truck before..but if he does go racing, I'll be jealous!
Old 01-28-2005, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Aaron i just got the new brakes part # 36659 but they are not discs they are pads and back plates and the pads are twice as thick as the kit pads and you only get 2 in a pack so my ? is are these made to convert the 4 brake system to a 2 brake system
Old 01-28-2005, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by bigl
Aaron i just got the new brakes part # 36659 but they are not discs they are pads and back plates and the pads are twice as thick as the kit pads and you only get 2 in a pack so my ? is are these made to convert the 4 brake system to a 2 brake system
Just get the Cradock "Anti-Lock" brake discs. I've got these and they're awesome. They should last 1-2 yrs. according to the supplier. I'm currently using a quad Cradock brake setup but I think it's overkill. A single setup should work fine. The reason I chose the quad Cradocks is to minimize the conversion time. I just used the stock Jammin X1 pro hardware. It is recommended to eliminate the bottom guides for the rotating discs which I did. Easy to do, just remove the screws through the chasis that hold them in.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

Note for some others who may run into this...

I have been looking for a reason my engine was shutting off sparadically, for what seemed like no reason every once in a while. The clutch checked out, swapped out the tank, glow plugs, etc. Still acted up every once in a while...I found that my air gap in the brakes was too high and the rear most brake rotor was rubbing the flywheel when the brakes were applied, even just letting off, the servo would bounce and hit the rotor edge to the flywheel and baaahhh.........stalled. I tightened the air gap so the brakes are barely free to get enough clearance to allow for chassis flex. Problem solved.

With the adjustable mount you can simply slide the engine back to gain clearance, but not wih the one peice mount. It looks like maybe it should have about .020 or .030 more clearance, but should work if you pay more attention then I did my first try, .............Jim
Old 01-29-2005, 06:15 AM
Tech Adept

Smile

ya Jim I had somewhat of the same problem with the adjustable mounts. My flywheel rubbed against the brakes. I must say since I got the one piece motor mount, captured pins, and new tank from Ofna I have mothing to do after runnin the car but clean it. NOthing is going wrong, got all the bugs out. When I put the craddocks on I had to trim the screws because they stuck out to far, but wasn't hard.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

Cant wait to get my new Jammin X1. All the guys at my track race X-Ray I like both buggys but I love the Jammin
Old 01-30-2005, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Car ran very well today, finished well, one lap wasn't too pretty, but it worked out ok......A Thunder Tiger won Travis Scrambling, man that guy is fast....I got 2nd and Jared Scott got 3rd(yes the on-road guy, LOL).

Just a club race, Florida Nationals style, alot of fast guys, Ryan Eckert, Dave Diehl, Jammin Jay.....Johnson, ....haha, mostly sorting it out for our state series next week, but finally finished my qualifiers and the car was really good. I had good steering and good rear traction, even with crimefighters that were about 40% worn the start of the day...........Jim
Old 01-31-2005, 04:44 PM
Tech Adept

Default Jammin

Congrats Jim/Jammin on the second place finish yesterday. I was hanging in there until my tire came off with like 8 minutes left and I didn't continue (I think I was like fourth). Not a bad showing for the Jammin with us being the only two cars in the race. The car deffinetly works.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Jeff, yes, good job to you as well...Nice meeting you. Are you going to Ft Pierce state series race also?..........aka, mini nationals, LOL.......Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.