Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 12:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jerseyboy

Check out this body I did last night. Must say I have never owned a Proline CRT body. I think its slick.
u still use the stock tires there, eh? interesting. im using the CF MT now with stock HN rim.
Old 11-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

has anybody ever gotten their clutchbell stuck on the crankshaft? well today mine did. i appears that some of the threadlock got down into the space between the bearing and the shaft, and what do you know! i couldn't get it off so i had to go a day without using fresh clutch shoes.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:17 PM
Tech Regular

has anybody ever gotten their clutchbell stuck on the crankshaft? well today mine did. i appears that some of the threadlock got down into the space between the bearing and the shaft, and what do you know! i couldn't get it off so i had to go a day without using fresh clutch shoes.
Bad idea to use threadlock there. As a rule I dont use threadlock. Its so easy to strip the crank thread.

You guys think jammin is workin on a new buggy? Or do you think they will just continue to upgrade what they have now
I dont think the Jammin X1 really needs an upgrade now. I think probably mostly improvements will come. We havent seen the best of the X1 yet. Wait till it wins the Worlds. It my be in 2008 in Jammin territory. The biggest rival will be the Losi. Difficult to beat American patriotism. Losi is American produced and as such will be the choice. So far the strongest X1 competition was from the states.

u still use the stock tires there, eh? interesting. im using the CF MT now with stock HN rim.
I use the stock rims and tyres to bash or test. In this case I was running in the GO21 engine. I use Crime fighters but recently bought a set of Proline Bowties to try. I also have the new CRT wheel extensions to use with the GRP rims. It really makes your truck handle better. The only reason I dont have the extensions is the GRP tyres do not last as long as the Prolines. It becomes very expensive running like that. My last set of Crimefighters has 6 months of running. These stock tyres are way past using for racing.

Last edited by Jerseyboy; 11-19-2006 at 11:59 PM.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony montana
You guys think jammin is workin on a new buggy? Or do you think they will just continue to upgrade what they have now

Tony i asked Chad bradley this same thing about 5 weeks ago on the sgrid.com conferences and he answered that Jammin will not release a new buggy platform in at least 1 or 1/2 years, but will improve the actual jammin based on drivers experience ...

For me, its an awesome competitor and i think it have track time for a long time, not even the Losi on non-factory drivers like you and me left the jammin behind in racers ...

cya,
Old 11-20-2006, 09:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I'm blowing clutch bell bearings left and right,about every 4 tanks of fuel. Particularly the front one. Clutch shoes and springs are installed correctly and shimmed properly and gear mesh is fine. Any theories,or anything I should check? Thanks alot.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:28 PM
Tech Champion

yes.. got to agree with that. the jammin/hongnor buggy/truggy is still performing better if not the best.
still produce result at podium level, locally, national & internationally.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:20 PM
Tech Regular

I'm blowing clutch bell bearings left and right,about every 4 tanks of fuel. Particularly the front one. Clutch shoes and springs are installed correctly and shimmed properly and gear mesh is fine. Any theories,or anything I should check? Thanks alot.
Hugh: This could be either your mesh is too close putting excess stress on bearings. If not It can only be clutch shoes causing too much heat. Are you using aluminium shoes?
Also is this for buggy or truggy. What tooth CB are you using?
Also are you using metal shielded or rubber sealed for Clutch bell bearings.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:29 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

check for chassis flex hugh, that can wreak havoc on the clutch. are you using the one piece engine mount? be sure your chassis braces are still tight and straight too...i experienced a loose rear chassis brace first hand...no fun to be had there
Old 11-21-2006, 06:44 AM
Tech Addict

Hugh,

Most of the clutch bearing problems I see at the track are related to improper shimming or poor gear mesh, in that order. When shimming your clutch you want to have about .04mm of end play, anything less and you are asking for trouble. Aside from having the correct gear mesh you also want to make sure that your clutch bell is as close to 90* to your spur as possible. If it is not this can put your bell & bearings in a bind and they will go quick. Like Adam said chassis flex is no good so check that out as well.

Kyosho sells a great shim pack for shimming the bell. Here is the part number, #96643

5x7x .01mm-.02mm-.03mm are the 3 sizes that come in the bag.

You can get them here, http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...6643&x=53&y=11
Old 11-21-2006, 08:44 PM
Tech Champion

never blown my clutch bearing ever since i installed the z brace. i use cheap bearing. even have to change, thats cheap.. but it still holding on.
its probably need thin bearing oil, thats all.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Thanks for the info,guys. Honestly,everything mentioned above seems to be in check as far as mesh,shimming and all brace screws are tight. Also,I do have the Z brace. I'm gonna tinker with it a little more and see what happens.
Jerseyboy- It's the buggy
metal sheilded bearings
aluminum shoes(was also throwing bearings with comp. shoes)
stock bell (13 tooth)
Old 11-23-2006, 06:21 PM
Tech Champion

usually it comes back to gear messing. im satisfied if my gear messing is correct if i can push my buggy forward for a metre or so without any binding. and i stop it suddenly but the flywheel still turning. now thats for me, the correct gear mess.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Hong nor come out with new flat N hump pack batteries. 1300mAH.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

hey guys i am swaping a onroad electric for a hong nor xc1r team spec buggy roller.

that is the difference between the team spec and the pro? and what does the team spec have over the standard?

thanks
Old 11-24-2006, 08:23 PM
Tech Champion

try here Jammin Products

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.