Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jammin X1 - so close yet so far

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2006, 04:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You are supposed to fill them 80% so that is pretty close.
I usually go to the top of the small bevel gears.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

5-7-3 is a good starting point for most American tracks.

I do exactly what macnkitty does. I think it's always better to have a little more than too little. If you overfill it, just loosen the screws slightly and push the gear side down-the excess oil will drain out.
Old 05-30-2006, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yeah, when i first built my buggy i filled it up to the top and the excess just bled out the top through the screw holes. you don't want air bubbles in the diffs just like you don't want air in the shocks.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys,

Take a look at my article about my debut on 1/8 buggy racing at the Mexican Nationals this last weekend :

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=115990

cya !

Old 05-31-2006, 02:12 AM
Tech Elite

bravo.. go make jammin up up and away...!!
Old 05-31-2006, 09:56 AM
Tech Addict

Congradulations, that's got to be difficult to race on a track with no Pipe to divide the lanes. What's the penalty for cutting the track?
Old 05-31-2006, 03:32 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up Diff Oils

Originally Posted by macnkitty2002
yeah, when i first built my buggy i filled it up to the top and the excess just bled out the top through the screw holes. you don't want air bubbles in the diffs just like you don't want air in the shocks.
That's a good point macnitty & i never thought of that i must admit.
I will do that next time i rebuild my diffs for sure.
Does the diff oil expand when it's hot?
Old 05-31-2006, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DRKWNG
Congradulations, that's got to be difficult to race on a track with no Pipe to divide the lanes. What's the penalty for cutting the track?

Well, it was my first race ever in MT and Buggy class and i can tell you that just a few drivers made some mistake cuting curves or something like that ... and when that few did it, the race director sent them to stop&go once, stop&go + 10 seconds on the second time and disqualyfication on third one ... but as i say, that was not a problem during the race ... i think that on the only section where pilots were cuting something (including me) was a little curve after a double and heading to the uphill and the cut was of 30 cm max, and for the finals they put a very big red cone on that curve

Thanks for your words ...

Old 05-31-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by RCRacing.com.au
That's a good point macnitty & i never thought of that i must admit.
I will do that next time i rebuild my diffs for sure.
Does the diff oil expand when it's hot?
Nope!
Old 05-31-2006, 06:03 PM
Tech Addict

Ok then i will fill my diffs right up next time.
Thanks for the info as i wasn't sure and was told it does.
Cheers
Old 06-01-2006, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

Pato, Watching those videos you're driving skills were very impressive for you first race with an 8th scale buggy. With a little more practice you will be destroying everybody. I look forward to seeing more videos of you races.

What motor do you run? can you post a link so I can see it? It looks very strong and for half the price I might be willing to try one.
Old 06-01-2006, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

SavageSYNTH, Diff fluid doesn't expand? I was always told when it heats up it does. When you build your diffs and fill them up all the way do they leak? Does it change the preformace when you fill them to just over the crosspins instead of all the way? What diff fluid do you use?
Old 06-01-2006, 12:15 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Dan-O, it sez in Pato's vid that he's using the STS D21T. I was actually going to buy one of these prior to the start of the race season before I made my fateful Collari mistake. However, I was going to buy the original version (D21B). You can get them either at www.projectzen.net or www.racernine.com. I just checked the prices and noticed the D21B has dropped to 130$ and the D21T has dropped to 175$! Sweet deals considering all the praise the STS engines get in the nitro engine forum.
Old 06-01-2006, 12:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DRKWNG
SavageSYNTH, Diff fluid doesn't expand? I was always told when it heats up it does. When you build your diffs and fill them up all the way do they leak? Does it change the preformace when you fill them to just over the crosspins instead of all the way? What diff fluid do you use?

DRKWNG, I've never experienced diff oil expansion, expecially with heavier viscosities. If anything, the oil may move around if the diff is not completely full. I've never had a leaky differential, except for the stock Mugen diff-that was fixed with good ol' Carolinas RC o-rings. The only thing I noticed when not filling the diff all the way up is it felt as if the car was "diffing out" more....This was on a very hot day though. I use Xray diff fluids. IMO, filling the diff all the way up keeps diff performance consistent, and it's better to have a bit leak out from an overfilled diff then to have a halfway full diff. Just my .02.......
Old 06-01-2006, 12:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

This is interesting. Everything I've ever read or been told recomends fill the diffs till the fluid just covers the cross shafts. Interesting question, is my filled to the cross shafts 5,7,2 the same as someone elses 5,7,2 but filled up all the way?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.